Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2338434647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: D7000 Discussion Thread II

Deregistered

Default Re: D7000 Discussion Thread II

Quote Originally Posted by jackychua View Post
    Yeap,same. I am waiting for their next shipment/batch too.
    My liveview on my set is horrible now. Colourful star all over the LCD. Luckily I din use liveview that much.
    Can post a photo of your LV for us to see how bad is it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rc311 View Post
    Hi Jacky,

Yes, everyone read the forum knew that it has HP issue but many had also highlighted this is normal for most CMOS sensor, it does not just happened on D7000, but happened on other brand and perhaps on some pro body too. Myself actually welcome your initial posting on the flaws that you facing, this give people like me another thought before getting this camera. But the numerous posts that you have also give me another thought, are you asking for a total perfection and flawless D7000 or you think that your investment is not worth. Both are not wrong as a consumer! We have the rights to ask for it but to what expectation is? This is individual.

I believe there are some many active csers that brought this camera too, and many are also facing this issue but only a few are making a fuss, wonder y? They have a lower expectation or they understand the engineering cycle of a new product?

People including myself are wondering the usage of your setting, y? Yes, we knew your mentality that you do not wish to compensate your preferred setting of the flaw but you are getting HP with that. IMO, I do not need to confined with 1 exp setting to obtain the effect of the shoot, but that just me.

Rather than just bothering about the little flaw this camera has currently, why don't we look at the overall performance? You have a 16m pixel camera with the latest 2016pixel rgb sensor, 39 focus point with a multi-cam 4800Dx af module, dual storage, iso 100-25600 and ... And most important, a close semi pro dsrl at a consumer pricing.

Live with it and enjoy your new toy, the flaw will be fixed.
    Well said. Lets move on.

Quote Originally Posted by WHH View Post
    Yes, I want ot see too. Please do so.

lets put it this way,
    what is so hard for a semi-pro dslr to produce a request by a lame photographer?
    is it?

ok lor, please go and buy a cheery qq, ask if it can go from 0-100km/h in 2 seconds, and then post everywhere on the net that this is a bloody lousy product that shouldn't be sold, blah blah blah.

you seem to neglect the very fact that this is a well known FACT that the car has its limitations in the first place.

same for the d7k.

Heh man.. Browsing ur blog. U took very nice pics.
    But for this one
    http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4090/...0516f53e_b.jpg
    I am not sure the upper right bright dot is reflection or Wat on by looking on my iPhone screen. But my bright hot pixel appears just like the photo Tat can draw attention easily. And mine is very bright and appear on every photo after long exp.
    you are very the boh liao. enough said.

f/11 burst out too much from the car headlights. making the photo become purely starburst photo.

f22 is used when i plug in tokina uwa.
    i used f32 when i plug in tamron or nikon lens.

starburst a little bit is nice. but if burst out too much.
    i don't know what the hell you are talking about.

but having over-pronounced star effect from STRONG sources is exactly what happens when you use things like f/22 or f/32.

f/11 would reduce the effect versus f/22 or f/32.... d'oh.

Quote Originally Posted by WHH View Post
    so far, only got talk, but i don't know if there is a photo in the first place.

let me tell you, my k-r got best DR in the world, got 22 stop highlights, the LV is beautiful, machiam someone shrink the world's best plasma tv and squeeze it into the 3" lcd.

my battery life, i shoot with the camera for 20 years liao, still haven't run out. i don't know where i put my charger. suspect pentax put a mini nuclear power plant inside the battery compartment, but i don't know, since i never opened it.

in the first place, when the scene is very dark and the live view has to boost the entire scene to show the details... you will get noise appearing in your live view...

ignorance is bliss.... so that people can continue on their quest for the Perfect Camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    Very happy user here, no complaints...
    Glad that there's many happy user here I'm definitely one of them, I'm so enthusiastic that I get a little 'carried away' into the 'buy buy buy', refraining myself now

Numnumball, are you the one who used the D7k for macro? They were nice O_O
    Last edited by PaulKami; 24th November 2010 at 02:22 PM.
    また再建しましょう~ ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post

let me tell you, my k-r got best DR in the world, got 22 stop highlights, the LV is beautiful, machiam someone shrink the world's best plasma tv and squeeze it into the 3" lcd.

my battery life, i shoot with the camera for 20 years liao, still haven't run out. i don't know where i put my charger. suspect pentax put a mini nuclear power plant inside the battery compartment, but i don't know, since i never opened it.

in the first place, when the scene is very dark and the live view has to boost the entire scene to show the details... you will get noise appearing in your live view...

ignorance is bliss.... so that people can continue on their quest for the Perfect Camera.
    hi.clubsnap is not the only photographing forum. google a bit and u can see those d7000 sample photo with hot pixel appearing, even on some of the famous review site.
    if your eyes sore looking at the complaints on this d7000 hot pixel issue although you are not affected. I am sorry for tat.
    I am not sure to be rude and shout at hobby photographer like me(super lame photographer) is your hobby? I didnt offend you in any post.

