Thread: Successful Entreprenuer 2011

Default Successful Entreprenuer 2011

Hello guys...

I have got a call from the above this morning... I am not sure what it is about or if what they are after is money with my business in their magazine??

Any idea?

Although, the name suggested above is kinda cool to have but not when they ask a lot of money...

I did a quick search and found this link http://mysingaporemath.blogspot.com/...neur-2011.html

If you were ask to pay certain amount to be in it? do you see the benefit?

Regards,

Hart

Default Re: Successful Entreprenuer 2011

For me, I will just ignore them. I won't pay to be in an unsolicited competition or award to be published let alone a questionable its credibility. This one looks extremely doggy.

My spontaneous remark must have stunned the caller, as I asked,"Isn't it so fake that I have to PAY for my award?!"
    Great answer there
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

I think quite a few photographers have gotten this call already. Maybe whoever the organization is behind this, they managed to rephrase the words 'Paid Advertisement' to 'xxx Award'.

I thought so too...

I have chance upon a few photographers website that has the logo on it... was curious... but can't seems to find much about them.

Regards,

Hart

I hope they call me......i will first find out more about them and then bombard them with queries....

haha .... guys be careful. I know how they operate.

Two months back, first someone called me to congratulate me. They claimed that i have done well and was been "selected" by xxx, xxx, xxx, etc to be one of the SE2011 finalists.

Then they need to get someone to interview me. Finally they sent a very attractive xmm (really presentable and well-spoken)... Interviewed and insisted that no monies will be necessary BUT we need to advertise in the paper AND their magazine. Just to let you know, $5,000 was mentioned for the first payment. I am not sure how much more we will need to pay. THey will also show you the other "carrot" companies for the last 2 years.

Luckily my accountant sibeh cat type, she checked around and advised me not to proceed further.
    always the Light, .... always.

Interesting... seems like those who pay must have quite a lot of spare cash for a nicely printed paper with your name on it....

Who are the carrot companies? Are the photo awards published online?

http://www.entrepreneur2010.sg/

The lady who call don't sound very excited too...

Hart

Quote Originally Posted by Agetan View Post
    http://www.entrepreneur2010.sg/

The lady who call don't sound very excited too...

Hart
    I don't quite understand how come there's a youtube video of "Count on me Singapore" on their website.

And with a number of notable sponsors listed on the main page, not sure what are they sponsoring. In the end recipients still need to pay to get on the awards list.
    Last edited by snowspeeder; 16th October 2010 at 01:18 PM.

More about the organizer:

http://www.streetdirectory.com/jobs/...sub_company/0/

No office address though.

erm found their company on ACRA..

GRC PRESS HOLDINGS
    KAKI BUKIT ROAD 3...

any useful info?
    Last edited by Aimevous; 16th October 2010 at 01:07 PM.
    Capture your memories, for they are not forever.

Thanks...

Probably something made out of nothing, but nonetheless, the practice might shock some that's ok.

Just a info for people who might get a call too.

Regards,

Hart

This thread is what makes this forum useful instead of the "look up in Google" / "do a search before you post" . Thanks for the info everyone !

By the way, the cost is starting at $4888-$6888.

Regards,

Hart

is it any surprise that their list of 2009 winners only have a few names which are known successful business?
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

I too got a call from them last year. To cut story short, why the hell should you pay for an award! You don't have to pay for it, you earn it!

My maid got a call too yesterday. She's not paying either.