Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battery Draining Out in Cabi Box

Default Re: Battery Draining Out in Cabi Box

my experience on Li ion batteries is they usually don't hold charge well when it is new, they will preform at peak after sometime, and I will recharge them to full after each used, even it is only less than 25% used.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by AnduTan View Post
    The odd thing is that this newer Cabi feels warm - the items inside feel warm to the touch and my digital meter reads 50% - 60% only!!! Is the heat the cause...my older analog cabi meter box is always cool maintaining the same humidity level.
    hmmm,
    Agree with hotwork77, please get a second hygrometer for verification. The inside should feel slightly colder than outside. Reason is: the cold side of the drier unit will cool down the inside air a little bit. The temperature difference between inside and outside is 2 degrees at maximum.
    But again: this does not affect the battery charge and self-discharge at all. For long-term storage of your battery charge it fully and put it into fridge (not freezer).
    EOS

Me dun encounter any drainage of battery placed on my cam(stored in dry cabinet) even as long as 1 week after fully charged...
    *Simba* loves D700 + 24-70

Quote Originally Posted by mysimba View Post
    Me dun encounter any drainage of battery placed on my cam(stored in dry cabinet) even as long as 1 week after fully charged...
    same here mine is original batteries though.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    You have two batteries of different make and different capacities (and may have minute differences in voltages). My advice is to dump the 'chiong' battery. Original Nikon battery for D90 costs only $49 each nowadays (if you know where to get them) and they last a long time.
    Yes...looks like I need to buang the Chiong to get the real stuff.
    Need to go SLR to get the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Agree with hotwork77, please get a second hygrometer for verification. The inside should feel slightly colder than outside. Reason is: the cold side of the drier unit will cool down the inside air a little bit. The temperature difference between inside and outside is 2 degrees at maximum.
    But again: this does not affect the battery charge and self-discharge at all. For long-term storage of your battery charge it fully and put it into fridge (not freezer).
    Strange...must go check with a new hygrometer...better shift all my gear back to the old Cabi where its cooler. Problem is I didn't send in the warranty card for the free gift Cabi.

Thanks guys. I believe my freebie Cabi is in trouble churning out so much heat and the reading is at 60-70% at 30-31 degrees!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AnduTan View Post
    Strange...must go check with a new hygrometer...better shift all my gear back to the old Cabi where its cooler. Problem is I didn't send in the warranty card for the free gift Cabi.
    Doesn't matter. Just bring the card along when you go and see their service center.
    Thanks guys. I believe my freebie Cabi is in trouble churning out so much heat and the reading is at 60-70% at 30-31 degrees!!!
    That rather looks as if it not working at all...
    EOS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12