i am not a pro, I did not say that the settings that I am using is the perfect combination or your oppinion is wrong. but my d90 serve me well perfectly well for the same shooting style, just need a bit more post processing.

but one thing for sure. I am not the only one who is complaining about this issue. Some really pro guy on other forums actually exchanged so many sets of d7k body and finally returned it due to the issue.
    Last edited by jackychua; 24th November 2010 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post

read this. photo link is inside too.
    http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...t-Pixels/page3

i think i will just stop commenting or updating hot pixel issue over this forum. for people who concern, google and you can find most of the answer in the posts. just judge or consider base on the facts that you can see from the other forums.

and for those who interested, google iso 1600, f22 and you can find various photos using the setting. they tends to be a bit soft at f22, but it is not a rare setting.

i just want to highlight, normally people just send camera for pixel remapping to do away the hot pixels.
    but d7000 is different in this case, it cant be solved by doing that.

how and when nikon release a solution is just a matter of time. but those d7k in the market is still suffering the defect/QC issue until nikon sorted it out.
    thanks and sorry to sore your eyes with hot pixel issue or dump settings.
    Last edited by jackychua; 24th November 2010 at 03:47 PM.

Let hope no more angst over the hot pixel issue. Only time will tell D7K is defective. If you are a cautious buyer, please wait until dust settles. If you feel you have been burnt no point shouting in loud caps and hope people get in your side. It would take a lot more for early adopters to stop buying their favorite brand. History is behind Nikon with so many years making cameras. I always wanted to buy a Nikon since I saw the movie Apocalypse Now where the photojournalist was hanging a few nikons from his shoulders. Like kids in a toy store every Nikon fan waits impatiently for new models. The D7K is a game changer and did not dissapoint.

i think i will just stop commenting or updating hot pixel issue over this forum. for people who concern, google and you can find most of the answer in the posts. just judge or consider base on the facts that you can see from the other forums.
    i just want to highlight, normally people just send camera for pixel remapping to do away the hot pixels.
    but d7000 is different in this case, it cant be solved by doing that.

how and when nikon release a solution is just a matter of time. but those d7k in the market is still suffering the defect/QC issue until nikon sorted it out.
    thanks and sorry to sore your eyes with hot pixel issue or dump settings.
    Hi Jacky,

I think you still don't understand what these guys are telling you....

We all know D7000 has a hot pixel issue, maybe to some, it is unacceptable rate at the moment. But instead of using your usual exp setting that you are getting the eye sore hot pixel(s), you can another exp setting to achieve what you want, maybe with a less eye sore mini hot pixel! Photograhy is all about creativity, there is no wrong or right, it individual to each eye. Why must you restrict yourself to it?

Yes, I believe many of us really wish to see your creative photo with your stated exp with the eye sore hot pixel on it!!!

Why not you start posting on other forums with your requirement and see if you get similar comments here? I bet you will.

Come on, be a winner and not a loser.

Yes , of course .

Nikon will be happy if found a lot of customers like u :-) .

Quote Originally Posted by Rc311 View Post
    Yes, I believe many of us really wish to see your creative photo with your stated exp with the eye sore hot pixel on it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by biskandar View Post
    Yes , of course .

Nikon will be happy if found a lot of customers like u :-) .

You guys still talking about Hot pixel?? Not boring meh???

I was asking about the "focusing noise" from my lens when using LV mode... any bro has the same noise or just my D7000?

I believe the focusing noise is normal, happens to older models too

If you wanna cut the noise out , use an external mic but don't try using the Iphone provided earphone mic.

ic ic.... but very slow leh... I thought DSLR should be fast... using LV to take pictures is slower than using my Canon S95...

Quote Originally Posted by luna_sea83 View Post

If you wanna cut the noise out , use an external mic but don't try using the Iphone provided earphone mic.

Agreed, I remembered I read on Dpreview there also have someone post this thread about lens focusing noise when shooting video too.

Yes, I noticed of the noise produced when recording videos. I guess this is unavoidable

The best way is to isolate the noise source from your mic. Maybe getting an external mic source such as a shotgun mic from Sennheiser would help you. Of course, you can try a more expensive way too.

What I did is I gotten a ZOOM H4N (from Cathay, they got promotion now) and install on top of my camera. I still hear a softer noise from focus but what I gain is a stereo audio recording (need to sync @ video editing software though), and I got the freedom to isolate the noise source from the camera, thus 'eliminating' the noise from entering my video.

It's a standalone sound recorder, so I use it for my lecture anyway, multiple use for me
    Last edited by PaulKami; 24th November 2010 at 08:01 PM.
    また再建しましょう~ ^_^

Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2338434647484950 ... LastLast