Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36

Thread: Tips for staying inspired, motivated and finding the time

  1. #21

    Default Re: Tips for staying inspired, motivated and finding the time

    There is always time to do things, you just have to set it aside.

    Work still comes first, of course.

  2. #22

    Default Re: Tips for staying inspired, motivated and finding the time

    Just leave your camera at home, and find a nice quiet spot.Don't think of work or friends, etc, just look around and look at the people. Then imagine capturing those moments. That's when I get itchy hands and am inspired to shoot more.
    Alpha

  3. #23
    Senior Member ovaltinemilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sin jia Po lah
    Posts
    2,820

    Default Re: Tips for staying inspired, motivated and finding the time

    Quote Originally Posted by noodlehaus View Post
    Would you guys share some tips/suggestions for keeping your self inspired and motivated to shoot? Also, how to manage and squeeze out time to go out and shoot as well. Greatly appreciate any tips/suggestions.
    bring your cam whenever possible coz there's always 1 or 2 moment you wish you could capture...haha...ya...don't really have the luxury to shoot unless wake up 6 on sat/sun to shoot. I know some of them do so...respect
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

  4. #24

    Default Re: Tips for staying inspired, motivated and finding the time

    Quote Originally Posted by noodlehaus View Post
    Would you guys share some tips/suggestions for keeping your self inspired and motivated to shoot? Also, how to manage and squeeze out time to go out and shoot as well. Greatly appreciate any tips/suggestions.
    For me, these are my inspiration & motivation

    1) Photo contest
    Join a photo contest, you have good reason to go out and take great photos

    2) Life upgrading
    On Saturday, I have only have 2 choices
    a) stay at home and listen to deafening life upgrading noise
    or
    b) go out and take photos to enjoy some peace and quiet

    3) Girlfriend
    On Sunday, I need to help her carry her Canon 50D with her lens bag and tripod.

    If my tips don't help, look at this video ( 8 secret of successful people )

    http://http://www.ted.com/talks/richard_st_john_s_8_secrets_of_success.html
    Last edited by Yutaka Go; 11th October 2010 at 10:41 PM.

  5. #25

    Default Re: Tips for staying inspired, motivated and finding the time

    Hmm.
    I need to accept lesser weddings... 3 on a weekend is leaving me enough backlog to last me a month.

    and its starting to get monotonous with all the "standard" wedding schedules, and "standard" wedding shots people want.

    i think its time for a retreat to recuperate the mind and bring it back to creativity

  6. #26
    Senior Member digitalpimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Shèng Gǎng
    Posts
    2,744

    Default Re: Tips for staying inspired, motivated and finding the time

    Try looking for "Woah!" shots on here and on flickr. That should keep you inspired, I think. And when you're inspired, you'll find time.
    Last edited by digitalpimp; 12th October 2010 at 08:49 AM.

  7. #27

    Default Re: Tips for staying inspired, motivated and finding the time

    Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    Dont force it.... you cannot be on a constant high on ANYTHING....... I advise you to go with the ups and downs through the cycles

    Been through at least 3-4 major cycles over the years ..... if it happens... it happens.... if it does not..... move on to something else that inspires you ....

    and i say this with all good intentions , peace...
    It's really frustrating when you're stuck on a plateau: pictures are OK, you're not regressing but you're not progressing either. And it continues for a few months and you start to give up.

  8. #28
    Senior Member digitalpimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Shèng Gǎng
    Posts
    2,744

    Default Re: Tips for staying inspired, motivated and finding the time

    Quote Originally Posted by cks2k2 View Post
    It's really frustrating when you're stuck on a plateau: pictures are OK, you're not regressing but you're not progressing either. And it continues for a few months and you start to give up.

    Yea, it's inevitable. Really sucks when you're in a rut.

  9. #29

    Default Re: Tips for staying inspired, motivated and finding the time

    Get friends with same hobby can share and go out to shoot...More fun

  10. #30
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: Tips for staying inspired, motivated and finding the time

    To know that it is ok to take a break, and come back another time

  11. #31
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,929
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: Tips for staying inspired, motivated and finding the time

    Do not be confused about what you love to do...... I have known so many people who realized that it is not photography that they love and stay motivated about....... its actually the love for different things.... and the wish to capture that through photography..... like nature, the outdoors, travel, curiosity about different cultures, strange shapes etc etc etc ...... and the camera equipment are just tools to capture what they love
    Last edited by ed9119; 12th October 2010 at 10:12 PM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  12. #32

    Default Re: Tips for staying inspired, motivated and finding the time

    Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    Do not be confused about what you love to do...... I have known so many people who realized that it is not photography that they love and stay motivated about....... its actually the love for different things.... and the wish to capture that through photography..... like nature, the outdoors, travel, curiosity about different cultures, strange shapes etc etc etc ...... and the camera equipment are just tools to capture what they love


    it is a bit of everything. sometimes it's just an excuse to be able to stand in the middle of sea pretending to photograph... otherwise, it would be really weird, won't it?

  13. #33
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Tips for staying inspired, motivated and finding the time

    Quote Originally Posted by ovaltinemilo View Post
    bring your cam whenever possible coz there's always 1 or 2 moment you wish you could capture...haha...ya...don't really have the luxury to shoot unless wake up 6 on sat/sun to shoot. I know some of them do so...respect
    Actually it is fun to wake up at 4:30-5am and go out to shoot a sunrise on weekends. So peaceful and beautiful... One of my favorite activities come weekend.

  14. #34
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    3,268

    Default Re: Tips for staying inspired, motivated and finding the time

    Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    Dont force it.... you cannot be on a constant high on ANYTHING....... I advise you to go with the ups and downs through the cycles

    Been through at least 3-4 major cycles over the years ..... if it happens... it happens.... if it does not..... move on to something else that inspires you ....

    and i say this with all good intentions , peace...
    Fortunately most of us doing this as a hobby, not work. Yeah, things have cycles and ups/downs. The trick is handling the down and how to move out of it. Sometimes we don't and maybe it's time to move on to something else

  15. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    351

    Default Re: Tips for staying inspired, motivated and finding the time

    if its anything, it has to be PASSION!!! the LOVE for photography and all things photography!

  16. #36

    Default Re: Tips for staying inspired, motivated and finding the time

    I leave my camera in my bag all the time and bring my camera with me almost everywhere.

    Good timing to take pictures would be before and after work. Just plan to when you would like to go shooting and bring your tripod along. Leave the house around 5 and shoot till you need to go to work. After work, you can try to catch the sunset. I do this maybe about one to two times a week.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •