Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: CS pool/snooker club

Default Re: CS pool/snooker club

I buy the cheap 1~ hee hee

Poison Nitro N1.. It abt the design actually, I like it only 1 solid black colour without fancy design.

I am considering over N1 and N3, due to the price, I still buy N1 afterall, they have the same spec.

To change to Predator 314 2 Shaft or not, that very much depending on my future game, as for now, Poison DD Technology is already very close or same as predator 3142 Shaft.

Afterall, they are the same marker. all in China.
    Life is like Photography, to improve, you have to keep shooting!

oh ya! I got it at $300 with $2 change? I think so

How about VX series compare with Nitro series?
    雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS
    5D3 + Luxury Lenses|Hope To Make Someone Happy By Showing My Pictures|

VX Series there 2 kind, 2.90 is for Jump/Break and normal 1 is for playing.

Blue and Orange for playing and Green is for Break/Jump.

Actually the diff is on the shaft. but for Green cue, it is 3 section iirc.

Theyusing another shaft call VX Shaft for VX series, Not sure if there is any diff between VX and Venom

Of cuz, as for Break/Jump, they are using Phenolic tip (good for breaking), and it can still use for playing.

IMHO the best combination shd be Poison VX 2.90 + additional Predator 314 2 shaft. This will cover break, Jump and play. = all using 1 butt!

Personally I like the colour of VX series too...

But for playing cue, I still prefer wood finish and rubber finish at the butt.

Quote Originally Posted by egnaro View Post
    VX Series there 2 kind, 2.90 is for Jump/Break and normal 1 is for playing.

Blue and Orange for playing and Green is for Break/Jump.

Actually the diff is on the shaft. but for Green cue, it is 3 section iirc.

Theyusing another shaft call VX Shaft for VX series, Not sure if there is any diff between VX and Venom

Of cuz, as for Break/Jump, they are using Phenolic tip (good for breaking), and it can still use for playing.

IMHO the best combination shd be Poison VX 2.90 + additional Predator 314 2 shaft. This will cover break, Jump and play. = all using 1 butt!
    Personally I like the colour of VX series too...

But for playing cue, I still prefer wood finish and rubber finish at the butt.
    Great informative of the pool cues..

Personally I don't have a pool cue.. Anyway, where there's pool tables, pool cues there will be.
    雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS
    5D3 + Luxury Lenses|Hope To Make Someone Happy By Showing My Pictures|

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobs View Post
    Great informative of the pool cues..

Personally I don't have a pool cue.. Anyway, where there's pool tables, pool cues there will be.
    I think having a regular personal cue and regular table does make a big diff... Of cuz, I dun expect you to buy a table, at least always visit the same place to familiarized the table and environment.

Not all player (even super Pro) need expensive cue. High cost of the pool cue mainly goes to the design and finishing of the butt. The shaft are all the same if it the same brand.

In fact i played badly on my new poison cue, play better using house cue. I think I havnt get used to the new cue.

I recently brought a Poison Cue.

still yet to play with it. looking forward to play with you guys.
    nvr heard of it, might be a new brand. where did you buy it?

Quote Originally Posted by SnagIt View Post
    Came across this article. What do you think of this aiming method?

source: http://www.saluc.com/html/billiard-e...ker_system.pdf
    http://www.pool-tools.com/blog/

In the 1960’s I read a book by Willie Mosconi that described an aiming system that used a paralell line thru the cue that was paralell to the line through the object ball to the center of the pocket. The idea was to align the opposite point of the cue ball to the aim point on the object ball and you would have to pocket the object ball if these two contact points met. Over the years I would use this method on long shots or difficult cut shots. It was uncanny that I would make these difficult shots a high percentage of the time.

In 2008 I adopted this aiming method for almost all shots. My pocket making ability jumped significantly. However it is difficult sometimes to visualize these lines. I discoverd Mike Massey’s and Joe Tucker’s ”Aiming by the Numbers” training aids. Mike and Joe have assigned numbers on the cue and object balls. The number is derived from the object balls position relative to the pocket to be pocketed. You aim or match the number on the cue ball to the object and shoot.

It is second nature for me now to walk around the table and select the numbers and execute the shot with confidence. In addition, you can use the numbers when object ball is stuck on the side rail and you want to place the object ball at center of end rail to nail a safety play.

I walk around with the discs in my pocket included in the “aiming by the numbers” package so I can practice pool anywhere at anytime.
    not too sure abt the numbering system, need more examples to get the picture.

the one mosconi came up with is identical to the ghost ball method

I buy the cheap 1~ hee hee

Poison Nitro N1.. It abt the design actually, I like it only 1 solid black colour without fancy design.

I am considering over N1 and N3, due to the price, I still buy N1 afterall, they have the same spec.

To change to Predator 314 2 Shaft or not, that very much depending on my future game, as for now, Poison DD Technology is already very close or same as predator 3142 Shaft.

Afterall, they are the same marker. all in China.
    to me, these are all gimmicks. it's true tht it makes your game easier but all these can be achieved by more practise and improving on your stroke.

Quote Originally Posted by ahming111 View Post
    nvr heard of it, might be a new brand. where did you buy it?
    theQshop at waterloo street

This is another brand make by Predator Cues

www.poisonbilliards.com

it is Predator 314 2 shaft compatible. similar technology with Lucasi, Predator, Mezz and etc.

I think having a regular personal cue and regular table does make a big diff... Of cuz, I dun expect you to buy a table, at least always visit the same place to familiarized the table and environment.

Not all player (even super Pro) need expensive cue. High cost of the pool cue mainly goes to the design and finishing of the butt. The shaft are all the same if it the same brand.

In fact i played badly on my new poison cue, play better using house cue. I think I havnt get used to the new cue.
    in order to have a consistent game, all elements needs to be consistent, ball, table, cloth, cue, lighting etc.... but sadly in the realistic world, none of these can be controlled except for the cue, so having a personal cue is needed if you want to step up your game.

it's true abt expensive cues. it's all abt skills and mental state. Reyes doesn't have an expensive cue last time (not sure abt now). he's cue can be bought @ phillipines for $100+ dollars.

there are a few elements regarding getting a personal cue and also getting used to it but i'm sure the shop owner has walkthru with you abt tht

theQshop at waterloo street

This is another brand make by Predator Cues

www.poisonbilliards.com

it is Predator 314 2 shaft compatible. similar technology with Lucasi, Predator, Mezz and etc.
    oh, greg and paul, old timer in the industry.

well, gd price you paid for your cue then

Hi all, I used to play pool often before switching hobby interest to photography.
    Happy to see big bro like Jacobs and Snagit have passion playing pool also
    Next time after photoouting, we go shoot some balls..haha

ya, I think Reyes cue is barely $150SGD.

Made in Philippine.

Philippine does make good cue....

Quote Originally Posted by ahming111 View Post
    to me, these are all gimmicks. it's true tht it makes your game easier but all these can be achieved by more practise and improving on your stroke.
    totally agree with Ahming, Pool is about hours of practise and super consistency.
    no doubt, sometimes having good gears do boost up self confidence also..hehe

ya, I think Reyes cue is barely $150SGD.

Made in Philippine.

Philippine does make good cue....
    if i'm not wrg, he even used tht cue to win the SEA games 4 ball billards last time.

actually i'm not too sure what do pple mean by gd cue or bad cue, all i know is tht can pot ball one is gd cue

seriously speaking thou, gd or not depends on the user's preference. last time i found my "dream" cue, it's a cue my friend has, it felt so comfortable in my hands and everything was so natural. my friend refuse to sell it to me cause everytime i use tht cue, he'll lose to me

Efren Reyes didnt actually choose expensive cue, he choose good cuemaker.

his cue are custom to his requirement or specification. read it somewhere.

Nevertheless. it is up to individual preferences. Like I mentioned in my previous post, I seem to be better using house cue.

I am not use to even my new cue.

You guys have great info about cue. Me dunno much only anyhow hit. I see some players actually hit very fast. It doesn't look like they need to aim at all. If you ever watch Tony Drago, you will be surprised by his playing speed. I wonder how he do that. Years of practice? E.g.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDasE9AwfPU

Efren Reyes didnt actually choose expensive cue, he choose good cuemaker.

his cue are custom to his requirement or specification. read it somewhere.

Nevertheless. it is up to individual preferences. Like I mentioned in my previous post, I seem to be better using house cue.

I am not use to even my new cue.
    i'm sure you'll get back on track with your new cue

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast