Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Replacing rubber grips

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    117

    Default Replacing rubber grips

    The rubber on the zoom ring of my 18-135 lens has expanded and is coming out. Anyone has experience replacing this at NSC and what are the charges?

    The thumb grip at the back of the cam body is also coming out I will probably replace this too. What's the charge for this one?

    Thanks in advance?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Replacing rubber grips

    Don't know; NSC has the complete price list of individual items you want to replace.. However I did replace the camera hand rubber grip before and it costs around $30.00 including GST for camera still has a valid warranty. Without warranty you will be charged of labor cost as well. Do also note the price differs slightly for the same item of different camera model.

  3. #3
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Replacing rubber grips

    i replaced the thumb rubber at the back of the camera body for $3

  4. #4

    Default Re: Replacing rubber grips

    for the thumbgrip, I'm not sure what glue to use for diy, therefore I suggest NSC.
    But for the zoom ring, it MIGHT be cheaper if you get the parts from ebay and replace yourself. (very simple to change, just take off the rubber grip and put back the new one)

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    i replaced the thumb rubber at the back of the camera body for $3
    including labour?

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    117

    Default Re: Replacing rubber grips

    I will go down to NSC tomorrow probably and get it serviced. I prefer not to DIY as I tend to screw things up when I do...

  6. #6
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Replacing rubber grips

    Quote Originally Posted by wdEvA View Post
    for the thumbgrip, I'm not sure what glue to use for diy, therefore I suggest NSC.
    But for the zoom ring, it MIGHT be cheaper if you get the parts from ebay and replace yourself. (very simple to change, just take off the rubber grip and put back the new one)



    including labour?
    yes, in the end i also requested for sensor cleaning, so i paid about $30 and went home a happy man

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    117

    Default Re: Replacing rubber grips

    For those who want to know, I had my rubber zoom ring and thumb grip replaced yesterday. The zoom ring cost $20 and the thumb grip $3. Prices are before GST. I think labor is included in the price as I was not charged separately for labor.

  8. #8
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Replacing rubber grips

    Quote Originally Posted by deltatango View Post
    For those who want to know, I had my rubber zoom ring and thumb grip replaced yesterday. The zoom ring cost $20 and the thumb grip $3. Prices are before GST. I think labor is included in the price as I was not charged separately for labor.
    thanks for the update, as replacing rubber skin for your camera need not to dismantle any parts, so didn't charge for any labors.

    I just replacing all the rubber skin for my D70 and the zoom ring rubble and also focusing ring rubble. the total cost is much much much higher. but now my D70 looks like new camera again.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    52

    Default Re: Replacing rubber grips

    Wow, thanks for these info. I will go down to NSC once I have the time to replace my thumb grid

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •