View Poll Results: Preferred: iPod Classic; iPad; Laptop; Portable Hard Disk or Others???

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • iPod Classic (320GB)

0 0%
  • iPad (wifi-3G enabled - either 32GB or 64GB)

2 33.33%
  • Laptop

2 33.33%
  • Portable Hard Disk

2 33.33%
  • Others (please specify)

0 0%

Thread: iPod Classic; iPad; Laptop or Portable Hard Disk?

Default iPod Classic; iPad; Laptop or Portable Hard Disk?

My friends are all trying to convince me to get an iPad and I feel otherwise. However, comments they gave, put some thought into my head as to review my 1001 reasons why I shouldn't get an iPad. Hence, would like to have a poll.

Mainly for traveling or even events' photography purpose as a probable storage for your photos. If you can only choose 1 from the above selections, what will it be???
    Last edited by PhotoProZero; 18th October 2010 at 03:14 AM.
    I am IN LOVE with my Camera....
    flickr

Default Re: iPod Classic; iPad; Laptop or Portable Hard Disk?

I dun think a portable harddisk can function on it's own...so ya need a laptop with it, in that case, might as well just get a laptop with sufficient free harddisk space?

I think ipad is decent, small and compact to carry around. Battery life is pretty good too, and power up immediately like the iphone. Cons is you either need a camera kit or eye fi to transfer your files over.

For me, I'm going with the ipad route...but i using the ipad not as a storage, since I dun think I can fill up 2 x 16GB so far, but mainly as a bigger screen for preview my photos when travelling.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberTron88 View Post
    I dun think a portable harddisk can function on it's own...so ya need a laptop with it, in that case, might as well just get a laptop with sufficient free harddisk space?

I think ipad is decent, small and compact to carry around. Battery life is pretty good too, and power up immediately like the iphone. Cons is you either need a camera kit or eye fi to transfer your files over.

For me, I'm going with the ipad route...but i using the ipad not as a storage, since I dun think I can fill up 2 x 16GB so far, but mainly as a bigger screen for preview my photos when travelling.
    1. There are external media drives - basically a harddisk with memory card readers, no need to attach to a laptop.

2. iPad and iPhone have a camera connection kit, but it's SLOOOOOW. and the iPad has very limited storage space.

I'd suggest just buying extra memory cards. They're cheap.
    Alpha

iPad for storage? Nah.

I'd recommend getting a netbook instead.

Get a macbook.
    Be it storage, accessing your photos, photo editting, basic laptop functions, you name it, they have it.

iPad is a big NoNo to me.
    Its like an oversized iPod Touch, too big to bring it out and keep it when your eating, and its too weak at home.(compared to laptop/netbook)

Maybe iPad is the way of life if...
    you have an online portfolio and you have wifi/3g plan, however it can be done simply using a macbook.
    Nikon D90 | N18-105mm | T90mm | SB-600
    My Flickr

I'm not really into iPad..yah, I mean, I own an iPhone; iPod and a Mac, but it doesnt seem compelling enuf to just buy an iPad to store photos. Haha, the amount I spend on an iPad, i can buy another lens to add into my collection!
    I am IN LOVE with my Camera....
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoProZero View Post
    I'm not really into iPad..yah, I mean, I own an iPhone; iPod and a Mac, but it doesnt seem compelling enuf to just buy an iPad to store photos. Haha, the amount I spend on an iPad, i can buy another lens to add into my collection!

yes, itouch, iphone and macbook. no point getting ipad!
    Nikon D90 | N18-105mm | T90mm | SB-600
    My Flickr