Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2172225262728293237 ... LastLast

Thread: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Part IV

Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Part IV

Quote Originally Posted by bitez View Post
    pls explain 9 to 10 stops?
    Oh, if you shoot landscapes, nature, architecture, you're going to need to delay the shutters as long as you want it to. Eg. Dramatic skies, mirror-like reflections on water surfaces, frothy waterfalls, remove people from the scene, etc...

The strength of the stops are the caused by the intensity of the Neutral Density filters... the stronger the ND, the bigger the stops... so... 3 stop is like light greyish tint on the filter glass... 9/10 stops so dark that it is almost black/blue...

3 stop NDs causes the shutters to delay by a bit... 10 stops...will delay a lot (faster during day time but very long at night)...this is because at night the filter cuts down the light until it is almost nothing - you can't see anything through the VF with this filter on...

Basically, ND filters (3 to 10 stops) are just grey tinted glasses you place in front of your lens that cuts down light going into it... the main purpose is to delay the exposure long enough to get the result you want... Very addictive if you are into landscapes/natures with water elements...

Here's a start for some extra curricular reading: ND Filters at wikipedia
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 13th October 2010 at 04:04 PM.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Oh, if you shoot landscapes, nature, architecture, you're going to need to delay the shutters as long as you want it to. Eg. Dramatic skies, mirror-like reflections on water surfaces, frothy waterfalls, remove people from the scene, etc...

The strength of the stops are the caused by the intensity of the Neutral Density filters... the stronger the ND, the bigger the stops... so... 3 stop is like light greyish tint on the filter glass... 9/10 stops so dark that it is almost black/blue...

3 stop NDs causes the shutters to delay by a bit... 10 stops...will delay a lot (faster during day time but very long at night)...this is because at night the filter cuts down the light until it is almost nothing - you can't see anything through the VF with this filter on...

wad is VF?
    and if i dun use ND filters, i wont see the stops (greyish tint on my shots?)

On the topic of filter, ytr I just bought 3 more Hitech filter from a fellow CS. He is selling way cheaper den TK. Independent seller.
    Ain't too clever but definitely not stupid. Hey guys, just wanna learn....

Quote Originally Posted by notsoclever View Post
    On the topic of filter, ytr I just bought 3 more Hitech filter from a fellow CS. He is selling way cheaper den TK. Independent seller.
    how much and which stops? 85mm??
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 13th October 2010 at 04:10 PM.

wad is VF?
    View finder = VF

You can't see the greyish at all...it doesn't add any colour (not suppose to) to your shots... it just delays the shutters... Hence the word NEUTRAL density... which is not suppose to change any colours of your shots...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 13th October 2010 at 04:11 PM.

how much and which stops?
    ND 1.2, Hard GND 0.9 and 1 sunset. Damage $60.

But how to see real or not real? I chk with the those 1 bought from TK, ND 0.3,0.6 n 0.9, packaging the same for ND1.2.

But the Hard GND 0.9 and sunset, both are in white and bigger packaging. Size also bigger. This I not sure cos I nvr check them out when I'm @ TK.

ND 1.2, Hard GND 0.9 and 1 sunset. Damage $60.

But how to see real or not real? I chk with the those 1 bought from TK, ND 0.3,0.6 n 0.9, packaging the same for ND1.2.

But the Hard GND 0.9 and sunset, both are in white and bigger packaging. Size also bigger. This I not sure cos I nvr check them out when I'm @ TK.
    60 bucks for all 3? I'm assuming you're refering to 85mm right? Did you bring torch light to see if there are any blemishes?

Dunno what you mean by bigger sizing leh... GNDs are usually taller than NDs(which tend to be squares)... Are you refering to 85mm versus 100mm? Can measure by ruler btw...hence the measurements..
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 13th October 2010 at 04:21 PM.

wad is VF?
    If you attend any of the sunchaser outtings lead by ZCA and the seniors, you'll fully understand the usefulness of NDs... highly recommended!

60 bucks for all 3? I'm assuming you're refering to 85mm right? Did you bring torch light to see if there are any blemishes?

Dunno what you mean by bigger sizing leh... GNDs are usually taller than NDs(which tend to be squares)... Are you refering to 85mm versus 100mm? Can measure by ruler btw...hence the measurements..

85mm. So its taller, longer, not bigger. Thanks! hahaa

85mm. So its taller, longer, not bigger. Thanks! hahaa
    NDs are always squares - no use for the extra length anyway... whereas GNDs (soft or hard) need the extra space when you shift the plates up and down or else lao kang...

Ooooooh, almost time to leave for bottletree.... see you all there soon!

If you attend any of the sunchaser outtings lead by ZCA and the seniors, you'll fully understand the usefulness of NDs... highly recommended!
    ooh ok.. i scared attend alr look stupid cus i dunno many things.. wait fumble with tis and that..

cya..
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

ooh ok.. i scared attend alr look stupid cus i dunno many things.. wait fumble with tis and that..
    everybody started off like where u r starting now..
    No Worries de la.. nobody will say u de.. ^^
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

see you guys soon...

and 'bitez', don't worry about feeling 'lost' when you attend the Newbies Outings. That is the whole reason why I started organizing those outings, to share whatever (little) I know... hehehe...
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    Ones in a while play until ur battery is almost dead then charge.. or else it will shorten the life span of your battery. Maybe 1 or 2 months do tt one or 2 time..
    errr... guys...

Li-Ion batteries don't really like to be fully discharged.
    It was the old Nickel Cadmium (Ni-Cd) batteries that had a memory effect, hence some chargers were designed to drain away the remaining juice, then charge it up again fully.
    With Li-Ion, actually you should try to charge when you have the opportunity (eg. battery is at 80% and you've got time to kill whilst watching TV or surfing CS, etc. ). There is no memory effect, and charging it from 80% doesn't count as 1 charging cycle. It's quite smart that way.
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    see you guys soon...

and 'bitez', don't worry about feeling 'lost' when you attend the Newbies Outings. That is the whole reason why I started organizing those outings, to share whatever (little) I know... hehehe...
    Don't need so humble... I really learnt a lot from u and other seniors hehe

Looks like i wont be late since i left camp early!

errr... guys...

Li-Ion batteries don't really like to be fully discharged.
    It was the old Nickel Cadmium (Ni-Cd) batteries that had a memory effect, hence some chargers were designed to drain away the remaining juice, then charge it up again fully.
    With Li-Ion, actually you should try to charge when you have the opportunity (eg. battery is at 80% and you've got time to kill whilst watching TV or surfing CS, etc. ). There is no memory effect, and charging it from 80% doesn't count as 1 charging cycle. It's quite smart that way.
    yes correct....

extract from here
    http://www.mpoweruk.com/life.htm#dod

There are important lessons here both for designers and users. By restricting the possible DOD in the application, the designer can dramatically improve the cycle life of the product. Similarly the user can get a much longer life out of the battery by using cells with a capacity slightly more than required or by topping the battery up before it becomes completely discharged. For cells used for "microcycle" applications (small current discharge and charging pulses) a cycle life of 300,000 to 500,000 cycles is common.

Mobile phone users typically recharge their batteries when the DOD is only about 25 to 30 percent. At this low DOD a lithium-ion battery can be expected to achieve between 5 and 6 times the specified cycle life of the battery which assumes complete discharge every cycle. Thus the cycle life improves dramatically if the DOD is reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    everybody started off like where u r starting now..
    No Worries de la.. nobody will say u de.. ^^
    see you guys soon...

have fun u guys!
    ok maybe next time i will..