Thread: Exercises for Photographers

Smile Exercises for Photographers

Hi Guys,

after 3 photoshoots in a week I can feel my thighs are aching. (not enough exercises)

so I just thought of listing some exercises for photographers to do to build up strength and stamina.

1.) half squats - bend ur knees to 90 degrees - to improve low angle photography
    2.) hand exercise grip - to improve stability

please continue add on.
    http://www.EdmundPhoto.com
    for Weddings, Family Portraits, Executive Portraits, etc

Default Re: Exercises for Photographers

frankly speaking, if you want to cover all aspects of photography without being specific, almost every muscle group has its uses in photography if you want to take it that far.

the core (midsection, i.e. abdominal muscles) plays a very important role, i feel. it is easy to lose balance when trekking, frolicking on top of mossy rocks, etc. having a strong core will help prevent that to a certain extent, along with good habits/procedures to ensure safety when shooting.

i'm not sure what you are using your thighs for, but the muscles that seem more tired than usual after the wilder parts of singapore are the lower back and abdominal area.

3) buddha claps. outstretch ur arms to form 180 degress, parrallel to the floot and clap them above ur head. repeat for 2 mins. for strong arms to hold on to ur "cannons" without feeling tired.
    Canon 60D | And Legs as Lens to cover every single focal length i ever needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferderico View Post
    Hi Guys,

after 3 photoshoots in a week I can feel my thighs are aching. (not enough exercises)

so I just thought of listing some exercises for photographers to do to build up strength and stamina.

1.) half squats - bend ur knees to 90 degrees - to improve low angle photography
    2.) hand exercise grip - to improve stability

please continue add on.
    For (1), seems like Chinese kungfu '扎马'.

Suggest (3) pumping/chin up to train arm muscle for shooting stability?
    D700 * 70-200 F/2.8 VRII * 24-120 F/4 * 50 F/1.4G * SB900
    你敬我一尺,我尊你一丈.

1. Hold tripods horizontally and hang camera bag on one end, lift it up above your head and down. Breath in breath out.

2. Hold camera with left hand, wipe the filter in circular motion clockwise with right hand. Then change to right hand and wipe it in anti-clockwise. Breath in. Breath out. At the same time turn head to the left and right. Then right to left.

3. Spread legs apart and hang camera bag from belt between legs. Now get up and get down. Up and down. down and up. Do this exercise before every XMM photoshoot to maintain equilibrium.

May the good energy with you!
    Last edited by Sion; 18th October 2010 at 03:30 PM.