Thread: Trip to Nepal

Talking Trip to Nepal

Hi, I would be making a 14day trip to Nepal. Any suggestions on the type of lens I should bring from my inventory? As well as any comments on the place? Also I would like to ask if it would be wise of me to bring a Nikon 200-400 F4 VR lens there?

My equipment listing below is outdated. Items include - Nikon D300, MBD10, 17-55 2.8, 11-16 2.8, 70-200 2.8 VR, 10.5 2.8 FE, 50 1.8, 35 2, 200-400 VR.
    |D300|MB-D10|N70-200F2.8VR|T17-50F2.8|T11-16 F2.8 | N50F1.8|N10.5F2.8 FE|SB800|

Default Re: Trip to Nepal

Depends on which part of Nepal U going to.
    If U are visiting those national parks, u might be able to see lotsa nice birds flying in group, or in pairs.
    I ever saw 2 eagles, flying together, 1 top, 1 below. very nice.
    But those days, only uses Compact, not fast enough to capture what I see. So all those scene are still in my memory ; )

If tracking in the mountains, U strong, then good to bring as well. The mountains are so beautiful.

Night sky in Nepal are superb. Especially in the mountains, you are so many thousand meter nearer to the stars.

I went there last year with only a 10-22mm & a 28-135mm, sufficient for me.

As for places, you can check out my write-up about my trip here. There are lots of photography opportunities there, and only your imagination is the limit.

Enjoy your trip.
    Come visit my blog

Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    I went there last year with only a 10-22mm & a 28-135mm, sufficient for me.

As for places, you can check out my write-up about my trip here. There are lots of photography opportunities there, and only your imagination is the limit.

Enjoy your trip.
    Wow.. great blog with lotsa info.. ; )
    I so miss Nepal...
    I went twice in December and all miss the snow fall. Was told that snow fall was late for both year I went. Else most of the time, early December, Base camp track will be white out.

i miss nepal too! i was there in april this year... brought only a nikon film fe2 + 24mm + 105mm lens. U can bring all the equipment u like but at the end of the day if ur carrying it (i was) it'll be good to travel light. I brought my tripod and sometimes i wish i could throw it down the mountain hehe. I suggest 1 wide, 1 telephoto and ur set to go bro!

Namaste! Nepal was fantastic!

Was there in this June.. Did a 4-day trek Nayapul/Ghorepani/Ghandruk loop, then went on to Chitwan National Park for wildlife before returning to Kathmandu..

Your load-out would depend on what's your itinerary.. Our's was mountain-trek followed by wildlife safari so basically everything went along, ie: 1 dSLR, 17-35, 100-400, 50/1.4, 28-75/2.8, backup film cam, tripod, the works.. Darn hard work trekking up and down, fortunately our main packs were with porterage..

Dun forget your trekking kit yah? Walking pole, hat/cap, warm clothing, water purifying kit etc..

Take care! and Enjoy!
    Canon 30D 100-400mm L IS|Tamron 17-35mm/f2.8-4,28-75mm/f2.8|Cosina Voigtlander Bessa-R 35mm/f2.5C

Hey guys, hope you can share some feedback - is it relatively safe for a single female to travel in Nepal alone?

Quote Originally Posted by saurtan View Post
    Hey guys, hope you can share some feedback - is it relatively safe for a single female to travel in Nepal alone?
    I am a guy so can't be 100% sure. I met a girl from Hong Kong and she traveled alone in Nepal. When she was in Kathmandu, she met a strike. No car was allowed in the streets so she walked around to all the places of interest herself. Then she hired a guide and did the trekking to Poon Hill and back to Pokhara. So far so good, no complaints from her.
    Come visit my blog

Quote Originally Posted by saurtan View Post
    I did saw Quite a number of ladies went alone when I was there..
    Open My Eyes That I May See Wonderful Things In Your Law - Psalms 119:18
    Through My Len

hey guys, seems like many of you are travelling alone to nepal (or have met others doing so)? is it safe to do so? and usually what's the cost of a single person travelling solo to nepal?

Quote Originally Posted by CPhotography View Post
    hey guys, seems like many of you are travelling alone to nepal (or have met others doing so)? is it safe to do so? and usually what's the cost of a single person travelling solo to nepal?
    Actually, it depends on your comfort level and the activities you do there.

If you are fine with a no-frills guesthouse with shared bathroom facilitates and stay away from expensive tourists eating places, $30 sgd per day is more than sufficient.