Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Joe McNally Lighting Competition - October Entries

  1. #1
    ClubSNAP Admin Darren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,510
    Blog Entries
    2

    Lightbulb Joe McNally Lighting Competition - October Entries

    We are proud to organise this competition running from October to December 2010 with 3 prizes to be won each month. Read on for further details.

    “Joe McNally Lighting Competition” with ClubSNAP

    You can win a FREE pass to Joe McNallyʼs inaugural workshop and seminar in Singapore & another FREE pass to Creative Asia, the world class photography conference of South East Asia.

    All you have to do is to submit your photos to this monthly photo contest where Joe McNally will personally judge and select the top three winners from October to December 2010.

    Monthly prizes will be accorded from October to December 2010.

    1st Prize:
    1 pass to Joe McNallyʼs “Hot Shoe Diaries” workshop in Singapore & 1 pass to Creative Asia Conference in Kuala Lumpur (total value U$1060)

    2nd Prize:
    1 pass to Joe McNallyʼs “Let There Be Light” seminar in Singapore & 1 pass to Creative Asia Conference in Kuala Lumpur (total value U$515)

    3rd Prize:
    1 pass to Joe McNallyʼs “Let There Be Light” seminar in Singapore (total value U$205)

    Technical Details:
    Uploaded image files must be minimally compressed 8-bit RGB JPEGs in either Adobe RGB or sRGB color space. The images must be 72dpi and the longest dimension cannot exceed 800 pixels.

    Rules:
    1. Every submission must demonstrate the use of artificial lighting. Submissions that does not meet this requirement will be disqualified.
    2. You may submit up to two images per month.
    3. You must be the author of the images submitted. Winners may be asked to verify the authenticity of their submissions by presenting the original high resolution file.
    4. The decision of the judge is final.
    5. Prizes are not exchangeable for cash or transferable.
    6. The organizers reserve the right to change any aspect of the contest without prior notification.

    Please submit your entries in this Gallery - CLICK HERE. Entries must be submitted before 11:59pm Singapore time on 30 October 2010 to be eligible for the October prizes.

    Please post any questions you may have in this thread - a Moderator or a representative from the firm representing Joe McNally and organising the seminar in Singapore will respond accordingly.
    Last edited by ed9119; 12th October 2010 at 09:53 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    serangoon
    Posts
    3,042

    Default Re: Joe McNally Lighting Competition - October Entries

    Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    We are proud to organise this competition running from October to December 2010 with 3 prizes to be won each month. Read on for further details.

    “Joe McNally Lighting Competition” with ClubSNAP

    You can win a FREE pass to Joe McNallyʼs inaugural workshop and seminar in Singapore & another FREE pass to Creative Asia, the world class photography conference of South East Asia.

    All you have to do is to submit your photos to this monthly photo contest where Joe McNally will personally judge and select the top three winners from October to December 2010.

    Monthly prizes will be accorded from October to December 2010.

    1st Prize:
    1 pass to Joe McNallyʼs “Hot Shoe Diaries” workshop in Singapore & 1 pass to Creative Asia Conference in Kuala Lumpur (total value U$1060)

    2nd Prize:
    1 pass to Joe McNallyʼs “Let There Be Light” seminar in Singapore & 1 pass to Creative Asia Conference in Kuala Lumpur (total value U$515)

    3rd Prize:
    1 pass to Joe McNallyʼs “Let There Be Light” seminar in Singapore (total value U$205)

    Technical Details:
    Uploaded image files must be minimally compressed 8-bit RGB JPEGs in either Adobe RGB or sRGB color space. The images must be 72dpi and the longest dimension cannot exceed 800 pixels.

    Rules:
    1. Every submission must demonstrate the use of artificial lighting. Submissions that does not meet this requirement will be disqualified.
    2. You may submit up to two images per month.
    3. You must be the author of the images submitted. Winners may be asked to verify the authenticity of their submissions by presenting the original high resolution file.
    4. The decision of the judge is final.
    5. Prizes are not exchangeable for cash or transferable.
    6. The organizers reserve the right to change any aspect of the contest without prior notification.

