Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: watermark and resolution

  1. #1

    Default watermark and resolution

    Hi there, I am new in this photography industry. Any idea about the watermark and resolution that normally we use to put on our photo before upload to any internet or website? Please advice...

  2. #2
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: watermark and resolution

    Quote Originally Posted by right550 View Post
    Hi there, I am new in this photography industry. Any idea about the watermark and resolution that normally we use to put on our photo before upload to any internet or website? Please advice...
    watermark or signature is up to you.

    as for size, most would reccomend that you keep it to about 640 x 480 at least or bigger like 800 x 600.

    Too big and you won't be able to browse it properly on most layouts. Too small and there are no details left.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  3. #3

    Default Re: watermark and resolution

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    watermark or signature is up to you.

    as for size, most would reccomend that you keep it to about 640 x 480 at least or bigger like 800 x 600.

    Too big and you won't be able to browse it properly on most layouts. Too small and there are no details left.
    Thanks for your reply.

    Should the watermark include your email address?

    As for the size, I just thinking that is there any possibility that others people using your photo to do some commercial activity if your photo size is big?

  4. #4
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: watermark and resolution

    Quote Originally Posted by right550 View Post
    Thanks for your reply.

    Should the watermark include your email address?

    As for the size, I just thinking that is there any possibility that others people using your photo to do some commercial activity if your photo size is big?
    It's up to you.

    Yes, I keep the online size up to 800 x 600 only as no one can get any usable images for printing at that size.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  5. #5

    Default Re: watermark and resolution

    Quote Originally Posted by right550 View Post
    Thanks for your reply.

    Should the watermark include your email address?

    As for the size, I just thinking that is there any possibility that others people using your photo to do some commercial activity if your photo size is big?
    If you enjoy getting spammed, sure, include your email address... :P
    Alpha

  6. #6

    Default Re: watermark and resolution

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    If you enjoy getting spammed, sure, include your email address... :P
    It is true also...However, if I would like to sell my photo if someone sees it interesting?

  7. #7

    Default Re: watermark and resolution

    Quote Originally Posted by right550 View Post
    It is true also...However, if I would like to sell my photo if someone sees it interesting?
    Then they can contact you by PM. Though if you want to sell your photos, you should have a registered business account and a website, then you can put the website URL on the photo as the watermark.
    Alpha

  8. #8
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: watermark and resolution

    Quote Originally Posted by right550 View Post
    It is true also...However, if I would like to sell my photo if someone sees it interesting?
    Believe me, these situations will be very rare, even if your photos are good.

    You can try by signing up at stock photography sites.

  9. #9
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: watermark and resolution

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    If you enjoy getting spammed, sure, include your email address... :P
    Heck no! I never included my e-mail, and yet they some how managed to spam me! Curious how one can get hooked up by Gettys and the likes as well.
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 8th October 2010 at 11:14 AM.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  10. #10
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: watermark and resolution

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Heck no! I never included my e-mail, and yet they some how managed to spam me! Curious how one can get hooked up by Gettys and the likes as well.
    here you go...

    http://contributors.gettyimages.com/...thus/index.asp
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  11. #11

    Default Re: watermark and resolution

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Believe me, these situations will be very rare, even if your photos are good.

    You can try by signing up at stock photography sites.
    Mind to ask you, which stock photography sites that you are referring or recommended?

  12. #12
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: watermark and resolution

    Quote Originally Posted by right550 View Post
    Mind to ask you, which stock photography sites that you are referring or recommended?
    istock, dreamstime, shutterstock,
    just to let you know most sites need you to submit some of your works for review before accepting you.
    some sites will even want you to take a theory test before you able to submit any samples of your work.
    after being accept as contributors,
    it does not mean whatever images you submit will be accepted, each images are subject to inspection base on stock-worthy, technical proficiency and key-wordings.

    it is a lot of hard work shooting for stock imaging, and if you are good, put in some efforts, and persistence, you should able to see some return in one or two years time.
    Last edited by catchlights; 8th October 2010 at 01:33 PM.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  13. #13

    Default Re: watermark and resolution

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    istock, dreamstime, shutterstock,
    just to let you know most sites need you to submit some of your works for review before accepting you.
    some sites will even want you to take a theory test before you able to submit any samples of your work.
    after being accept as contributors,
    it does not mean whatever images you submit will be accepted, each images are subject to inspection base on stock-worthy, technical proficiency and key-wordings.

    it is a lot of hard work shooting for stock imaging, and if you are good, put in some efforts, and persistence, you should able to see some return in one or two years time.
    thank you...Unless now I understand.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •