Thread: i see double.

Default i see double.

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
    composition & sharpness.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
    just wanna bring out the best angle of MBS, Helix and the weird egg shape structure.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    well, it was my 2nd or 3rd time experiencing landscaping, hope to get some nice shots.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
    i feel it can be better as the water was quite choppy and hence the not very clear reflection. overall, it was a field test for my tokina 11-16 lens with my 7D.

C&C are most welcome. glad to learn from the experienced shooters here. (:
    5DIII + 6D / 16-35 f2.8L II / 24-70 f2.8L II / 70-200 f2.8L II / Σ35A / Σ85

Default Re: i see double.

in this case to properly critique, you have to provide the exif data of the photo.
    sharpness is not there. this can be due to a variety of reasons. eg. handheld, didn't use remote to trigger the shutter, tripod not stable.....

in terms of composition, if you want to show the reflections, then the reflections shouldn't be cut off. Overall feel of the photos is that it is right heavy. The constructions lights reflecting off the egg (exhibition hall) is too bright causing the this part of the photo to clip. Solution is probably you might want to change the timing of your shoot to between 6:30-7:30pm instead and a black card might help.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Coolthough has already mentioned two main problems with your photo:

1. The composition is right-heavy. Very much so.
    2. The reflections are cut off prematurely which kills your photo in this instance.

Another thing to add, your exposure here is very poor. MBS looks slightly underexposed to me, while the "weird egg" structure, as you put it, is severely overexposed and hence blown out until it is nothing more than a white mass for most of it. I suggest you do an exposure blend instead of using a single exposure. This will help even out the exposure.
    Olympian

thanks both for the advise! will try again soon (:
    5DIII + 6D / 16-35 f2.8L II / 24-70 f2.8L II / 70-200 f2.8L II / Σ35A / Σ85

Blog Entries

On top of the points already mentioned, I think you did not give enough room on top of MBS.

A suggestion, you might want to shoot near the entry of the helix bridge. That view will give you a more balanced composition (example below). But this scene is starting to get old, since almost everyone shoots from there.