    Please submit your entries in this Gallery - CLICK HERE. Entries must be submitted before 11:59pm Singapore time on 30 October 2010 to be eligible for the October prizes.

    Please post any questions you may have in this thread - a Moderator or a representative from the firm representing Joe McNally and organising the seminar in Singapore will respond accordingly.
    HOW to submit my entries in the Gallery -...?
    "CLICK HERE.???"

    tungtong2010
    I TRY to...Keep the lines of communication open, can U?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tungtong

  3. #3
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,929
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: Joe McNally Lighting Competition - October Entries

    Quote Originally Posted by tungtong View Post
    HOW to submit my entries in the Gallery -...?
    "CLICK HERE.???"

    tungtong2010
    -Go to "Gallery" at top of every page in CS, click on it and log in with your CS username and password

    -Login Successful and you will be brought to all the different categories page

    -Under Competitions, you will see a Joe McNally competition sub-gallery. Click on it

    -You will be brought to page where submitted images are shown in thumbnails

    -Click on Upload Photos and follow the rest of the upload instructions or prompts which is very self-explainatory

    Reminder: Uploaded image files must be minimally compressed 8-bit RGB JPEGs in either Adobe RGB or sRGB color space. The images must be 72dpi and the longest dimension cannot exceed 800 pixels.
    Last edited by ed9119; 13th October 2010 at 02:13 PM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  4. #4

    Default Re: Joe McNally Lighting Competition - October Entries

    it will be good if you can list down the dates of the seminars and workshops.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  5. #5
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,929
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: Joe McNally Lighting Competition - October Entries

    Joe McNally Asia Tour (including Singapore events and dates)

    and same event info is also advertised in Clubsnap
    Joe McNally Workshop in Singapore

    ------------------------
    Creative Asia is Jan 17-21, 2011
    Joe McNally Tour in Singapore is Jan 11-15, 2011.
    .
    .
    .
    Last edited by ed9119; 14th October 2010 at 08:44 AM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  6. #6

    Default Re: Joe McNally Lighting Competition - October Entries

    regarding about "You may submit up to two images per month". i've accidentally post more then two photos for this month entry..is there any way for my photos to be deleted and i will repost again for only two photos this time? sorry for my mistake..

  7. #7
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,929
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: Joe McNally Lighting Competition - October Entries

    Quote Originally Posted by MadSlyder View Post
    regarding about "You may submit up to two images per month". i've accidentally post more then two photos for this month entry..is there any way for my photos to be deleted and i will repost again for only two photos this time? sorry for my mistake..
    will take into consideration and see what the admin can do
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
    Posts
    55

    Default Re: Joe McNally Lighting Competition - October Entries

    Keep the entries coming. Joe just got back from a workshop in St Lucia and he is looking forward to judging them. If you wonder what the workshop and seminar are like...here are some pictures of what we did in Kuala Lumpur early 2010. See you!









    Last edited by louisp; 26th October 2010 at 12:01 PM.

  9. #9
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,929
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: Joe McNally Lighting Competition - October Entries



    isn't that adventure TV3 cameraman Aris Ariffin in the background in the first image? (the botak guy )
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  10. #10
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,929
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: Joe McNally Lighting Competition - October Entries

    Today is last day for submissions Entries must be submitted before 11:59pm Singapore time on SATURDAY 30 October 2010 to be eligible for the October prizes.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  11. #11
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,929
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: Joe McNally Lighting Competition - October Entries

    3 hrs 30mins to go before closing !!
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  12. #12
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,929
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: Joe McNally Lighting Competition - October Entries

    Joe McNally will be announcing the October competition winners by this weekend and apologizes for the delay as he is at a rather remote area until this weekend.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •