Thread: Polaroid Photography

Default Polaroid Photography

Hi all,

The recent craze as i've observed about polaroids (or cheaper option - fujiinstantx) has thrown me into bewilderment.

To me at least, i find polaroids an interesting topic. I have many queries about it, and hence i guess its time for me to clear it once and for all by initiating a discussion here.

It has come to my understanding that polaroids and fuji instant are two different things all together. However, i've identified little differences, except that polaroids produces photographs that are more artistic in a sense.

I am a student and i've observed that many of my peers are beginning to embrace these instant photography. I've had a few friends and their rationale behind it is because "Polaroids are so chio!!" or simply "It is so easy to use and can put into wallet!".

I am awed. Is the cost of films justifiable? I have thoughts of acquiring polaroid (real one, not fuji) but i concluded that i need more understanding on this paradigm of art. After a year or so into digital photography, i've found that digital photos are not close to heart. It just gives me an overall feel that, oh it is just a photograph and nothing close to it. I need something sentimental to relate to. I've embraced film photography and i realised it is no different since photographs are scanned in lab and is no different from photographs directly from digital camera. There is just, no feel, do you get what i am hitting at?

So its time that i search for alternative photography. Polaroids seems to be the idea that comes to me.

I've searched the forum for quite a while and i didn't quite get my answer, even in the specified "Polaroid Photography" on Alternative Photography subforum.

What is your take on Polaroid photography?

Is the cost of film (35.90 for 10 pcs) justifiable?

Is there any more differences between polaroids and fujiinstantx other than the artsy feelings i've observed and the brand of the films?

Thanks, please enlighten me.

Default Re: Polaroid Photography

Whether its worth it or not to up to individuals. If you find that it is what you love, then the price you pay is justified. For me, $3 plus a picture is quite costly but then again, its not my area of interest.

So, in the end, if you love it, then by all means go for it

Thanks! But i am still confused if i should play polaroid. :/

Oh okay, then just surveying, do most people find polaroids effect appealing?

Hahaha, i need quite some opinions to do weighing.

Quote Originally Posted by Edisonn View Post
    Thanks! But i am still confused if i should play polaroid. :/

Oh okay, then just surveying, do most people find polaroids effect appealing?

Hahaha, i need quite some opinions to do weighing.
    Some people like the effect it gives, some like the novelty value as the image "appears" right before your eyes, also, you don't need to develop any film. Lastly, at $3 plus a pop, it really encourages you to compose your shots well before you press the button

yo hi.. i jus got to try the fuji instax mini 7s during company service nite.....
    personally i find it pretty fun n artistic too...(didn't try the real polaroid b4...hm...)
    the film isn't tat exp as in... 1 pack (10 pieces) for about $10.50 if u buy online...
    intending to get 1 set.....
    perhaps u can check out the 7s?.. many gd reviews...