Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13182122232425283348 ... LastLast

Thread: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Part IV

Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Part IV

Quote Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
    so even if buy G20 also no use when the tripod can only tahan 10kg?

but i heard if the angle is changed to take vertical shots the total weight it can tahan is reduced by half?
    I wont say its no use ba. If in future you wanna upgrade the tripod but not the ball head, you can still keep the G20 haha. For me the N2204 max load is 15 kg i think. I simply got that with the G20 so that i wont have to worry bout upgrading for a while haha.

For the 2nd part im not aware of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    I think all of the tripods can "open legs" (sounds a bit crude, but you get the drift). The restriction is the length of the center column. The wider the legs are splayed, the closer the tripod is to the ground. At one point the bottom of the center column will hit the ground.

I've not yet had to go so low with my current set-up. If I need to, I know what I'll be doing

wah mai siao leh..

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Wah, you wanna start a Bottletree (Texas) Chainsaw Massacre isit?

35 and 85mm good also, me wanna test out low light without flashies...

Hahahah knock yourself out. If it's really dim, I think even f/1.2 also not enough!

so even if buy G20 also no use when the tripod can only tahan 10kg?

but i heard if the angle is changed to take vertical shots the total weight it can tahan is reduced by half?
    I would advise a bit of scepticism with regards to rated load capability of the various support equipment. At the moment none of them follow any international standard with regards to measuring this load capacity.

That being said, logically speaking if the center of gravity of your camera+ lens is DIRECTLY above the stem of the ballhead, that creates the least amount of stress on the ballhead. I guesstimate even 40 or 50kg on it will be fine. Once you start going into weird angles (eg propping the camera into portrait orientation, etc), then you create stress on the ballhead, and have a chance for the ballhead to slip/creep.
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by jeezuinn View Post
    It means how low the tripod can go. The picture i posted shows the tripod with the Long centre column. When you buy the tripod it comes with a short centre column that you can use to replace the long one, such that when the tripod goes low, so does your camera!
    Urm...just remember to retract all the 3 legs when you go low angle or else you'll be kinda looking stoopid... "you" refering to every one and no one, okayz?
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

wah mai siao leh..
    you don't believe me har? I'm serious wan... since I never extend my center column, might as well shorten it. CF very easy to cut wan....

your centre column don't have short one?
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

you don't believe me har? I'm serious wan... since I never extend my center column, might as well shorten it. CF very easy to cut wan....
    You should recommend that route to Skylover and see how he takes it... I think if you don't plan to sell your poddie in the future, should be okay to saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    I think Benro didn't provide short column...

Come to think of it, why not find a suitable broom / mop stick har? Apply carbon fibre sticker around it to bluff bluff a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    mine har? It's quite short.
    It doesn't come with 2 columns though.
    Not that I would need the longer one When all legs fully extended, top of ballhead already up to my chin (about 1.7x m)

That I donch know... maybe salemen talk... Well, not really G20 no use... maybe in future you wanna upgrade poddie, you still can use the G20 wat...
    Quote Originally Posted by jeezuinn View Post
    I wont say its no use ba. If in future you wanna upgrade the tripod but not the ball head, you can still keep the G20 haha. For me the N2204 max load is 15 kg i think. I simply got that with the G20 so that i wont have to worry bout upgrading for a while haha.

For the 2nd part im not aware of it.
    Hahahah knock yourself out. If it's really dim, I think even f/1.2 also not enough!

I would advise a bit of scepticism with regards to rated load capability of the various support equipment. At the moment none of them follow any international standard with regards to measuring this load capacity.

That being said, logically speaking if the center of gravity of your camera+ lens is DIRECTLY above the stem of the ballhead, that creates the least amount of stress on the ballhead. I guesstimate even 40 or 50kg on it will be fine. Once you start going into weird angles (eg propping the camera into portrait orientation, etc), then you create stress on the ballhead, and have a chance for the ballhead to slip/creep.
    ok check liao G10 max load is 18kg while G20 max load is 20kg. also not much diff.

min. have to get G10 thou it is redundant since the tripod can only tahan 10kg

You should recommend that route to Skylover and see how he takes it... I think if you don't plan to sell your poddie in the future, should be okay to saw it.
    resisting the temptation to saw it

Unless I sell it to someone who's 1.95m tall, chances are the center column won't be extended

mine har? It's quite short.
    It doesn't come with 2 columns though.
    Not that I would need the longer one When all legs fully extended, top of ballhead already up to my chin (about 1.7x m)
    Actually, Sirui should just provide short one... the sell the long one separate for those who don't really know how to use poddie... or want extra height out of it...

Actually, mine hor, if you fully extend with long column comes up to about 1650 without ballhead...

ok check liao G10 max load is 18kg while G20 max load is 20kg. also not much diff.

See? It pays to do a bit of homework... But saying is saying, you better go test it out yourself with your cam+heaviest lens and flash...just so it won't creep.... what's on paper dunno can be guaranteed or not...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 13th October 2010 at 12:53 PM.

Personally i believe all the max load stated are actually much less than what it can actually take. Don't worry too much about it. Either combination will be able to take our D90 with no prob at all

can take more than 10kg la... don't scared...

You obviously haven't seen a steel bolt about size 10mm diameter hold up 500kg of weight...

In that case, since everyone sayz okay, hoot ah!!! Mai tu liao!

In that case, since everyone sayz okay, hoot ah!!! Mai tu liao!
    yeah lor...
    price ok.
    height ok.
    feel ok.
    looks ok.

whaddaya waiting for?

D90 plus kit lens how heavy ah? typical flash confirm less then 1kg

D90 plus kit lens how heavy ah? typical flash confirm less then 1kg
    should be within 1.5kg to 2kg one lah... Unless you arm yourself with the 70-200mm VRII...

so light nia... in fact I once commented tt it feels too light. Then all the suggestions of a D700 come.
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4