Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9141718192021242944 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 1005

Thread: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread V

  1. #361
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread V

    Quote Originally Posted by weegk View Post
    1. Find a dead one.
    2. Hang using a string.
    3. Compose with your camera on TRIPOD.
    4. Do a bit of PP for the wings.

    Remember to remove the "X X" sign from its eyes hor (being a dead bee)...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  2. #362

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread V

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Oh really?
    Last weekend I went to CLARKE QUAY for sunrise. It's like.... right above Clarke Quay MRT.... you call that remote?

    Bottle Tree Park also close to Khatib MRT wat....

    What you expecting? Your office, perhaps?
    aiyoh !!!! im not saying CLARKE QUAY kinda area k...of cause its places like what hort park, what changi beach, kranji blah blah blah... can all these places be reach by public transport??

    my office is located in a hot venue for phototaking.... =)
    follow me on twitter @wabuaysong

  3. #363
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,701

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread V

    Quote Originally Posted by walk13 View Post
    aiyoh !!!! im not saying CLARKE QUAY kinda area k...of cause its places like what hort park, what changi beach, kranji blah blah blah... can all these places be reach by public transport??

    my office is located in a hot venue for phototaking.... =)
    the places above can be reached by public transport . . .
    Hort Park, Changi Beach, Henderson Bridge and Kranji too . . . no problem to be reached by public transport and a little bit of walking.

    By the way, where is your office ?
    Shot more cos digital is FREE !!!

  4. #364
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,701

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread V

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Remember to remove the "X X" sign from its eyes hor (being a dead bee)...
    Oh . . . noted.

    And the legs need to do a bit of positioning too. Else it is like hovering in the air.
    Shot more cos digital is FREE !!!

  5. #365

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread V

    of course they are reachable via public transport. If no bus services the areas, a cab is also counted as a public transport...
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

  6. #366
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread V

    Woooohoooo! FIRST SSD drive in the market soon! IOMEGA leads the crowd!.... pretty soon no more worries about disc versions!
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  7. #367
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread V

    I dig up the post again...

    Quote Originally Posted by walk13 View Post
    awww. i know i come in again from no where...
    but juz curious... i was browsing the outing thread and realise the places ur go for shooting is mostly quite remote... ermm does everyone drives or ur take public transport?

    wonder will anyone organise photo editing class??? keekee.....
    let's see.... recently we went to:
    a) Clarke Quay
    b) Esplanade waterfront
    c) Merlion Park
    d) Bottle Tree Park

    Since when we went to Hort Park? and Hort Park is like... right beside Alexandra Road lor... where got remote?
    If you bothered to read the first post of the Changi outing thread, I mentioned that some people have politely asked if there was any venue in the east. Since I work in the east, I think Changi is a very convenient location.

    You want Orchard, you organize an Orchard outing lor...

  8. #368
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread V

    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFields View Post
    is the slide rail the one whereb there is a knob for u to turn which results in the camera inching forward?
    iirc, i read that in some photog mag before..
    yeah... you mount the camera to this rail thingy... then the rail thingy is mounted onto the tripod.
    You turn the hand-screw 1 turn and the camera moves forward/backward like...... 0.5mm
    super-precise....
    After trying out NNB's 200micro f/4, I can see why this rail is needed. The hand muscle twitch a bit only the 10c coin OOF
    Exploring! :)

  9. #369

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread V

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    yeah... you mount the camera to this rail thingy... then the rail thingy is mounted onto the tripod.
    You turn the hand-screw 1 turn and the camera moves forward/backward like...... 0.5mm
    super-precise....
    After trying out NNB's 200micro f/4, I can see why this rail is needed. The hand muscle twitch a bit only the 10c coin OOF
    I understand tt it's precise, but I didn't know it was so precise...
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

  10. #370
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread V

    Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    I understand tt it's precise, but I didn't know it was so precise...
    yeah, it's all in the pitch of the screw thread on the rail.

    But as an engineer, I worry if the fine pitch and the soft material (brass alloy) can withstand the rigours of outdoor use.
    One knock only, the thread damage, siao liao... cannot turn freely.
    Exploring! :)

  11. #371
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread V

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    yeah, it's all in the pitch of the screw thread on the rail.

