Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 589101112152035 ... LastLast

Thread: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Part IV

Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Part IV

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Yups, most ballheads do not come with one... get one that uses arcas swiss type mounts. Those you can interchange with other brands so if you switch ballhead or plate, you still can use either.

Vibration control as in how the tripod legs disperse the vibrations - go to the stores for a demonstration. Not refering to the rubber pads on the plates.

Don't ask me and ZCA about ballheads coz we'll do the Markins dance on you...
    got demo one ah?

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    Besides ballheads, there are pan heads and gear heads I think.

You're right. The difference is in the number of segments. With the number of segments different, it means a difference in the length when kept, as well as the thickness of the last segment. Generally, thicker last segments = more stability.

Why bother about the branding? Can use, good to use, comfortable with it enough liao. Haha. Their G10 or G20 ballhead is more than enough for D90. Unless you test it with all the heaviest lenses and the battery grip.

And yes. Adapter plates are the metal plates, AKA face plates. Got a few ways of calling it ah. Haha.

Vibration control refers to the dampening ability of the tripod. How far the vibration travels, and how fast it is 'absorbed'.

Hope this helps, if anyone sees tt I'm wrong, kindly correct me.
    more segment better ah?

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    errr.... no.
    But it's extremely good value-for-money.
    Sirui G10 and G20 are one of the few "arca-swiss style" ballheads that come included with the camera plate. Benro's KB-series and PhotoClam, Markins, etc don't.

* ok guys... as advised by mod, we should try to keep the discussions on this thread specifically to the D90 itself. Maybe compatibility with lenses/flash still all right, but tripod is going a bit off course already
    G10 and G20 like not much diff sia.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
    got demo one ah?
    If you go to TK photo right, you can actually try out the tripods, and the staffs are very nice and friendly there. They will be most willing to assist you. While specs you see on paper may be convincing, nothing beats trying out for yourself haha.

more segment better ah?
    Less segment would be preferred. More segments mean that it would be more compact when kept, but it also means that the last segment's leg would be thinner, therefore less stable, or less load bearing capability.

I cant say much for these two since i only have the G20. However i've seen the G10 and it seems really small. Since the price difference isnt much, i would definitely pay more for the G20 and not worry about having to change the ballhead in that near a future

Like that might as well say Markins Q3 and RRS BH-40 not much diff. Both look like ballheads.
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by jeezuinn View Post
    If you go to TK photo right, you can actually try out the tripods, and the staffs are very nice and friendly there. They will be most willing to assist you. While specs you see on paper may be convincing, nothing beats trying out for yourself haha.

Less segment would be preferred. More segments mean that it would be more compact when kept, but it also means that the last segment's leg would be thinner, therefore less stable, or less load bearing capability.

I cant say much for these two since i only have the G20. However i've seen the G10 and it seems really small. Since the price difference isnt much, i would definitely pay more for the G20 and not worry about having to change the ballhead in that near a future
    thanks! you are also using sirui tripod?

Like that might as well say Markins Q3 and RRS BH-40 not much diff. Both look like ballheads.
    wah dont like that say leh im still new..

what i meant was the difference in spec between G10 and G20..

yeah im using N2204.

I never go read up the spec diff, but i see the G10 so small i a bit scared. Kiasu a bit and went with the G20.

Bro, you're using which tripod? The Nxxxx series?
    I heard that G20 is bigger than the base on the T1004 tripod.

Bro, you're using which tripod? The Nxxxx series?
    I heard that G20 is bigger than the base on the T1004 tripod.
    yeah the N2204. Smiles using the T1004 with the G20 ma, if i not wrong. IIRC cannot reverse fold for the T1004 and G20 cause the G20 too fat, the legs dont fold nicely

Yup yup. I'm using T1004X. Ok la. When you think about it it's not tt much bulkier also. I quite tua jiat leh. If carry small small cute cute tripod a bit weird ah. Haha. But there's the risk of knocking my ballhead onto something. Oh well, next time upgrade to........

MARKINS!
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

yeah im using N2204.

I never go read up the spec diff, but i see the G10 so small i a bit scared. Kiasu a bit and went with the G20.
    your N-2204 + G20 can cost up to $500 sia!

Yup yup. I'm using T1004X. Ok la. When you think about it it's not tt much bulkier also. I quite tua jiat leh. If carry small small cute cute tripod a bit weird ah. Haha. But there's the risk of knocking my ballhead onto something. Oh well, next time upgrade to........

MARKINS!
    gonna abandon your T1004 + G20 liao ah?

heheheh...

G20 is noticeably larger than G10... If you put them side by side the difference is very obvious.
    Larger ball usually means less force required to 'clamp' the ball, thus smoother operation in general and less worry about the ball slipping under load (casually referred to as 'creep').

My Benro C-257 (CF tripod) and Markins Q3e is >$600
    hopefully I made the right choice. SHOULD NOT require an upgrade anytime soon

Actually it costs exactly $500 haha. See what you need loh. My friend didnt need the monopod, so he went for the R series. 100+ cheaper i think. Personally i picked N cos i liked the monopod, very useful when i shoot macro haha. The height of N is SLIGHTLY too tall for me. After fully extending the legs without extending centre column, with the D90 mounted the viewfinder is just nice at my eye. It means that i need to tip-toe to see the LCD panel on top. The R series one is slightly shorter,which would have been better for my height since im short haha

heheheh...

G20 is noticeably larger than G10... If you put them side by side the difference is very obvious.
    Larger ball usually means less force required to 'clamp' the ball, thus smoother operation in general and less worry about the ball slipping under load (casually referred to as 'creep').
    I was actually pretty impressed by the G20. Very smooth operation, and for my current set up i have no issues whatsoever with it. Definitely worth the little extra top up from G10

Wah stress.
    Hope I manage to book the courts
    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Don't stress lah! If don't have nevermind loh, wait for the next booking session! At least don't have to ask like siao who are the likely candidates to call for the next time, right?
    sian... missed by mere seconds I think. The moment it hit 12 midnight (I was clicking repeatedly just seconds earlier), I got into the screen and saw the evening slots blocked out already.
    Maybe can try for those CC ones... I check it out.

sian... missed by mere seconds I think. The moment it hit 12 midnight (I was clicking repeatedly just seconds earlier), I got into the screen and saw the evening slots blocked out already.
    Wa the bookings so hard one ah? Filling like hotcakes

That's fast. Or tmr i go Radin Mas CC n ask or can book online.
    Ain't too clever but definitely not stupid. Hey guys, just wanna learn....

I checked online for many many CCs on tues 19th... all booked out in the evening slots. For People's Association venues, they allow booking up to 2 weeks ahead. ie now can book until tues 26th.
    ALL FULL

shows that demand for sports venues is voracious.... time to harass our MPs...

Haha. If want softbox must look for muscle man? Erm... Does pasay know about the change in venue?
    You've just volunteered yourself to inform him

thanks smiles88. too busy at the office earlier, couldnt open the CS window for more than 10 secs at a time. and the rate you guys have been chatting all day, it'll take me more than a few minutes to read through the day's worth of chatter.
    a Nikon body, some lenses, a flash, and a whole lot of dusty photos

Quote Originally Posted by pasay View Post

thanks smiles88. too busy at the office earlier, couldnt open the CS window for more than 10 secs at a time. and the rate you guys have been chatting all day, it'll take me more than a few minutes to read through the day's worth of chatter.
    Ok
    Just glad you have been informed of the updates!!

Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 589101112152035 ... LastLast