Thread: Sturdy travel tripod suggestion please.

Default Sturdy travel tripod suggestion please.

Hi All.

For traveling, I'm looking for a quality sturdy mount for my camera.
    Something with enough weight capacity to easily hold a mid-size DSLR and a 300mm F/2.8 lens. Can also stay steady for long exposure telephoto shots. I think a 7kg (capacity) mount should be enough (?)
    I'll also be getting a gear type head for super-fine control.

I know of some large tripods (12kg) that I know will work fine, but they are too heavy/bulky to travel with.

I already have a super-cheap $20 tripod. The lens will just break off, so I've been using a telescope type mount lately.

Ok, thanks!

Default Re: Sturdy travel tripod suggestion please.

Quote Originally Posted by enewmen View Post
    Hi All.

For traveling, I'm looking for a quality sturdy mount for my camera.
    Something with enough weight capacity to easily hold a mid-size DSLR and a 300mm F/2.8 lens. Can also stay steady for long exposure telephoto shots. I think a 7kg (capacity) mount should be enough (?)
    I'll also be getting a gear type head for super-fine control.

I know of some large tripods (12kg) that I know will work fine, but they are too heavy/bulky to travel with.

I already have a super-cheap $20 tripod. The lens will just break off, so I've been using a telescope type mount lately.

Ok, thanks!
    I used Benro Travel Angel but seem like they have discontinue this model . You can check on their website to have a better idea http://english.benro.cn/default.aspx and you can find their Singapore distributor on the website.

Travel Angel is very light but not cheap and come with different ball head to suit your camera weight. However, remember to factor in extra weight for your future upgrading when considering your ball head.

Quote Originally Posted by albertsim View Post
    I used Benro Travel Angel but seem like they have discontinue this model . You can check on their website to have a better idea http://english.benro.cn/default.aspx and you can find their Singapore distributor on the website.

Travel Angel is very light but not cheap and come with different ball head to suit your camera weight. However, remember to factor in extra weight for your future upgrading when considering your ball head.

Travel tripods are good in portability but definitely not as sturdy as those wif fewer leg sections. But since you require a travel tripod i guess this should be fine.

However, (if im not wrong) benro tripods only uses their own ball heads which can be quite a nuisance esp if you wish to upgrade to other brand ball heads like markins later on...

And since they may be discontinued...mayb you should take a look at sirui...
    heard that they are good value for money tripods

My 2 cents

i jus ordered a travel tripod from korea, brand is horusbennu. it's quite popular at there.

the whole thing seems gd @ ebay, will c if i can give some reviews on it aft speedpost redeilver to me

Quote Originally Posted by jeffchanjj View Post
    Travel tripods are good in portability but definitely not as sturdy as those wif fewer leg sections. But since you require a travel tripod i guess this should be fine.

However, (if im not wrong) benro tripods only uses their own ball heads which can be quite a nuisance esp if you wish to upgrade to other brand ball heads like markins later on...

And since they may be discontinued...mayb you should take a look at sirui...
    heard that they are good value for money tripods

My 2 cents
    sirui one sell out very fast. tht's y i no choice but gotta order in the horusbennu

It sounds like I should look for a carbon material tripod.
    Then seem to be lighter and more stable. (?)