Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Please recommend a DSLR backpack

  1. #1

    Default Please recommend a DSLR backpack

    1. need a compartment for netbook (10.1")

    2. D90 + 4 lens (10-24, 18-105, 70-300, 35)

    3. tripod holder

    4. bottle water holder

    Do not want:

    1. primus minimus, side opening too small

    2. vanguard uprise, too plastic

    budget, can reconsider
    D90|10-24mm f3.5-4.5G|70-300mm VR f/4.5-5.6G|18-105mm VR f/3.5-5.6G|35mm f/1.8|SB700|MB-D80

  2. #2
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Please recommend a DSLR backpack

    Kata 3n1 series?

  3. #3

    Default Re: Please recommend a DSLR backpack

    Thinktank SW series

  4. #4

    Default Re: Please recommend a DSLR backpack

    Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    Kata 3n1 series?
    i notice this kata 3n1 22, can put netbk, but the width seems narrow

    anyone knows whether can put d90 + 70-300 mounted?
    D90|10-24mm f3.5-4.5G|70-300mm VR f/4.5-5.6G|18-105mm VR f/3.5-5.6G|35mm f/1.8|SB700|MB-D80

  5. #5

    Default Re: Please recommend a DSLR backpack

    Quote Originally Posted by ckkent View Post
    Thinktank SW series
    no netbk compartment...
    D90|10-24mm f3.5-4.5G|70-300mm VR f/4.5-5.6G|18-105mm VR f/3.5-5.6G|35mm f/1.8|SB700|MB-D80

  6. #6
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Please recommend a DSLR backpack

    Quote Originally Posted by desertstrike View Post
    i notice this kata 3n1 22, can put netbk, but the width seems narrow

    anyone knows whether can put d90 + 70-300 mounted?
    Should be able to.It can also fit a 70-200 f2.8 unattached.Do consider the Tamrac 5788 too

  7. #7

    Default Re: Please recommend a DSLR backpack

    Quote Originally Posted by desertstrike View Post
    no netbk compartment...
    TT SW harddrive got laptop compartment.

    If HD version is too big for u, get the PRO version. I can put my 10" netbook inside main compartment with my camera gear...

  8. #8
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Please recommend a DSLR backpack

    Quote Originally Posted by desertstrike View Post
    i notice this kata 3n1 22, can put netbk, but the width seems narrow

    anyone knows whether can put d90 + 70-300 mounted?
    Can easily fit that. With lots of room to spare too.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,701

    Default Re: Please recommend a DSLR backpack

    when in doubt, just bring all your gears to try out before you make your purchase.
    Shot more cos digital is FREE !!!

  10. #10

    Default Re: Please recommend a DSLR backpack

    Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    Should be able to.It can also fit a 70-200 f2.8 unattached.Do consider the Tamrac 5788 too
    okie! but this bag doesn't have the water bottle holder ar?
    D90|10-24mm f3.5-4.5G|70-300mm VR f/4.5-5.6G|18-105mm VR f/3.5-5.6G|35mm f/1.8|SB700|MB-D80

  11. #11

    Default Re: Please recommend a DSLR backpack

    Quote Originally Posted by ckkent View Post
    TT SW harddrive got laptop compartment.

    If HD version is too big for u, get the PRO version. I can put my 10" netbook inside main compartment with my camera gear...
    hmm... can u take a pic show me? haha
    D90|10-24mm f3.5-4.5G|70-300mm VR f/4.5-5.6G|18-105mm VR f/3.5-5.6G|35mm f/1.8|SB700|MB-D80

  12. #12

    Default Re: Please recommend a DSLR backpack

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Can easily fit that. With lots of room to spare too.
    thats good~!
    D90|10-24mm f3.5-4.5G|70-300mm VR f/4.5-5.6G|18-105mm VR f/3.5-5.6G|35mm f/1.8|SB700|MB-D80

  13. #13
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Please recommend a DSLR backpack

    Quote Originally Posted by desertstrike View Post
    okie! but this bag doesn't have the water bottle holder ar?
    Dun have but you can put it inside the top compartment or just clip it to the strap...

  14. #14

    Default Re: Please recommend a DSLR backpack

    Quote Originally Posted by desertstrike View Post
    hmm... can u take a pic show me? haha
    It is something like this http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/mul...id=7-9320-9876

    But i put my netbook vertically in stead of horizontally as shown in the page above.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Please recommend a DSLR backpack

    Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    Dun have but you can put it inside the top compartment or just clip it to the strap...
    oh icic, thanks for the info!!
    D90|10-24mm f3.5-4.5G|70-300mm VR f/4.5-5.6G|18-105mm VR f/3.5-5.6G|35mm f/1.8|SB700|MB-D80

  16. #16

    Default Re: Please recommend a DSLR backpack

    Quote Originally Posted by ckkent View Post
    It is something like this http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/mul...id=7-9320-9876

    But i put my netbook vertically in stead of horizontally as shown in the page above.
    oh! so the width of the bag can actually slip in a netbook, the bag must be rather "thick" in the cross section.
    D90|10-24mm f3.5-4.5G|70-300mm VR f/4.5-5.6G|18-105mm VR f/3.5-5.6G|35mm f/1.8|SB700|MB-D80

  17. #17

    Default Re: Please recommend a DSLR backpack

    try KATA DR-466 if your need a laptop slot...

    I just got my DR-465 ... very nice bag... i dont need a laptop slot because i will use it as walkaround bag...

  18. #18

    Default Re: Please recommend a DSLR backpack

    Quote Originally Posted by mackie8 View Post
    try KATA DR-466 if your need a laptop slot...

    I just got my DR-465 ... very nice bag... i dont need a laptop slot because i will use it as walkaround bag...
    icic, hmm... thanks for the suggestion, but i dun really like the shape of this, great bag though!
    D90|10-24mm f3.5-4.5G|70-300mm VR f/4.5-5.6G|18-105mm VR f/3.5-5.6G|35mm f/1.8|SB700|MB-D80

  19. #19

    Default Re: Please recommend a DSLR backpack

    to CKKENT:

    by the way, the thinktank bag that u r using also has no water bottle holder rite?
    D90|10-24mm f3.5-4.5G|70-300mm VR f/4.5-5.6G|18-105mm VR f/3.5-5.6G|35mm f/1.8|SB700|MB-D80

  20. #20

    Default Re: Please recommend a DSLR backpack

    Quote Originally Posted by desertstrike View Post
    to CKKENT:

    by the way, the thinktank bag that u r using also has no water bottle holder rite?
    There is an expandable side pocket on each side of the bag. i usually put water bottle on 1 side and then umbrella on the other side.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •