Thread: Which WB to select when using hotshoe flash?

Default Which WB to select when using hotshoe flash?

Hi there! I am new to using hotshoe flash and would like to know which WB setting to select when using the flash. If I am in a room with tungsten lighting, do I select my WB as 'Tungsten' or 'Flash'? I am using a Canon 400D with Nissin Di622 flash.

Default Re: Which WB to select when using hotshoe flash?

Quote Originally Posted by kaxdd View Post
    Hi there! I am new to using hotshoe flash and would like to know which WB setting to select when using the flash. If I am in a room with tungsten lighting, do I select my WB as 'Tungsten' or 'Flash'? I am using a Canon 400D with Nissin Di622 flash.
    Whatever you select, the portion of the image affected by a different colour temperature will look odd. Read about flash gel, adjusting the flash light to the ambient light. Flash gel is a plastic filter put in front of the flash. There is orange and blue, changing the temperature of the flash light. Then select the WB accordingly.
    EOS

Default Re: Which WB to select when using hotshoe flash?

different color balance in a scene won't be blend into one WB, you can set the WB to the main light source and let the other go off,
    or set WB to one light source and convert the color balance of other light source same as the camera use.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio