Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Need help on should i do an upgrading of lens

  1. #1
    Member xxrenxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Eunos
    Posts
    1,008

    Default Need help on should i do an upgrading of lens

    I'm on my kit lens now and had my 1st pentax few months back, but due to studies and part-time work, i seldom got time to use my camera not to mention the "skill". But i always wanted to get a new lens to replace my 18-55, in mind is the tammy 28-75. So question now is, should i just stick with my kit lens until i have better skill or should i just get my tammy and learn slowly pick up from there? I know this is a silly question, but i'm sure there afew ppl that's like this and tell me what should i go for

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Member dingaroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Singapore | East
    Posts
    1,950

    Default Re: Need help on should i do an upgrading of lens

    kit lens + no skill = bad pic

    tammy lens + no skill = bad pic

    kit lens + skills = picture


    Hope you understand this equation.

    Cheeers!
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

  3. #3

    Default Re: Need help on should i do an upgrading of lens

    Quote Originally Posted by xxrenxx View Post
    I'm on my kit lens now and had my 1st pentax few months back, but due to studies and part-time work, i seldom got time to use my camera not to mention the "skill". But i always wanted to get a new lens to replace my 18-55, in mind is the tammy 28-75. So question now is, should i just stick with my kit lens until i have better skill or should i just get my tammy and learn slowly pick up from there? I know this is a silly question, but i'm sure there afew ppl that's like this and tell me what should i go for

    Thanks
    The general rule is if you don't know if you should upgrade, you probably don't, cos you don't know what is limiting you and what exactly do you need.

    Your kit lens is more than sufficient for you to pick up the skills needed, you should stick with it till you know what you really need in a new lens.

  4. #4
    Member xxrenxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Eunos
    Posts
    1,008

    Default Re: Need help on should i do an upgrading of lens

    Quote Originally Posted by dingaroo View Post
    kit lens + no skill = bad pic

    tammy lens + no skill = bad pic

    kit lens + skills = picture


    Hope you understand this equation.

    Cheeers!
    Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    The general rule is if you don't know if you should upgrade, you probably don't, cos you don't know what is limiting you and what exactly do you need.

    Your kit lens is more than sufficient for you to pick up the skills needed, you should stick with it till you know what you really need in a new lens.
    Thanks for your kindness reply bros, now i know what i should do. Instead of wasting my hardearn part-time pay for a new lens, i will stick to my kit lens now and slowly pick up from there. Will then do an upgrade after i pick up my skill

    Thanks again!!!

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Singapore (West)
    Posts
    690

    Default Re: Need help on should i do an upgrading of lens

    TS, I think u should close your thread now before you come under more fire..
    Cheers
    Canon 550D | EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6IS | EF 50mm f/1.8II |
    My Humble Flickr

  6. #6
    Member xxrenxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Eunos
    Posts
    1,008

    Default Re: Need help on should i do an upgrading of lens

    Quote Originally Posted by Diluted View Post
    TS, I think u should close your thread now before you come under more fire..
    Cheers
    Alright, will do

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •