Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: forgettable canon ads..

Default forgettable canon ads..

Any comments about the recent canon camera adverts? Quite distasteful in my opinion...and did exactly opposite of what advertisements are supposed to do.

huh which one ? any descriptions? i dun remember there's any canon ads going on ... :P

eh? got one with the ferrari and a woman one? surely you cannot miss...

all the recent canon ads on the tv are very badly done, i din;t like any of them, the double ok shots, golf one, very low standards

Quote Originally Posted by Belle&Sebastain
    all the recent canon ads on the tv are very badly done, i din;t like any of them, the double ok shots, golf one, very low standards
    Agree agree. The ads look very homemade. Esp the golf and the double-Ok ones. I think Nikon ads are more memorable as they like to use animals/insects (horse for D70, butterfly for coolpix) though both Canon and Nikon don't score very high on creativity for their ads. Like the Sony one (camera for everyone).

Jason H0
    Guests

any ads that attack the attraction is a good ads.

Quote Originally Posted by laugh
    Any comments about the recent canon camera adverts? Quite distasteful in my opinion...and did exactly opposite of what advertisements are supposed to do.

"Papa, please take a video of me."
    "OK"
    "Papa, please take a picture of me."
    "OK"

Quote Originally Posted by Jason H0
    hmmmm...you seriously think so?

Well you people are talking about it already aren't you? To a certain extend, that's successful be it good or bad. It made people remember. That's what ads are suppose to do.

Off the shoulder of Orion, near the Tannhauser gate

Quote Originally Posted by Jason H0
    Yes, this is an overly used maxim of advertising, but if I remember my marketing classes, you also have to take into consideration your target audience. Since these cheapo looking ads are hawking consumer level products, mission accomplished, I guess. But if we like to consider more "sophisticated" consumers (as I am sure all my fellow distinguished ClubSnappers would like to consider ourselves... ) this ad does not work - you remeber it for the wrong reasons. Makes me glad I use Nikon..... Kidding only, please don't flame.
    Last edited by RSU; 6th June 2004 at 10:40 PM.

nikon ads are better den canon ads now adays........ nikon ads got the link between cameras and ads. but canon... i dont see any links.
    "I want to have the best camera in the world and shoot XMMs."

Quote Originally Posted by Kit
    Well you people are talking about it already aren't you? To a certain extend, that's successful be it good or bad. It made people remember. That's what ads are suppose to do.
    its as good as saying famous and infamous is the same thing..

Maybe canon ads are trying to tell us to capture the greatest moment and print in out. If you watch the ad about the lady playing the volleyball carefully, when is the "greatest" moment? When her bra came off right?

The purpose of advertising is to remember the brand name. An extremely poor and good advertising usually make people remembers the brand. See, the poser now remembers Canon. How many people really remembers Nikon from advertising? i don't, can also ask people who do not know photography. That's what i call 'poor' advertising.

Good ads cost $.
    Hope nikon don't pass the costs to consumers.

I dont quite agree that the Canon advertisements are low class.
    It depends on the target consumers that they are trying to reach.
    Not everyone (especially the end users) know what Nikon's horse advertisement is trying to get across. Canon is trying to promote their Powershot series where Nikon is promoting the DSLR cameras. I just cant compare both advert, do remember Canon advertisements are base on Local context (if i am not wrong). Canon is bring across the great performance, accuracy etc ....

As long as a commercial bring across the message clearly, it does not matter how expensive or cheap the commercial really cost.

Quote Originally Posted by shawn
    would like to know how is it distasteful? in what aspects
    When you see an ad, you will know whether its a good or bad one. Its almost as if the advert was shot just becasue they had a budget to burn before the FY closes..
    The double ok advert is still alright in my opinion, but what I cannot tahan are the golf and ferrari ads. They are better of as posters.

Or maybe im just not their target audience.

i like all canon ads =)

Quote Originally Posted by laugh
    its as good as saying famous and infamous is the same thing..
    Yes, they have something in common. As mentioned before, people remember them and talk about them, good or bad. To some advertisers, the goal has been achieved.

'canon double O.K.!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast