Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: is my AA battery lifespan dying?

  1. #1
    Senior Member josho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jln Teck Whye
    Posts
    2,110

    Default is my AA battery lifespan dying?

    After firing 4-5 test flash shot on my Canon EX580II, I notice that the recharge bulb remains at red and do not turn green at all.

    Is it that my PowerEx batteries lifespan is dying?

    I hardly use the batteries and most of the time they are located in my dry cabinet.
    I also had it condition using the charger and it is giving me same result.

    I was thinking of getting eneloop batteries and was wondering the batteries can be charge using PowerEx charger or not.

    Any advise?

    I do not have fresh AA batteries at home for me to test my external flash.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    611

    Default Re: is my AA battery lifespan dying?

    Maha Powerex? those are not Low Self Discharge batteries... after leaving it for about 2 weeks it would lose charge...

    Eneloop and Maha Imedion is LSD battery though... can charge with your existing Maha Charger...

  3. #3

    Default Re: is my AA battery lifespan dying?

    Quote Originally Posted by josho View Post
    After firing 4-5 test flash shot on my Canon EX580II, I notice that the recharge bulb remains at red and do not turn green at all.

    Is it that my PowerEx batteries lifespan is dying?

    I hardly use the batteries and most of the time they are located in my dry cabinet.
    I also had it condition using the charger and it is giving me same result.
    possibly, but hard to say for sure until you get new batteries to compare.

    you can use your charger to charge eneloops.

  4. #4
    Senior Member josho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jln Teck Whye
    Posts
    2,110

    Default Re: is my AA battery lifespan dying?

    Yes, Maha powerex.

    I am using this:


    Apparently, the batteries had not been used for months until I had it charged recently. It was then I found out that my external flash light did not turn green after firing few shot for testing.

    So, I was wondering if it is the batteries lifespan issue.

  5. #5

    Default Re: is my AA battery lifespan dying?

    Quote Originally Posted by josho View Post

    Apparently, the batteries had not been used for months until I had it charged recently. It was then I found out that my external flash light did not turn green after firing few shot for testing.

    So, I was wondering if it is the batteries lifespan issue.
    how long was it between the charging and usage?

  6. #6
    Senior Member josho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jln Teck Whye
    Posts
    2,110

    Default Re: is my AA battery lifespan dying?

    referring the batteries on flash or from charger to flash?

    If you referring on charging from charger to flash, I do not know. I just leave it there until I see done.

  7. #7

    Default Re: is my AA battery lifespan dying?

    meaning, you charged, and then once it was done you loaded it into your flash, and what was described above happened?

    that doesn't seem to be a discharge issue already, more of the battery becoming koyak. or it could be flash (pending confirmation with fresh set of batteries).

  8. #8

    Default Re: is my AA battery lifespan dying?

    If they get charged rather quickly, they are likely to be close to end of lifespan.

  9. #9
    Senior Member josho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jln Teck Whye
    Posts
    2,110

    Default Re: is my AA battery lifespan dying?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    meaning, you charged, and then once it was done you loaded it into your flash, and what was described above happened?

    that doesn't seem to be a discharge issue already, more of the battery becoming koyak. or it could be flash (pending confirmation with fresh set of batteries).
    thanks, that's what i thought so.

    Am going to get eneloop and do a test on my external flash.
    About time to burial my entire batteries.

  10. #10
    Senior Member josho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jln Teck Whye
    Posts
    2,110

    Default Re: is my AA battery lifespan dying?

    Does Challenger sell 12 cells pack for Eneloop batteries?

  11. #11

    Default Re: is my AA battery lifespan dying?

    Quote Originally Posted by josho View Post
    Does Challenger sell 12 cells pack for Eneloop batteries?
    no idea, but you can always call them.

  12. #12

    Default Re: is my AA battery lifespan dying?

    try danielwu888 at mass sales, he delivers 4-8 batteries including loose packs if im not wrong!!!
    7D w/ 70-300mm/50mm1.8/70-200F4L/17-50mm F2.8

  13. #13
    Senior Member josho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jln Teck Whye
    Posts
    2,110

    Default Re: is my AA battery lifespan dying?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    no idea, but you can always call them.
    Thanks dude!
    You seem very active! LOL

    I was browsing and saw someone selling at the same price as outside tho. heh..


    By the way, as not to open another thread.

    Who else is using Transcend CF card? As comparing to Sandisk, which is best to get?

  14. #14

    Default Re: is my AA battery lifespan dying?

    I'm using the same charger as you.
    Try to always use soft charge all the time, unless you need it urgently. and condition them once in a while. that should help maintain your battery's lifespan.

    As for the problem you mentioned, if you charged it then use it, and it happened. most prob the battery is dying already.

    As for your qns on CF card, I used to have a 16GB 133x, no issues with it, but later moved to 2x8GB sandisk, as I didn't need a 16GB card.

  15. #15
    Senior Member josho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jln Teck Whye
    Posts
    2,110

    Default Re: is my AA battery lifespan dying?

    I just bought the eneloop batteries and soft charge it.

    What does it means when your pilot is in Red? Fully charged and ready to fire?
    Last edited by josho; 18th October 2010 at 11:34 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •