Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: shutter speed decays with shutter count?

  1. #1

    Default shutter speed decays with shutter count?

    Hi, i have been using a Nikon D80 for nearly 3 years now, the shutter count is nearing 80,000. Is there something wrong with my camera if it canīt take 3 frames per second when it ages or should i just bring it down to the service centre? also, it canīt start in cold weather, not a problem in singapore but a very irritating one when i go travelling in cooler countries.

  2. #2

    Default Re: shutter speed decays with shutter count?

    Likely a weak battery, old batteries after a number of years of usage will not hold sufficient charge to fire off in top burst, and will also shut down in cold weather. Test that with a buddy's new battery and see if this is the case.

    Unlikely to be due to camera shutter.

  3. #3

    Default Re: shutter speed decays with shutter count?

    Quote Originally Posted by chan0458 View Post
    Hi, i have been using a Nikon D80 for nearly 3 years now, the shutter count is nearing 80,000. Is there something wrong with my camera if it canīt take 3 frames per second when it ages or should i just bring it down to the service centre? also, it canīt start in cold weather, not a problem in singapore but a very irritating one when i go travelling in cooler countries.
    can i ask how you determined that your camera cannot achieve 3 fps?

  4. #4

    Default Re: shutter speed decays with shutter count?

    Quote Originally Posted by chan0458 View Post
    Hi, i have been using a Nikon D80 for nearly 3 years now, the shutter count is nearing 80,000. Is there something wrong with my camera if it canīt take 3 frames per second when it ages or should i just bring it down to the service centre? also, it canīt start in cold weather, not a problem in singapore but a very irritating one when i go travelling in cooler countries.
    You mean, after 3 years has passed, you are worried that the fps would reduce, from 3 fps to 1 fps? And it couldn't stand against cold temperature anymore ?
    NIKON D90 (2008-2010), D700 (2010-2012), D800 (2012-2014), DF (Dec 2013-Sep 2017)

  5. #5

    Default Re: shutter speed decays with shutter count?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff7id View Post
    You mean, after 3 years has passed, you are worried that the fps would reduce, from 3 fps to 1 fps? And it couldn't stand against cold temperature anymore ?
    Jia lat liao, my PSP Slim now 3rd years liao, the game will run slower too .... Just kidding.

  6. #6

    Default Re: shutter speed decays with shutter count?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    can i ask how you determined that your camera cannot achieve 3 fps?
    I don't exactly know how fast it can fire but i can sense that it is slower. like when you take sports photography, you intuitively know you can take the shot with continuous shot and the fast frame rate. Can't seem to do it now.

  7. #7

    Default Re: shutter speed decays with shutter count?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff7id View Post
    You mean, after 3 years has passed, you are worried that the fps would reduce, from 3 fps to 1 fps? And it couldn't stand against cold temperature anymore ?
    I don't worry about it, i have experienced the cold weather shut down in Europe and the fps one ( it feels like it, no concrete proof though)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •