Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: 2011 is expected to be hot for weddings

  1. #1

    Default 2011 is expected to be hot for weddings

    11.11.11 Friday, 12.11.11, 20th Nov. 11.11 already nearly full house for banquets, got split-day requests. Next year generally also pretty popular, enquiries are started to stream in....

    FYI, quote low now which is very early and regret later only....

  2. #2

    Default Re: 2011 is expected to be hot for weddings

    good
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  3. #3

    Default Re: 2011 is expected to be hot for weddings

    Ok, from the database I am seeing, 20 Nov Sun is extremely hot. Amazingly got Malay couple enquiring. Already booked for an Indian wedding (extremely happy, my first over 2k package). Funny though, 19 Nov Sat is not as hot.

    Still available for 11/11. Keep your dates open, let the freelancers take first, no problemo.
    11/11/11.

    11/11/2011 = 41 couples


    20/11/2011 = 32

    5 Nov = 4 (luckily booked already for me)
    6 Nov Sun = 0 (??!!)

    12 Nov = 8
    13 Nov = 4

    26 Nov = 5
    27 Nov = 4
    Last edited by 2100; 20th December 2010 at 08:13 PM.

  4. #4

    Default Re: 2011 is expected to be hot for weddings

    My couple said 8 Oct is full house for hotels. Lets take a look in the DB....

    8 OCT = 9. Other weekends are ok, all below 10.

    17 Sep = 10 (potentially hot)

    Dec all below 7 (3rd Dec is 7)

    Confirm 11/11 is hottest date in Nov. Followed by 20/11.
    Last edited by 2100; 20th December 2010 at 08:19 PM.

  5. #5

    Default Re: 2011 is expected to be hot for weddings

    ... provided the economy stay good.


  6. #6
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,849

    Default Re: 2011 is expected to be hot for weddings

    11/11/2011 confirm hot hot date!

  7. #7

    Default Re: 2011 is expected to be hot for weddings

    Still available for 11/11.
    but received a lot of inquiry on 24/09 and 25/09

  8. #8

    Default Re: 2011 is expected to be hot for weddings

    Quote Originally Posted by lorraine1223 View Post
    Still available for 11/11.
    but received a lot of inquiry on 24/09 and 25/09
    Yep, 25/9 booked already.

    24/9 = 5
    25/9 = 3

    So those weekends above are definitely just as hot or most prob hotter.

    Just confirmed 3rd Nov weekday Thursday even! (though at much lower price than weekends) The couple said every darn Nov weekend and every hotel has been booked.

    So definitely will overflow to luncheons. So do not lower prices for luncheons. Wanna whack, this is it.
    Last edited by 2100; 21st December 2010 at 06:50 PM.

  9. #9

    Default Re: 2011 is expected to be hot for weddings

    Yes,
    From sep onwards, I have no free weekends avail anymore! Waaaoot! Let the good times roll!
    D3s / D3x / 18-55 f3.5 - 5.6 / 55-200 f3.5-5.6 / 50 f1.8

  10. #10

    Default Re: 2011 is expected to be hot for weddings

    18 June 2011 = 12
    Yesterday just enquired, told couple that its a hot date, today can confirm with deposit.

    13 Nov 2010 which has just passed and you know how hot it was, = 19. And there are still quite a lot of time till the 2011 dates.

    Just FYI, keep your pricings up, there is enough for everyone. 2011 will not be like 2010.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Virgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West of Singapore
    Posts
    4,816

    Default Re: 2011 is expected to be hot for weddings

    Good on the news, but I'm sure someone out there will press their prices so low that everything will be back to sqaure one again.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

  12. #12

    Default Re: 2011 is expected to be hot for weddings

    Quote Originally Posted by 2100 View Post
    Yep, 25/9 booked already.

    24/9 = 5
    25/9 = 3

    So those weekends above are definitely just as hot or most prob hotter.

    Just confirmed 3rd Nov weekday Thursday even! (though at much lower price than weekends) The couple said every darn Nov weekend and every hotel has been booked.

    So definitely will overflow to luncheons. So do not lower prices for luncheons. Wanna whack, this is it.
    yeah~ just confirmed 12 Nov.

  13. #13

    Default Re: 2011 is expected to be hot for weddings

    Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    Good on the news, but I'm sure someone out there will press their prices so low that everything will be back to sqaure one again.
    yes~ totally agree.

  14. #14

    Default Re: 2011 is expected to be hot for weddings

    Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    Good on the news, but I'm sure someone out there will press their prices so low that everything will be back to sqaure one again.
    Why worried about others price? Quote your worth. Let the cheapo couples match with the cheapo gwc.
    Please Don't Report This Post To A Moderator

  15. #15

    Default Re: 2011 is expected to be hot for weddings

    Quote Originally Posted by Xiao_shin View Post
    Why worried about others price? Quote your worth. Let the cheapo couples match with the cheapo gwc.
    With all due respect, I think the term "cheapo" is uncalled for.

    I think this issue has been discussed to death in the past threads.

    There is no need to label couples or photographers as "cheapo".

    IMHO, it's all relative. Cheap doesn't mean lousy, and wanting cheap doesn't necessarily mean being cheapskate.

    It's when the couples want cheap but expect the sky or become unreasonable that it becomes a problem. To be fair, not all couples are like that.

    And on the photographer's part, charging more doesn't mean he or she is necessarily better than those who charge less.

    It's an open competition in the business. No one has any right to show disrespect to anyone who charges low. It's their choice.

  16. #16
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,849

    Default Re: 2011 is expected to be hot for weddings

    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    With all due respect, I think the term "cheapo" is uncalled for.

    I think this issue has been discussed to death in the past threads.

    There is no need to label couples or photographers as "cheapo".

    IMHO, it's all relative. Cheap doesn't mean lousy, and wanting cheap doesn't necessarily mean being cheapskate.

    It's when the couples want cheap but expect the sky or become unreasonable that it becomes a problem. To be fair, not all couples are like that.

    And on the photographer's part, charging more doesn't mean he or she is necessarily better than those who charge less.

    It's an open competition in the business. No one has any right to show disrespect to anyone who charges low. It's their choice.


  17. #17

    Default Re: 2011 is expected to be hot for weddings

    all wanna get married and laid before 2012, which is the end of the world!

    sorry off-topic ;p

  18. #18

    Default Re: 2011 is expected to be hot for weddings

    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    With all due respect, I think the term "cheapo" is uncalled for.

    I think this issue has been discussed to death in the past threads.

    There is no need to label couples or photographers as "cheapo".

    IMHO, it's all relative. Cheap doesn't mean lousy, and wanting cheap doesn't necessarily mean being cheapskate.

    It's when the couples want cheap but expect the sky or become unreasonable that it becomes a problem. To be fair, not all couples are like that.

    And on the photographer's part, charging more doesn't mean he or she is necessarily better than those who charge less.

    It's an open competition in the business. No one has any right to show disrespect to anyone who charges low. It's their choice.

  19. #19

    Default Re: 2011 is expected to be hot for weddings

    David, maybe cheapo is not a good term. Economical maybe? I have no problem with people wanting a cheaper option. I'm a cheapo myself sometimes. You will not imagine the number of shop I went to so that I can get the cheapest ps3 for my wife. Think petrol already quite a lot but I'm shiok cos I know I got a good deal.
    Please Don't Report This Post To A Moderator

  20. #20

    Default Re: 2011 is expected to be hot for weddings

    HI I think you are being penny wise and pound foolish by spending more on petrol to save a few dollars!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •