Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: D90 and I see differently...pls help...

  1. #21
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: D90 and I see differently...pls help...

    Quote Originally Posted by tormont View Post
    the last two pic looks purple to me too leh ahaha. Maybe diff people diff colour perspective. Well i do have that problem before, when shooting a purple orchid indoor in dim light. the orchid turn out blue i mean reallie blue not like yours. What i did is to adjust the WB (thou the backgrd may no be your desire). Next i shot 1 more shot with my desire backgrd colour and blend them tgt. Its troublesome, but i'm noob ahaha and there may be some better n easier way, btw if u reallie have the passion, you wont mind xtra steps. just my 2cents
    Or you can shoot RAW and process it to 2 different WB tones and export to different files. And merge them back together using layer masking. I think that would be a lot easier.

  2. #22
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: D90 and I see differently...pls help...

    Just to add, why the taxi can show up ok but the lights do not. Remember there are differences between reflected light and light itself. The taxi is blue but under the yellow light it will look less blue. When your AWB adjusted to suit the street lamps, the taxi will show up correctly. However, the purple lights are not affected by the street lamp, because they are a light source too. So when AWB adjusted for the streetlamps, your purple lights got twisted out of whack.

  3. #23

    Default Re: D90 and I see differently...pls help...

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Just to add, why the taxi can show up ok but the lights do not. Remember there are differences between reflected light and light itself. The taxi is blue but under the yellow light it will look less blue. When your AWB adjusted to suit the street lamps, the taxi will show up correctly. However, the purple lights are not affected by the street lamp, because they are a light source too. So when AWB adjusted for the streetlamps, your purple lights got twisted out of whack.

    Wonderful enlightenment, thanks ya. If you were to set the WB/Change temp colour, what are the possible settings u will set? ^^
    Last edited by jojovan; 15th October 2010 at 03:47 PM.

  4. #24
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: D90 and I see differently...pls help...

    Quote Originally Posted by jojovan View Post
    Wonderful enlightenment, thanks ya. If you were to set the WB/Change temp colour, what are the possible settings u will set? ^^
    Can't say until I do it.

    I suggest you open the RAW file up in your PP software and adjust WB till you like what you see.

  5. #25
    Member hotwork77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    119'37.70"N 10347'39.19"E
    Posts
    1,353

    Default Re: D90 and I see differently...pls help...

    Quote Originally Posted by jojovan View Post
    I am using Windows and yet to have monitor calibrated, so what u mean is that, after monitor calibrated, I should be able to see the violet colour( As i can see with my eyes on the lightings) right?

    What calibration device do u use?X-lite? Do comments if u use it.
    I'm using Spyder3Elite on Mac OS Snow Leopard. After calibration, I find the output on screen closely resemble the output from the photo labs. You will only see violet if the source colour is violet.

    By the way, I saw you edited your post #1 again. Anyhow, I'm still seeing violet in my Mac and PC.
    Last edited by hotwork77; 15th October 2010 at 10:32 PM.
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

  6. #26

    Default Re: D90 and I see differently...pls help...

    Quote Originally Posted by hotwork77 View Post
    I'm using Spyder3Elite on Mac OS Snow Leopard. After calibration, I find the output on screen closely resemble the output from the photo labs. You will only see violet if the source colour is violet.

    By the way, I saw you edited your post #1 again. Anyhow, I'm still seeing violet in my Mac and PC.
    U want to try not using spyder3 elite, and see if it is blue for pic 1 and 2? :X

  7. #27
    Member hotwork77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    119'37.70"N 10347'39.19"E
    Posts
    1,353

    Default Re: D90 and I see differently...pls help...

    Quote Originally Posted by jojovan View Post
    U want to try not using spyder3 elite, and see if it is blue for pic 1 and 2? :X
    Sorry Bro...after calibration how to make it like no calibration again? Anyhow your pics looks violet. Pics #1 & #2 is actually a mixture of a bit blue and a bit more violet. Pics 3 & #4 is violet.
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,056

    Default Re: D90 and I see differently...pls help...

    Quote Originally Posted by jojovan View Post
    Ya lor....Can any other D90 users try going there(outside MBS) and try to snap it and review it if you were free? =)
    Where is MBS . Please tell me which MRT station to alight.

    What ia MBS stand for?
    Enjoy your every moment with our nature and friends

  9. #29
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: D90 and I see differently...pls help...

    Quote Originally Posted by stanycjw View Post
    Where is MBS . Please tell me which MRT station to alight.

    What ia MBS stand for?
    Here you go:
    http://************/2bzcxpl
    Last edited by daredevil123; 20th October 2010 at 10:22 AM.

  10. #30
    Member dannyfoxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    650

    Default Re: D90 and I see differently...pls help...

    halko Jojovan, your PM box is full, please clear it if you want me to reply you.
    flickr
    ... I'm not a photographer yet.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •