Thread: Any CSer had booked with this online agent before ?

Default Any CSer had booked with this online agent before ?

www.deal.com.sg

A night's room cost is about the same as per some other online agent charge per pax per night on twin sharing basis.. . That's a whopping 50% off...

Default Re: Any CSer had booked with this online agent before ?

It's not an online travel agent.

What they do is they negotiate attractive deals with various merchants, which they then put up for sale as a coupon/voucher. So you buy the voucher from them, which you can then bring to the merchants to claim for the promised goods (or equivalent dollar value). Why they can negotiate such great deals with the merchants is 'cos they have critical mass, as the voucher only gets sold if enough people commit to buying it, so it's like buying something in bulk.

Eg. in this case you buy the voucher from deal.com.sg, make your own booking with Angsana (technically you don't have to tell Angsana you're using a voucher, but I would just in case there're any kind of black-out dates/exceptions), and when it comes to payment time at Angsana, just give them the voucher and that should take care of your bill (minus incidentals).

BTW, thanks for showing me the website, an identical system has been saving me quite a bit of money in the US, I didn't know one existed in Singapore too!
    My photos - see just some or all of it =)

Default Re: Any CSer had booked with this online agent before ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gengh View Post
    It's not an online travel agent.

What they do is they negotiate attractive deals with various merchants, which they then put up for sale as a coupon/voucher. So you buy the voucher from them, which you can then bring to the merchants to claim for the promised goods (or equivalent dollar value). Why they can negotiate such great deals with the merchants is 'cos they have critical mass, as the voucher only gets sold if enough people commit to buying it, so it's like buying something in bulk.

Eg. in this case you buy the voucher from deal.com.sg, make your own booking with Angsana (technically you don't have to tell Angsana you're using a voucher, but I would just in case there're any kind of black-out dates/exceptions), and when it comes to payment time at Angsana, just give them the voucher and that should take care of your bill (minus incidentals).

BTW, thanks for showing me the website, an identical system has been saving me quite a bit of money in the US, I didn't know one existed in Singapore too!
    I see.. thanks for the explaination. Done my research into how they operate and seems to me that there had been some who had bought other deals and no complains so far..