Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: forgettable canon ads..

Quote Originally Posted by shawn
    i was on all the recent canon ads, and i know fer a fact we shot more than what is actually being shown on the tele...
    and in my earlier post stated, the editing din help much at all, as well as the amount of time fer the adverts.
    i do agree it feels like its somewhat unfinished... or like its too fast to get the message across
    when i saw the ad, i was abit shocked
    you were? oh my... rant alert, this is the first time someone has admitted to being involved in the shooting of an ad. (i know, my sister's an advertising director something-or-the-other and she daren't tell me what she's involved in for fear of getting an ear full) anyways, in case you do have some say in the matter, could you please find whoever came up with that 'double ok' ad and slap them over the head please? although i do enjoy the beach volleyball girl ad, i doubt my parents (major canon buyers, btw) liked it. the others (golf and ferrari) well, i don't think showing *more* of a stupid ad is going to make it better.

and yes, the new nikon d70 ads look cool and all, except for when they associate the d70 to a horse fawn that can hardly stand compared the stallion that is the d2h. nikon has made some crap ads before, remember the skateboarder-themed coolpix ads? very uncool. those ads are what drove me to buy sony.

The most important thing in an ad is that people talk about it and they remember. That is the purpose. It works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by dementate
    and yes, the new nikon d70 ads look cool and all, except for when they associate the d70 to a horse fawn that can hardly stand compared the stallion that is the d2h. nikon has made some crap ads before, remember the skateboarder-themed coolpix ads? very uncool. those ads are what drove me to buy sony.
    No offence, but you buy a camera for status or for shooting photos?

I thought the Nikon D70 ad was well done, targeting people WHO KNOW NIKON'S PREVIOUS OFFERINGS. Non Nikon DSLR users would never know the significance of a D2H being shown as part of the advertisment.

And the Canon TV ads are...well...simply serves to inform the general consumer that such a camera exists as part of their offering--no real effort put into making an impression. But remember, advertisting CAMPAIGNS are not solely restricted to TV ads...I thought their bus shelter posters for the ProS1 was good.

Quote Originally Posted by dementate
    nikon has made some crap ads before, remember the skateboarder-themed coolpix ads? very uncool. those ads are what drove me to buy sony.
    lol... i find it a bit funny to decide on the camera based on the advertisement..

bad ad doesnt equal bad camera
    get a bad camera, its the R&D head we shld hang
    get a bad advertisement, its the marketing head we shld hang

Quote Originally Posted by wilis128
    lol... i find it a bit funny to decide on the camera based on the advertisement..

bad ad doesnt equal bad camera
    get a bad camera, its the R&D head we shld hang
    get a bad advertisement, its the marketing head we shld hang
    wasn't funny for me, having to look at that coolpix cam rotating and floating around the screen while waiting for voyager to start annoyed me enough to not want anything to do with them

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12