Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2338434647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread V

Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread V

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFields View Post
    it's all about end users satisfaction.. and intel has already a very strong positioning in consumers mind already.. tough for AMD to turn it over..
    Add something in. Branding as well. Give you a Sony Bravia and a Toshiba TV, which would you take? Both same technical specs such as refresh rate and aspect ratio.
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    That is why I'm moving away from the technical details of a PC / laptop breakdown... I did that years ago working for a computer shop assembling PCs - had enough of that! Of course at times I still know to remove the battery on the motherboard to reset everything (when everything elses fails)...
    me too.. there are so much things to do if one wants to go deep into the world of computers and related stuffs.. nowadays i only briefly update myself with what's going on in the market.. like what new parts are coming out or is there any promo going on..

that's like the ultimate way.. most of the ppl will definitely recommend to reset bios (one way is to remove the mobo batteries like u said) first when troubles cropped up..

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    Never underestimate the power of RAM. My Acer laptop last time took about 5 mins+ to start up and about 10-15 mins to shut down. After upgrading the RAM from 512MB to 2GB, wah!! Drastic difference!! And 1GB of DDR2 RAM costs only about $30! But of course, your hard disk space must also be able to tahan ah.
    I never did! In fact, I am waiting for the chance to up my current 2GB to maybe 4 to 6! Or whatever open banks are left on the MB...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Add something in. Branding as well. Give you a Sony Bravia and a Toshiba TV, which would you take? Both same technical specs such as refresh rate and aspect ratio.
    Neither, I'd go for Philips...

Neither, I'd go for Philips...
    Vote for Korean brand either Samsung or LG..
    雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS
    5D3 + Luxury Lenses|Hope To Make Someone Happy By Showing My Pictures|

I never did! In fact, I am waiting for the chance to up my current 2GB to maybe 4 to 6! Or whatever open banks are left on the MB...
    Bro why must wait for chance? Quote of Nike's slogan:"Just Do It"! Haha. I forgot about the warranty issues of OEM CPUs already, seeing as I've been using DIY desktops for some time. But my current desktop is FOC from Starhub. A Lenovo desktop. Pretty cool, as the monitor is connected to the CPU, as in it cannot be detached. The CPU is also the stand for the 21.5 inch LED monitor, with Bluetooth keyboard and mouse.
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

Oh, Iomega has started with the first of their SSDs already I can't wait for everyone else to do the same!
    hmmm.. Iomega i am not very sure.. but there are a lot of capable brands out there producing SSD.. e.g. Intel, OCZ, Corsair etc etc... am currently using an Intel SSD.. shiok! no regrets although pocket one hole...

Well even if I wanted to switch over, I doubt HP will give me that call...
    no worries, i help u sms them..
    that's what i am talking about.. positioning of a market brand in consumers' mind.. Intel one is soooooo powerful..

MTL! fill up all the dimm slots with 2GB CL7 sticks..

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobs View Post
    samsung's design never fail attracts me.. haha..

Btw, I don't know what's your practice but I'd always install primary software (Photoshop, etc etc) on the main PC hard-disk and the data types (like images and personal/work files) on a secondary USB drives. I'd like to free up the main drive as much as possible. This way no need to do much housekeeping on the main drives - coz lesser files to handle and to defrag... Paging performance would also be free from compromise...

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobs View Post
    I would go for Sharp. Now they are the only company whose TVs have RGB+Y. OMG! Brilliant colours!

I got my TV cause of last year's IT fair. Bought a PS3 as well. Lol. But the TV came with a free Home Theatre System, so quite worth it. Only fault is tt it can't play BluRay discs, but oh well, I have my PS3! so all's fine!

Sian sia. Just now when with my friends to KFC, watched them eat their cheese fries and 2 piece meal while I drink my Pepsi Light. They were shocked by the swelling of my face.

Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    I'm having some trouble keeping up at the rate you guys chat and my workload.
    Anyway.. Its just a bit slower than SB 900. I can say its well worth the money to buy if especially if you are seriously on budget and you need 2 flash guns.

Whether the flash recycle fast a not. One of the thing is your battery type and how much you have used. at 100% of the battery life, you can flash all you wan but remember as the battery life reduce , the recycle takes a little longer.
    It cost $370 for DI 866 currently if i'm not wrong for now i guess. Not sure about the market rate. Did i miss out anything here? I will try to answer them as much as I can. =X
    Thanks for the insight. This just affirm my stance....
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

hehehe all the PC talk is moving the post count steadily towards 1000

I'm not complaining, don't worry
    It's funny how some of my friends ask me for PC advice like I'm the resident guru, but reading your posts I feel like a dinosaur

MTL! fill up all the dimm slots with 2GB CL7 sticks..
    Well I have to double check with HP first... Skylover just warned that Challenger salesman maybe bull-crapping on me... If its true and I can add - I will - MTL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    Thanks for the insight. This just affirm my stance....
    MTL!!!! BBBB!!!!

I would go for Sharp. Now they are the only company whose TVs have RGB+Y. OMG! Brilliant colours!

I got my TV cause of last year's IT fair. Bought a PS3 as well. Lol. But the TV came with a free Home Theatre System, so quite worth it. Only fault is tt it can't play BluRay discs, but oh well, I have my PS3! so all's fine!

Sian sia. Just now when with my friends to KFC, watched them eat their cheese fries and 2 piece meal while I drink my Pepsi Light. They were shocked by the swelling of my face.
    ME too... I got my TV through IT fair... Philips 42 inch! HDTV for only 1500 when everywhere else was selling like 2200 to 2500 for the same model!

This is what I'd encourage... get TVs through IT fair but not DSLRs... LOLZ!

MTL!!!! BBBB!!!!
    holy!!! I just step on my own foot....

Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    holy!!! I just step on my own foot....
    TWICE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    hehehe all the PC talk is moving the post count steadily towards 1000

I'm not complaining, don't worry
    It's funny how some of my friends ask me for PC advice like I'm the resident guru, but reading your posts I feel like a dinosaur
    haha.. no worries man.. i'm only at the tip of the iceberg.. there's always room for improvement as well as room for us to learn from each..

Sian sia. Just now when with my friends to KFC, watched them eat their cheese fries and 2 piece meal while I drink my Pepsi Light. They were shocked by the swelling of my face..
    hmmm.. at the same time use the ice cubes to bring down the swelling? and i think it's first time they see u so cute from the swelling la..

Btw, I don't know what's your practice but I'd always install primary software (Photoshop, etc etc) on the main PC hard-disk and the data types (like images and personal/work files) on a secondary USB drives. I'd like to free up the main drive as much as possible. This way no need to do much housekeeping on the main drives - coz lesser files to handle and to defrag... Paging performance would also be free from compromise...
    quite similar actually, for me i will install all the softwares and applications to the drive where my OS is installed.. so images/music files/documents/video files will be kept in another hdd which i use as storage device..

ME too... I got my TV through IT fair... Philips 42 inch! HDTV for only 1500 when everywhere else was selling like 2200 to 2500 for the same model!

This is what I'd encourage... get TVs through IT fair but not DSLRs... LOLZ!
    just last weekend I saw somewhere in bishan junction 8 selling a samsung 42" LED tv for around $1699

samsung's design never fail attracts me.. haha..
    LOL! I always skip Samsung or LG... I know I'm not being fair...Samsung actually as a great line of LED TVs... but dunno leh... can't make me take out my $$$ for them leh... Brand prejudice I'm afraid...

Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2338434647484950 ... LastLast