Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Samsung NX100 Review

Default Re: Samsung NX100 Review

quite good pics. how does it compare to using a good compact, handling-wise?
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

Blog Entries

the camera handles great .... if u look at the earlier pics in this thread, there is a clear area where the thumb can rest without accidentally re-setting or pressing some other buttons

user interface is a little different from Japanese style (like how its different driving a european car vs a japanese car) ...... but all in all it took me about 25-30mins of fiddling to figure it out vs. 15+ mins for most Japanese brand cameras...... BUT I am an old guy with major tech-phobia and a bald patch on top of my head (ha ha thats why i get cams to test out.... manufacturers want to know how long it takes idiots like me to get used to their systems

One thing strange they did was to keep the Disp button far far away from all other buttons...... Disp style choice is not important enough to have a dedicated button (who on earth keeps changing information layout style?)

Oh one other thing...... its a little overkill that there are 3 different ways (2 shortcuts and 1 via main menu) to adjust some settings like WB, ISO, EV+/- and ISO .......

One big wish for me is to have Samsung incorporate the EX-1's articulating AMOLED screen into the NX100
    Last edited by ed9119; 15th October 2010 at 10:49 PM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Is there a remote trigger available for the nx100?

Quote Originally Posted by Aikanaros View Post
    Is there a remote trigger available for the nx100?
    Yes. A wired remote control is available which can be used for both the NX10 and NX100.

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    Oh one other thing...... its a little overkill that there are 3 different ways (2 shortcuts and 1 via main menu) to adjust some settings like WB, ISO, EV+/- and ISO .......
    Not actually, because not all samsung lenses has Ifn function.
    I dunno!!!
    It's banana-zero-neh. :)

Quote Originally Posted by denizenx View Post
    quite good pics. how does it compare to using a good compact, handling-wise?
    I thought the NX100 is not much smaller than the NX10... the difference is mainly "styling" which I think is not useful.

it gives up the rubber grip, EVF and flash to be a little bit smaller. And it is really only a little bit smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    Yes. A wired remote control is available which can be used for both the NX10 and NX100.
    Ug... Actually i was looking for a wireless one. Preferably one with RF that could make it trigger more than 10 meters away....

How much did any of you bought this camera or received a quote?

I know, I can call those shops up myself, but was too lazy at the present, hope that someone could give me rough guide on how much I am looking at.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Blog Entries

just walked around Best Denki ...... high 700ish with kit zoom i think .......... with its feature set and APS-C sized sensor , i think thats a pretty good deal

Video Missing

Video Missing
    Last edited by ed9119; 25th October 2010 at 11:37 PM.
    Walkeast

NX100 RAW is now supported by Abode under Camera RAW 6.3 and Lightroom 3.3 Release Candidate versions.

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/cameraraw6-3.html

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/lightroom3-3.html

New firmware (ver 1.01) has been released by Samsung for the NX100.
    It promises better AF accuracy in Night mode and improves system stability.

Get it here:
    http://www.samsungimaging.com/learn/...angPrdSeq=6129

today i went to my friend's house who is a nikon user, having a 80-200 Nikkor.

because i got myself a nikon adapter for my NX100, we thought of an unholy marriage:

MF is really hard though, 2 hands on the lens, with the small body dangling around..

and this is the test result:

i'd suggest NX users to stick to samsung zoom lenses, as its easier on the hands..

Quote Originally Posted by skybala View Post
    MF is really hard though, 2 hands on the lens, with the small body dangling around..

...................... .............................

err. does it break the original purpose of having small body? be careful, you may spoil the camera's mount.

Blog Entries

haw haw haw...... omg ...its like mating a chihuahua with a great dane
    Walkeast

Just bought the Samsung NX100 over the E-PL2.

Pros:
    1) APS-C Sensor
    2) Better Lens Selection than Sony NEX. Strong line up for 2011. Including an incoming 84mm f 1.4.
    3) Lower Noise than Micro Four Thirds though not by a substantial amount
    4) 30mm f2 gives a noticeable better bokeh than the olympus e-pl2 paired with 20mm f 1.7 due to the larger sensor. The bokeh swayed my decision to the Samsung.
    5) DSLR shooters will find themselves at home here with dedicated WB, ISO, AEL, ISO, Focus Point Selection, exposure compensation and Dual Dials for shutter and aperture. It is good for shooting manual and semi-auto on the fly.
    6) Start up and auto-focus is fast and responsive. I should mention that the E-PL2 is a lot faster than the E-PL1 and E-P2. I did say E-PL2 is comparable to GF1,GF2 and the NX100 for both autofocus and startup. E-PL2 is a major upgrade in terms of speed.
    7) Artistic Effects can be added in camera after shooting which is a big plus. Some of the better effects included are Vignetting, Miniaturize, and Gloomy. I miss the dramatic tone on the new E-PL2 though. Effects can be cascaded together. Faster shooting and less photoshopping.
    8) Exceptional details with 30mm f2.
    9) Easy selection of AF points while shooting.
    10) If you like bokeh, the NX100 does it better than the Micro Four Thirds and a lot better than NEX.
    11) More compact than the NX10. Obviously.

Cons:
    1) No in-body stabilizer. you are probably limitied to Zoom lenses offered by Samsung unless it is a fast lens, wide angle lens or that you have a super steady hand.
    2) No optical stabilizer for the decent kit iFN 20-50mm lens. You probably won't noticed it due to the short focal length. E-PL2 packs a better kit lens with wider angle. Hand held 1 to 2 seconds exposure are less likely to be usable.
    3) Lesser Lens selection compared to Micro Four Thirds.
    4) Usable ISO only up to 800. 1600 and up are only for small prints. ISO 6400 is probably useless unless you are shooting B&W.
    5) No AF+MF unlike the E-PL2 which allows you to quickly Auto-Focus and do manual tweaking. Makes up for it with easy AF point selection, but i still prefer AF+MF on the e-pl2.
    6) No built in Flash is a major boon. It comes bundled with Flash but it requires 2 x AA to use and adds bulk.
    7) Noise handling at high iso is not as good as Sony's NEX.
    Last edited by ranma-cs; 24th January 2011 at 01:15 PM.

Juz gt my NX 100 after comparing with Sony NEX 3D...btw wat is the firmware for?

Quote Originally Posted by whocarez71 View Post
    Juz gt my NX 100 after comparing with Sony NEX 3D...btw wat is the firmware for?
    Firmware is just the operating system for your camera. Manufacturers usually update this to correct some issues or to bring in new features, just like your android phone 1.6... 2.1, 2.1-update 1 and so on and so forth...
    Last edited by banana0ne; 24th January 2011 at 12:53 PM.
    I dunno!!!
    It's banana-zero-neh. :)

What puzzles me the most is why the need for a prime at 20mm when the zoom kit already starts at 20mm? Juz for the F2.8? I feel its like a waste to repeat the same FL. Perhaps a 17 or 16mm prime can complement better? JMHO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12