Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2237424546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread V

Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread V

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    My recently acquired i3 isn't any bench mark by any chance...but I gather by the time I need to replace it few years down the line, Intel would have a whole new range of whacky named processors by then... and then I'll go "huh??..." once again like I did with i3...
    hahha.. my advice would be.. think what you need to do with the desktop or laptop. High end pcs are meant to be overused everyday as its built to tahan the massive multitasking you need to do. If you don't really do multitasking like photoshop, gaming like Starcraft etc then normal built pc will do liao... I3 in my point of view is more than enough for you la.. no need go any further. It can last you at least another 5yrs.
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFields View Post
    wanted to get hold of the show.. keep forgetting.. should really set a reminder on my phone.. :x
    Fringe very good too!! These nights all worth the watching and recording on TV... I don't even need cable - enough for my fill!
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    hahha.. my advice would be.. think what you need to do with the desktop or laptop. High end pcs are meant to be overused everyday as its built to tahan the massive multitasking you need to do. If you don't really do multitasking like photoshop, gaming like Starcraft etc then normal built pc will do liao... I3 in my point of view is more than enough for you la.. no need go any further. It can last you at least another 5yrs.
    I do Photoshop, Illustrator, Freehand (yes I'm still on FH) and Dreamweaver everyday... game wise - no time - but I might be tempted when the time is right...

I do Photoshop, Illustrator, Freehand (yes I'm still on FH) and Dreamweaver everyday... game wise - no time - but I might be tempted when the time is right...
    i5 processor is good enough for CS5 pp work..
    雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS
    5D3 + Luxury Lenses|Hope To Make Someone Happy By Showing My Pictures|

Fringe very good too!! These nights all worth the watching and recording on TV... I don't even need cable - enough for my fill!
    yup... fringe is on my list too.. seeing how they put our daily superpower fantasies into reality really kind of glued me to the show..

when can we jump across universes and time travel!

all talking about INTEL.. give AMD a chance man!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobs View Post
    i5 processor is good enough for CS5 pp work..
    I think i3 is already good enough...just tried it yesterday... The thing is, must have enough video ram for graphic work...

all talking about INTEL.. give AMD a chance man!
    Dunno man... I have a HP laptop on AMD chip...boy does it freeze up from time to time!

Heck, even some of the Compaq laptops are moving away from AMDs... Latest were fitted with Intels...

Since the heydays of PCs...AMDs have always played second fiddle to Intels... I'm talking about 1990 onwards...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 21st October 2010 at 10:18 PM.

I think i3 is already good enough...just tried it yesterday... The thing is, must have enough video ram for graphic work...
    hmmm.. video ram as in the ram of the graphics card? iirc, it only helps u that much in pp work.. it is more of use when using higher resolution monitor or multiple monitor set ups.. most of the pp work is handled by the processor..

Not debunking the fact that AMD can excel past Intel in terms of speed... Probably overclocker's fav? But stability wise.. I'll put my $$$ on Intel... I want my daily work - as freeze-less as possible...

Dunno man... I have a HP laptop on AMD chip...boy does it freeze up from time to time!

Heck, even some of the Compaq laptops are moving away from AMDs... Latest were fitted with Intels...

Since the heydays of PCs...AMDs have always played second fiddle to Intels... I'm talking about 1990 onwards...
    hmmm.. AMD has improve alot i must say.. laptop wise i am not sure.. if one is on a budget and wants performance.. amd is the way to go.. BANG FOR BUCKS!

i jumped ship from intel to amd.. so far happy with its performance.. using AMD 1090t..

hmmm.. video ram as in the ram of the graphics card? iirc, it only helps u that much in pp work.. it is more of use when using higher resolution monitor or multiple monitor set ups.. most of the pp work is handled by the processor..
    It is not just video ram, but mainboard ram as well... But Video ram should also speed up screen refresh rates - much needed when you move heavy objects around a large screen... hate it when it becomes really choppy... Processor of course helps big time, but i3 can already do well do not really need i5 or higher...

Not debunking the fact that AMD can excel past Intel in terms of speed... Probably overclocker's fav? But stability wise.. I'll put my $$$ on Intel... I want my daily work - as freeze-less as possible...
    no worries.. we are exchanging views.. and learn from each other at the same time also ma..

and i do believe that freezing/hanging of the computer involves far too many factors.. rams, hdd, os stability issues must be taken into account too..

hmmm.. AMD has improve alot i must say.. laptop wise i am not sure.. if one is on a budget and wants performance.. amd is the way to go.. BANG FOR BUCKS!

i jumped ship from intel to amd.. so far happy with its performance.. using AMD 1090t..
    Oh well, I may be outdated in terms of these info... but until Intel fails me big time or HP decides to completely switch camp to AMD I'd just have to go along with whatever's provided...

It is not just video ram, but mainboard ram as well... But Video ram should also speed up screen refresh rates - much needed when you move heavy objects around a large screen... hate it when it becomes really choppy... Processor of course helps big time, but i3 can already do well do not really need i5 or higher...
    i agree i3 can already do well.. but the real bottleneck to the speed of one computer is actually the storage device..

throw in a SSD and u can see your computer FLY!

Never underestimate the power of RAM. My Acer laptop last time took about 5 mins+ to start up and about 10-15 mins to shut down. After upgrading the RAM from 512MB to 2GB, wah!! Drastic difference!! And 1GB of DDR2 RAM costs only about $30! But of course, your hard disk space must also be able to tahan ah.
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

no worries.. we are exchanging views.. and learn from each other at the same time also ma..

and i do believe that freezing/hanging of the computer involves far too many factors.. rams, hdd, os stability issues must be taken into account too..
    That is why I'm moving away from the technical details of a PC / laptop breakdown... I did that years ago working for a computer shop assembling PCs - had enough of that! Of course at times I still know to remove the battery on the motherboard to reset everything (when everything elses fails)...

Oh well, I may be outdated in terms of these info... but until Intel fails me big time or HP decides to completely switch camp to AMD I'd just have to go along with whatever's provided...
    it's all about end users satisfaction.. and intel has already a very strong positioning in consumers mind already.. tough for AMD to turn it over..

i agree i3 can already do well.. but the real bottleneck to the speed of one computer is actually the storage device..

throw in a SSD and u can see your computer FLY!
    Oh, Iomega has started with the first of their SSDs already I can't wait for everyone else to do the same!

it's all about end users satisfaction.. and intel has already a very strong positioning in consumers mind already.. tough for AMD to turn it over..
    Well even if I wanted to switch over, I doubt HP will give me that call...

Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2237424546474849 ... LastLast