    But as an engineer, I worry if the fine pitch and the soft material (brass alloy) can withstand the rigours of outdoor use.
    One knock only, the thread damage, siao liao... cannot turn freely.
    Anybody wants a TCSS/makan session before the studio thingy?
    I remember Smiles mentioning it.

    If you guys wanna try out the T.Payoh Zi Cha, best to avoid Wednesdays, coz they are off on alternate wednesdays. Hard to calculate.
    I discuss with Smiles (w swollen cheeks) and JZ tomorrow. Perhaps early Nov?
    Exploring! :)

  12. #372
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread V

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post


    oh my gosh... too much 'Brokeback Mountain' here...
    DD123 will try to come, but depends on transport arrangements. He said he won't be driving.
    Never mind, you bring your ND110.... I help you to "break it in" ....!
    Bros, I am sad to inform that I will not be able to make it there in the evening. I have to be present for the UAT at my dad's office for the new software from 1 till 5:30pm.

    Smiles, I can pass you the ring today if you want. tell me where. I am going downtown to bugis area in the afternoon.

  13. #373
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread V

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Anybody wants a TCSS/makan session before the studio thingy?
    I remember Smiles mentioning it.

    If you guys wanna try out the T.Payoh Zi Cha, best to avoid Wednesdays, coz they are off on alternate wednesdays. Hard to calculate.
    I discuss with Smiles (w swollen cheeks) and JZ tomorrow. Perhaps early Nov?
    I don't mind a zichar session

  14. #374

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread V

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Bros, I am sad to inform that I will not be able to make it there in the evening. I have to be present for the UAT at my dad's office for the new software from 1 till 5:30pm.

    Smiles, I can pass you the ring today if you want. tell me where. I am going downtown to bugis area in the afternoon.
    I will be at The Adelphi and Funan at about 4 today. Or you want to set a place and time?
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

  15. #375

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread V

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    yeah, it's all in the pitch of the screw thread on the rail.

    But as an engineer, I worry if the fine pitch and the soft material (brass alloy) can withstand the rigours of outdoor use.
    One knock only, the thread damage, siao liao... cannot turn freely.
    I remember brass being a pretty soft metal. Alloy should be a bit better. But I wonder, how long can the metal last if it's only used for macros, without any accidents.

    BTW, let's say, a small tiny piece of stone of sand gets stuck at the threading, how? If the user doesn't know it and continues to screw the rail(no pun intended. Let's keep it clean).
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

  16. #376

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread V

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    I dig up the post again...



    let's see.... recently we went to:
    a) Clarke Quay
    b) Esplanade waterfront
    c) Merlion Park
    d) Bottle Tree Park

    Since when we went to Hort Park? and Hort Park is like... right beside Alexandra Road lor... where got remote?
    If you bothered to read the first post of the Changi outing thread, I mentioned that some people have politely asked if there was any venue in the east. Since I work in the east, I think Changi is a very convenient location.

    You want Orchard, you organize an Orchard outing lor...
    hmm okie thanks everyone for killing my curiosity. i juz came back to spore and im more to town area so hort park and etc area seems "far" and "remote" to me...
    will check it out one day..
    thanks again =)
    follow me on twitter @wabuaysong

  17. #377
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,701

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread V

    welcome back to Singapore . . .

    Zerocoolastra is organising a photo shot at Changi Broadway . . . can we still join ?
    (FULL House)
    Shot more cos digital is FREE !!!

  18. #378
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread V

    Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    I will be at The Adelphi and Funan at about 4 today. Or you want to set a place and time?
    Bro I will be at the Kwan-Im temple area, near OG at around 2-4pm. call me. You have my number right?

  19. #379
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread V

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Anybody wants a TCSS/makan session before the studio thingy?
    I remember Smiles mentioning it.

    If you guys wanna try out the T.Payoh Zi Cha, best to avoid Wednesdays, coz they are off on alternate wednesdays. Hard to calculate.
    I discuss with Smiles (w swollen cheeks) and JZ tomorrow. Perhaps early Nov?
    Swee.. i m on.. Zichar~! bt i nt bringing my lightstand and softbox i tell u first hor
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  20. #380
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,701

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread V

    Daredevil . . .

    you have any recommendation for home studio lightings ?
    Shot more cos digital is FREE !!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •