Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: CS pool/snooker club

Default Re: CS pool/snooker club

Quote Originally Posted by SnagIt View Post
    You guys have great info about cue. Me dunno much only anyhow hit. I see some players actually hit very fast. It doesn't look like they need to aim at all. If you ever watch Tony Drago, you will be surprised by his playing speed. I wonder how he do that. Years of practice? E.g.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDasE9AwfPU
    yap, yrs of practise. they train on their "rhythm", if you notice, the timing in between shot is very consistent, shot aft shot.

if you think tht's fast, check out Ronnie O'Sullivan. he holds 4 of the 5 fastest maximum breaks in snooker

Quote Originally Posted by ahming111 View Post
    yap, yrs of practise. they train on their "rhythm", if you notice, the timing in between shot is very consistent, shot aft shot.

if you think tht's fast, check out Ronnie O'Sullivan. he holds 4 of the 5 fastest maximum breaks in snooker
    Hmm is this "rhythm" important??

Hmm is this "rhythm" important??
    yes, as it will help to improve your avg number of balls potted in 1 turn
    Last edited by ahming111; 13th October 2010 at 06:25 PM.

Jus now in office can see. Now I watch this guy play. Wah he is wicked man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McThDshEgU0

Jus now in office can see. Now I watch this guy play. Wah he is wicked man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McThDshEgU0
    This is the match I watch years back!!! amazing!
    Life is like Photography, to improve, you have to keep shooting!

Quote Originally Posted by egnaro View Post
    Efren Reyes didnt actually choose expensive cue, he choose good cuemaker.

his cue are custom to his requirement or specification. read it somewhere.

Nevertheless. it is up to individual preferences. Like I mentioned in my previous post, I seem to be better using house cue.

I am not use to even my new cue.
    I think you might already get used to the deflections of the house cue already, you need to shoot more with your new cue, in order to understand its deflection.
    I believe your new shaft is also laminated shaft just like the same of 314/314 right? If its laminated then you need to adjust to it, since you already get use to the way maple shaft play. I hope you understand what I mean..haha.

Quote Originally Posted by imxian View Post
    I think you might already get used to the deflections of the house cue already, you need to shoot more with your new cue, in order to understand its deflection.
    I believe your new shaft is also laminated shaft just like the same of 314/314 right? If its laminated then you need to adjust to it, since you already get use to the way maple shaft play. I hope you understand what I mean..haha.
    Please explain leh. I want to learn!

Quote Originally Posted by egnaro View Post
    This is the match I watch years back!!! amazing!
    How many years of practice in order to play like that?!

Please explain leh. I want to learn!
    Try my best to explain. haha

Normally in pool, we will try to play alot of English aka sliding in order to put the cue ball into better position to pot the target ball.
    Deflection sometimes called squirt, is the altering of the path of the cue ball when english is used.
    Simply put it as, when you hit the cue ball on the right, the cue ball will travel to the left, and vice versa. So if you using English to play shots, you need to compensate the angle in order to shoot the ball straight in the true path.
    The deflection level varies from cue to cue, also the table conditions, and type of balls used.
    Some cue makers like the famous Predator, they created 10 spices laminated into one shaft instead of the traditional solid maple shaft, in order to minimize deflection.
    To some players, this type of laminated shaft might be good, enable them to play shots easier but however to others, often this type of shaft felt much more hollower, lighter as compare to normal maple kind. This is also one of the reason why, many custom cue makers still using maple wood as their main choice to make a top premium shaft as they feel much more solid in the way they make contact.

Chance upon this video on deflection http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1C_O8AO8yY from the way they address in this video, i think he is trying to promote predator shaft.

How many years of practice in order to play like that?!
    these pple come from a different culture.

in their country, snooker is a gentlemen's game, so lots of children start young and are really gd in their l;ater yrs.

in s'pore, it's an ah beng's game, no one wanna practise until like tht, go study better.

hahaha and to be as gd as him, u gotta be a bit siao siao also

Try my best to explain. haha

Normally in pool, we will try to play alot of English aka sliding in order to put the cue ball into better position to pot the target ball.
    Deflection sometimes called squirt, is the altering of the path of the cue ball when english is used.
    Simply put it as, when you hit the cue ball on the right, the cue ball will travel to the left, and vice versa. So if you using English to play shots, you need to compensate the angle in order to shoot the ball straight in the true path.
    The deflection level varies from cue to cue, also the table conditions, and type of balls used.
    Some cue makers like the famous Predator, they created 10 spices laminated into one shaft instead of the traditional solid maple shaft, in order to minimize deflection.
    To some players, this type of laminated shaft might be good, enable them to play shots easier but however to others, often this type of shaft felt much more hollower, lighter as compare to normal maple kind. This is also one of the reason why, many custom cue makers still using maple wood as their main choice to make a top premium shaft as they feel much more solid in the way they make contact.

Chance upon this video on deflection http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1C_O8AO8yY from the way they address in this video, i think he is trying to promote predator shaft.
    not only the shaft matters, the tip also

I did be interested if anyone is organising an outing for a pool session!
    I am IN LOVE with my Camera....
    flickr

not only the shaft matters, the tip also
    yup, tips also have a wide range, from soft, medium-soft, medium to hard. From laminated tips to block tips all have different kind of feedback hit. Personally, i uses medium-soft laminated tips by kamui.

ATTENTION!

Our first pool outing is here. This outing is for pool lovers to play, learn and have fun. Please spare some time and join the fun.

a) The arena would be: Pool fusion at Middle Road (I choose central aread to accomodate everyone)

110 Middle Road
    #01-00 Chiat Hong Building S188968 (Beside Illuma at Bugis)

Tel: 63334115

Map:

b) Time(to be discussed) : Ok. Looks like this Friday 15 October is a better timing for everyone. So timing is tentatively set to 7.30pm Friday 15 October. Vote the timing you prefer

c)Game type: 8-ball game. If we have 4 or more players, to give everyone a chance to play we will split into team. 2 persons / team will work together towards victory. You are welcome to bring your friends, your girl/boy/...-friends, your dog, your cat, your grandma...

As I am not sure of the actual cost so expected it to be 12$/hour. We will split the cost.

d) Participants:

1) Snagit (You can contact me @90264475)
    2) ...
    Last edited by SnagIt; 14th October 2010 at 12:03 PM.

yup, tips also have a wide range, from soft, medium-soft, medium to hard. From laminated tips to block tips all have different kind of feedback hit. Personally, i uses medium-soft laminated tips by kamui.
    haha, another new brand. i really out dated liao

i only know moori

ATTENTION!

Our first pool outing is here. This outing is for pool lovers to play, learn and have fun. Please spare some time and join the fun.

a) The arena would be: Pool fusion at Middle Road (I choose central aread to accomodate everyone)

110 Middle Road
    #01-00 Chiat Hong Building S188968 (Beside Illuma at Bugis)

Tel: 63334115

Map:

b) Time(to be discussed) : a few friendly matches from 2pm - 3pm/2pm-4pm 16 October 2010 (Saturday). I wanted timing like 10am but most shops only open from 11am. Vote the timing you prefer

c)Game type: 8-ball game. If we have 4 or more players, to give everyone a chance to play we will split into team. 2 persons / team will work together towards victory. You are welcome to bring your friends, your girl/boy/...-friends, your dog, your cat, your grandma...

As I am not sure of the actual cost so expected it to be 12$/hour. We will split the cost.

d) Participants:

1) Snagit (You can contact me @90264475)
    2) ...
    sorry dude, tht timing is out for me, gotta miss this.

next time bring you guys to this place at golden mile. value for money

haha, another new brand. i really out dated liao

i only know moori
    kamui been around for few years, just that not all shops have stock for them. Yeah, moori is shiok also..haha

kamui been around for few years, just that not all shops have stock for them. Yeah, moori is shiok also..haha
    then confirm i'm outdated. my info is abt 10 yrs back

last i heard was tht moori's quality dropped, hope it got back to wat it used to be
    Last edited by ahming111; 14th October 2010 at 11:05 AM.

imxian, your knowledge is deep deep ar!

I use stock tip now... Sarin.

Lolx
    Life is like Photography, to improve, you have to keep shooting!

sorry dude, tht timing is out for me, gotta miss this.

next time bring you guys to this place at golden mile. value for money

yah me too got to work on sunday and sat, best is if can on weekdays cos i having attachment at sim lim square den got to work on sundays.if possible on weekdays like say friday afternoon or night can acommodate

cheers

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast