Thread: Looking for Lens rental

Default Looking for Lens rental

Hi all,

I'd post this thread elsewhere in the forum but has not been getting any responses. To Mods: Sorry if this is not allowed here. Please close the thread if you want. But I am really looking for help.

I would like to rent the following Nikon mount lens for a outdoor trip to shoot nature in singapore:

Sigma 150-500mm OS HSM
    Sigma 50-500mm OS HSM

I've look through all the Commercial Service providers in CS forums but I could not find these 2 lens at all.

If anyone has any clue where I can look for such lens to test. Please leave a thread here or PM me. Thanks a million

Default Re: Looking for Lens rental

try making friends in the Nikon community.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    try making friends in the Nikon community.
    Sigh, we are trying to rent and test in one trip to determine which of the 2 should we buy.
    Don't wish to mafan fellow good bros of their own gear. If rent at least there's some money compensation for the businessman for his efforts.

Unless there are bros out there want to rent us? ^^

I'm just curious, is there any reason why you want such a huge focal range?
    Olympian

To shoot birds and wildlife. 300mm is just not enough reach. Teleconverter drops IQ a lot. Hence looking for Bigma for help as they are the only ones that does not break the bank... As least not as much...

Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye View Post
    To shoot birds and wildlife. 300mm is just not enough reach. Teleconverter drops IQ a lot. Hence looking for Bigma for help as they are the only ones that does not break the bank... As least not as much...
    As far as I know, Bigmas do not have IQ to shout towards the 500mm end. I can't help you wrt finding either of these lenses, but you might want to shoot at 300mm and then cropping for the time being if you don't already do so.

Good luck finding your lenses
    Olympian

Already doing so with a 70-300mm. IQ is good but really not enough reach for smaller birds far away for birds in flight.
    I know Bigma's 500mm's IQ is not something to be amazed of, but it should look better than a 70-300mm on a 2x tc.

Thanks for the encouragement.

another simple solution is to go down to shops that has the above two mentioned u looking for,
    test it till kingdom come, and than just buy the one that satisfied you, rather than u keep waiting for someone to rent or loan u the lens,

well thats me,
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

Erm, isn't it offending to test a lens in a shop without the intention to buy from them?

you can join those birders at chinese garden, make friend with them, they can let you try their bazooka if you are nice enough. Now is birding season, there are a lot of them at CG on weekend.
    flickr
    ... I'm not a photographer yet.....

hehe, we tried that too. We were lucky to find one that uses Bigma instead of those Nikon and Canon giant cannons. However, that lady was holding a non-OS version and furthermore, it's on a Canon mount.