Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: where to buy silica gel and compact tripod

  1. #1

    Default where to buy silica gel and compact tripod

    hi,
    i'm looking for those big bottles of silica gel, lazy to everytime buy those small bottles one, where can i get it?

    another thing is tht i'm interested in those compact tripods like the benro travel angel but it's too pricey for me. any other brands tht can recommend tht has similar product with cheaper prices? my heaviest is only a D90 + tokina 80-200 F2.8 lens

  2. #2

    Default Re: where to buy silica gel and compact tripod

    usually reheating the silica gel in a microwave oven would do just fine. You dont need to buy again and again once it turns pink. For a small budget tripod maybe you can look at the mass sales section. They are selling the fancier tripod for around $68 or sirui at $180 with ballhead
    7D w/ 70-300mm/50mm1.8/70-200F4L/17-50mm F2.8

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,700

    Default Re: where to buy silica gel and compact tripod

    think you can get from those camera shops . . . i strongly suggest that you invest in a dry cabinet. Will save you alot of trouble too.
    Shot more cos digital is FREE !!!

  4. #4

    Default Re: where to buy silica gel and compact tripod

    I saw the bigger bottles of silicia gel for sale at TK. I believe all camera stores have it. I think Harvey Norman has it as well.

    However, it is better to get a dry cabinet.
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

  5. #5

    Default Re: where to buy silica gel and compact tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by jed091270 View Post
    usually reheating the silica gel in a microwave oven would do just fine.
    Are you sure that is fine ?

    1. I do not recommend using silica gel ( or rather beans at all, unless its the orange type ) , let alone reheating

    2. To reheat silica in a microwave, and to reheat food in the same microwave is the same as long term suicide to me.

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=757325



    To TS, a dry cabinet is only $118. Its the best $118 spent to house all the expensive optical equipment in an controlled enviroment. If you cannot afford that, wait for a 2nd hand one in B & S. Some bros here sell the 30L ones when they upgrade.

  6. #6
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: where to buy silica gel and compact tripod

    Boy this sounds like the other hobby that i'm into as well... Buy compressor versus compressed air cans for airbrushing work...

    For the longer run... go for the best fix... buying 20 cans of compressed air = 1 good compressor...

    Seriously, redrying the silicon gels is a lot of hassle in the long run... I'd NEVER dry them in my microwave or "fry" them with the kitchen wok... man... think of the chemistry that might be happening when you swallow your home cooked meal the next time...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 6th October 2010 at 01:56 PM.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  7. #7

    Default Re: where to buy silica gel and compact tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by jed091270 View Post
    usually reheating the silica gel in a microwave oven would do just fine. You dont need to buy again and again once it turns pink. For a small budget tripod maybe you can look at the mass sales section. They are selling the fancier tripod for around $68 or sirui at $180 with ballhead
    i have the fancier on, still too long imo. i saw the benro travel angel, so much smaller

  8. #8

    Default Re: where to buy silica gel and compact tripod

    Yeah Im aware of the negative effects in using the same microwave to reheat food and use to reheat silica gel at the same time. I think its a common sense for someone not to use the same equipment for reheating foodstuff...Definitely agood recommendation would be to buy a dry cabinet even on the BnS section. note
    Quote Originally Posted by stonefish35 View Post
    Are you sure that is fine ?

    1. I do not recommend using silica gel ( or rather beans at all, unless its the orange type ) , let alone reheating

    2. To reheat silica in a microwave, and to reheat food in the same microwave is the same as long term suicide to me.

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=757325



    To TS, a dry cabinet is only $118. Its the best $118 spent to house all the expensive optical equipment in an controlled enviroment. If you cannot afford that, wait for a 2nd hand one in B & S. Some bros here sell the 30L ones when they upgrade.
    7D w/ 70-300mm/50mm1.8/70-200F4L/17-50mm F2.8

  9. #9

    Default Re: where to buy silica gel and compact tripod

    decided to buy a tripod online. it's this brand called horusbennu.

    about $180 with ballhead. cheapest one i can find that folds up like the benro travel angel

  10. #10
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: where to buy silica gel and compact tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by ahming111 View Post
    i have the fancier on, still too long imo. i saw the benro travel angel, so much smaller
    Quote Originally Posted by ahming111 View Post
    decided to buy a tripod online. it's this brand called horusbennu.

    about $180 with ballhead. cheapest one i can find that folds up like the benro travel angel
    You should look at the Sirui T-1005x. Aluminium version is only $180 with a good G10 ballhead. Sold at TK and comes with 6 years warranty.

    This small:
    Last edited by daredevil123; 8th October 2010 at 11:33 AM.

  11. #11

    Default Re: where to buy silica gel and compact tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    You should look at the Sirui T-1005x. Aluminium version is only $180 with a good G10 ballhead. Sold at TK and comes with 6 years warranty.

    This small:
    went TK t@ funan tht time, dnt have so cheap one leh. sigh, too bad lor

  12. #12
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: where to buy silica gel and compact tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by ahming111 View Post
    went TK t@ funan tht time, dnt have so cheap one leh. sigh, too bad lor
    Where got don't have?

    It is listed in their public price list also.

    http://www.facebook.com/tkfoto?v=app_6009294086

    Sirui T-1005x with G10 ballhead = $180. Upgrade to G20 ballhead = $195.

    Did you ask the staff there?

  13. #13

    Default Re: where to buy silica gel and compact tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Where got don't have?

    It is listed in their public price list also.

    http://www.facebook.com/tkfoto?v=app_6009294086

    Sirui T-1005x with G10 ballhead = $180. Upgrade to G20 ballhead = $195.

    Did you ask the staff there?
    nope, jus went in to have a look, didn't exactly had a model in mind, jus a budget in mind

  14. #14

    Default Re: where to buy silica gel and compact tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by ahming111 View Post
    nope, jus went in to have a look, didn't exactly had a model in mind, jus a budget in mind
    They do carry it, I got mine from there. It's just a matter of whether is there stock available or not.
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

  15. #15

    Default Re: where to buy silica gel and compact tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    They do carry it, I got mine from there. It's just a matter of whether is there stock available or not.
    sigh, too bad lor, really nvr see it. wld have bought this if i saw it since i can cash and carry.

    online one gotta wait but no choice liao since paid for it already

  16. #16

    Default Re: where to buy silica gel and compact tripod

    I just got mine a week ago but I changed the g10 with a G20 ballhead for $195. The guy told me it was the last piece. It's selling like hotcakes!!!
    7D w/ 70-300mm/50mm1.8/70-200F4L/17-50mm F2.8

  17. #17

    Default Re: where to buy silica gel and compact tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by jed091270 View Post
    I just got mine a week ago but I changed the g10 with a G20 ballhead for $195. The guy told me it was the last piece. It's selling like hotcakes!!!
    maybe u bought the last one cause it was last week tht i went to funan

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •