Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38111213
Results 241 to 245 of 245

Thread: Hands-on with Pentax K-5 :)

  1. #241

    Default Re: Hands-on with K-5 :)

    DXO mark for K-5 is out

    Overall Score - 82
    Dynamic range - 14.1
    Sports ISO - 1162

    Compared full frame
    K-5 - 82
    D700 - 80
    5DII - 79

    Granted, both full frame cameras above are about two years old, but its very nice to have this kind of performance level from an APS-C camera.

  2. #242

    Default Re: Hands-on with K-5 :)

    Quote Originally Posted by CorneliusK View Post
    DXO mark for K-5 is out

    Overall Score - 82
    Dynamic range - 14.1
    Sports ISO - 1162

    Compared full frame
    K-5 - 82
    D700 - 80
    5DII - 79

    Granted, both full frame cameras above are about two years old, but its very nice to have this kind of performance level from an APS-C camera.
    Ah! looks like you beat me to this


    Great news!


    VS FF

    http://dxomark.com/index.php/en/Came...and3%29/Pentax

    VS COMPETITORS
    http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/en/...and3%29/Pentax

    A whooping score of 82!



    Frankly, I one of those who don't read too much into DXO scores, but for those who do. Its an unprecedented score on an APS-C.
    Last edited by pinholecam; 6th November 2010 at 06:43 AM.

  3. #243

    Default Re: Hands-on with K-5 :)

    Quote Originally Posted by CorneliusK View Post
    DXO mark for K-5 is out

    Overall Score - 82
    Dynamic range - 14.1
    Sports ISO - 1162

    Compared full frame
    K-5 - 82
    D700 - 80
    5DII - 79

    Granted, both full frame cameras above are about two years old, but its very nice to have this kind of performance level from an APS-C camera.
    That's amazing, isn't it?

    I knew the new K5 is good, but I didn't expect it'd do so well against the bigger guys.

  4. #244

    Default Re: Hands-on with K-5 :)

    Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    That's amazing, isn't it?

    I knew the new K5 is good, but I didn't expect it'd do so well against the bigger guys.
    yes, especially for DR.

    who would have thought?

    that said, i don't really trust DXOmark scores still, especially since they are listing K-r as 12 fps.

    waiting for more DR tests, maybe i'll get the k-5 next year.
    Last edited by night86mare; 6th November 2010 at 11:01 AM.

  5. #245

    Default Re: Hands-on with K-5 :)

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    yes, especially for DR.

    who would have thought?

    that said, i don't really trust DXOmark scores still, especially since they are listing K-r as 12 fps.

    waiting for more DR tests, maybe i'll get the k-5 next year.
    It is a great camera, trust me. On the outside it looks almost exactly the same as the K7, but inside they are very different. I'm sure you can take even better photos w/ the extra mileage the K5 can offer over your Kr

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38111213

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •