Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2237424546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: D7000 Discussion Thread II

Default Re: D7000 Discussion Thread II

Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    Most people blame everything under the sky except themselves. Understanding on technical aspect and skill in photography seen to be history.

All my photo damn sucks because I need to compose myself, I still waiting Nikon to produce a camera that can float up in the air and compose for me. All I need is to press the shutter with a remote. Oh ya, the floating camera and VR in the lens must be stable enough to shoot at f/22 at 30sec.....and I will not tolerate any hot pixel.
    come on. you are the pro shooter doesnt mean others can do it in your way.

lets put it this way,
    what is so hard for a semi-pro dslr to produce a request by a lame photographer?

i think many of you just want to impress other people that you are the pro, and those who are complaining are dummy nuts who cant "compensate" the camera to shoot?

it is a known camera issue now, not discussing whether you are pro or not.
    people started to question on why i use that setting, after I explained, PRO start surfacing.
    but none of them talking about the exact issue, just trying to impress? oh no.

if discussion over the issue over this forum is not welcome and should be treated this way by PRO. then alright, should stop talking about it then. I feel more comfortable in other open forum that is helping rather then picking.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulKami View Post
    Last but not least, if I could actually see a show of hands, new D7000 owners who are enjoy their photoshooting now? I find this thread depressing to read (and type in, including reading my own post previously) because of so many emphasis on flaw of a camera, and not the good point itself, and it really shouldn't have coincide with my personal enjoyment (something that'll make me happy), and that's photography.
    I LOVE MY D7000 VERY MUCH - I paid a slightly higher market price to get it on day 1.. But.... I AM ENJOYING IT AS MUCH AS I ENJOYED MY D90 and D50... although I also saw hot pixels in my videos or at long exposures ISO... I dont care... I dont need to print out human-size posters or view the videos on 100inch projector screen... To me the speed and the process of photo taking are most importnant... And so far it fullfilled and surpassed what my previous 2 DSLRs could do....... I LOVE all my Nikons.....

My Flickr | Nikon D800 | Nikon irD50 | Olympus OM-D E-M5 |

Don't care liao....i'm going to buy D7000 later. wish me luck.

i am very happy shooting with d7k during day time. ocassionally it did overexpose a bit for some of the shoot, but tat's ok.

and d7k shoots are damm sharp. the "AF fine tune", very nice feature to be in!.

of course. not forgetting the night shooting issue. and irritating, people keep on picking and questioning over the settings rather then the problem itself.

happy shooting!

Wa piang eh! This is a series of 4 for 'shooting each other in this thread' already. Seriously, I'm rather sickened of it.

I'm a D7000 and yes, I see hot pixel during video shooting at low light condition, and detected a few hot pixel during long exposure (ISO 400, 8 sec, Aperture F3.5 at dark room (w/o light). But that was it.

Guys, I hope I could emphasize this one, Nothing is perfect in this World. Even if you're seeking for perfection (perfectionist) and constantly take your trip down to NSC, you'll never be able to get a camera w/o hot pixel. At the most you can bear with it is a hot pixel at a location where you don't mind.

Like one of the discussion earlier about people being 'stupid' getting the first batch, I hope I could disagree but many of the times what they said are true. Frankly, even if you go and get a 1-1 exchange at this point of time, you'll still get the same batch. So what for?

Even so, customer's right should still be there, and if you wish to, you can just bring it down to have it checked. Of course, Nikon's service attitude is a whole different topic altogether (deserves a thread by itself imo).

Last but not least, if I could actually see a show of hands, new D7000 owners who are enjoy their photoshooting now? I find this thread depressing to read (and type in, including reading my own post previously) because of so many emphasis on flaw of a camera, and not the good point itself, and it really shouldn't have coincide with my personal enjoyment (something that'll make me happy), and that's photography.

Is the hot pixel really a problem. if shoot at 720p, is it still there?

Blog Entries

Most people blame everything under the sky except themselves. Understanding on technical aspect and skill in photography seen to be history.

All my photo damn sucks because I need to compose myself, I still waiting Nikon to produce a camera that can float up in the air and compose for me. All I need is to press the shutter with a remote. Oh ya, the floating camera and VR in the lens must be stable enough to shoot at f/22 at 30sec.....and I will not tolerate any hot pixel.

I found that my D7000 sounds like a "robot" when it is trying to focus using LV... it sounds like electic sound..."zi zi zi"....

I also find the refreshing time is also slower than my S95.... other owners having the same issue?
    Last edited by 116520; 24th November 2010 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackychua View Post
    come on. you are the pro shooter doesnt mean others can do it in your way.

lets put it this way,
    what is so hard for a semi-pro dslr to produce a request by a lame photographer?

i think many of you just want to impress other people that you are the pro, and those who are complaining are dummy nuts who cant "compensate" the camera to shoot?

it is a known camera issue now, not discussing whether you are pro or not.
    people started to question on why i use that setting, after I explained, PRO start surfacing.
    but none of them talking about the exact issue, just trying to impress? oh no.

if discussion over the issue over this forum is not welcome and should be treated this way by PRO. then alright, should stop talking about it then. I feel more comfortable in other open forum that is helping rather then picking.
    Opps, I'm not a pro, I'm just a hobbist like most ppls here.

You should start to read up what causes hot pixel and how to counter it or live with it.

Blog Entries

Opps, I'm not a pro, I'm just a hobbist like most ppls here.

You should start to read up what causes hot pixel and how to counter it or live with it.
    He can't live with it. He wants his D7k to be perfect.

That's the reason why there is so much noise here in the first place.

IMHO I think he should return it. And not use any modern DSLR.. since they all have some flaw here or there.

Maybe he should get the H4d and shoot at super high iso of 800.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 24th November 2010 at 12:11 PM.

too much expectation on D7000 at the first place la...
    and if the price is $1500 including kit lens, I believe the noises will be much lesser
    Kent Wong Photography |Leica Q & Leica M-P 240 | 75 & 28mm Summilux

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Heh man.. Browsing ur blog. U took very nice pics.
    But for this one
    http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4090/...0516f53e_b.jpg
    I am not sure the upper right bright dot is reflection or Wat on by looking on my iPhone screen. But my bright hot pixel appears just like the photo Tat can draw attention easily. And mine is very bright and appear on every photo after long exp.
    Last edited by jackychua; 24th November 2010 at 12:27 PM.

IMHO I think he should return it. And not use any modern DSLR.. since they all have some flaw here or there.

Shoot film, confirm no hot pixel.

When i shoot at f/22 with my camera, I see more sensor dust than hot pixel.

I just live with it.

I am wondering if u will accept it if it appears to be obvious and bright in ur shoots.

If u all think I should silence. Ok. Shut and zipped then.

So much for the hot pixel thingy....

LV sound and refresh time using LV.... any comments?

Quote Originally Posted by 116520 View Post
    I found that my D7000 sounds like a "robot" when it is trying to focus using LV... it sounds like electic sound..."zi zi zi"....

I also find the refreshing time is also slower than my S95.... other owners having the same issue?

Wa piang eh! This is a series of 4 for 'shooting each other in this thread' already. Seriously, I'm rather sickened of it.

I'm a D7000 and yes, I see hot pixel during video shooting at low light condition, and detected a few hot pixel during long exposure (ISO 400, 8 sec, Aperture F3.5 at dark room (w/o light). But that was it.

Guys, I hope I could emphasize this one, Nothing is perfect in this World. Even if you're seeking for perfection (perfectionist) and constantly take your trip down to NSC, you'll never be able to get a camera w/o hot pixel. At the most you can bear with it is a hot pixel at a location where you don't mind.

Like one of the discussion earlier about people being 'stupid' getting the first batch, I hope I could disagree but many of the times what they said are true. Frankly, even if you go and get a 1-1 exchange at this point of time, you'll still get the same batch. So what for?

Even so, customer's right should still be there, and if you wish to, you can just bring it down to have it checked. Of course, Nikon's service attitude is a whole different topic altogether (deserves a thread by itself imo).

Very happy user here, no complaints...
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

you can request the supervisor to return your d7k first for your appoinment until they sort out the issue. I think the hot pixel is rather hard to appear on day photo shooting except video or indoor wedding shooting..
    I had mine with me while the supervisor sorting out the issue..
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurean View Post

Relax ya, some hot pixels don't render the camera useless, just enjoy it in the mean time.

Mine also have hot pixels, sent to NSC for checks and was informed that I had to wait for the solution. I have no issues with that as long as I know that Nikon acknowledge this problem and working to solve it.

From what I encounter, the hot pixels will not surface if I use it for normal day to day shooting. It only surface if I shooting video clips / using live view for an extended period of time (which I seldom do it).
    changing to d300s is popping up in my mind too. So, finally your exchange is not successful?

sad. really a waste of money and time. i took cab, and timeoff to go NSC.
    The camera is with me since the day 1 and now I'm waiting for exchange as agreed by Nikon NSC (pixel & AF problem). Today morning NIKON (Sale Dept) called and he offer to t-loan D7k display set to me and he will inform me when the next shipment arrive.

Thanks for care.

Quote Originally Posted by HELLOSTEVEN View Post
    The camera is with me since the day 1 and now I'm waiting for exchange as agreed by Nikon NSC (pixel & AF problem). Today morning NIKON (Sale Dept) called and he offer to t-loan D7k display set to me and he will inform me when the next shipment arrive.

Thanks for care.
    Yeap,same. I am waiting for their next shipment/batch too.
    My liveview on my set is horrible now. Colourful star all over the LCD. Luckily I din use liveview that much.

of course. not forgetting the night shooting issue. and irritating, people keep on picking and questioning over the settings rather then the problem.
    The only reason why anyone would want to question your night photo setting is because it is such an unusual setting and not because they want to pick on you or dismiss your problem with the camera.

i am very happy shooting with d7k during day time. ocassionally it did overexpose a bit for some of the shoot, but tat's ok.

and d7k shoots are damm sharp. the "AF fine tune", very nice feature to be in!.

of course. not forgetting the night shooting issue. and irritating, people keep on picking and questioning over the settings rather then the problem itself.

happy shooting!
    Hi Jacky,

Yes, everyone read the forum knew that it has HP issue but many had also highlighted this is normal for most CMOS sensor, it does not just happened on D7000, but happened on other brand and perhaps on some pro body too. Myself actually welcome your initial posting on the flaws that you facing, this give people like me another thought before getting this camera. But the numerous posts that you have also give me another thought, are you asking for a total perfection and flawless D7000 or you think that your investment is not worth. Both are not wrong as a consumer! We have the rights to ask for it but to what expectation is? This is individual.

I believe there are some many active csers that brought this camera too, and many are also facing this issue but only a few are making a fuss, wonder y? They have a lower expectation or they understand the engineering cycle of a new product?

People including myself are wondering the usage of your setting, y? Yes, we knew your mentality that you do not wish to compensate your preferred setting of the flaw but you are getting HP with that. IMO, I do not need to confined with 1 exp setting to obtain the effect of the shoot, but that just me.

Rather than just bothering about the little flaw this camera has currently, why don't we look at the overall performance? You have a 16m pixel camera with the latest 2016pixel rgb sensor, 39 focus point with a multi-cam 4800Dx af module, dual storage, iso 100-25600 and ... And most important, a close semi pro dsrl at a consumer pricing.

Live with it and enjoy your new toy, the flaw will be fixed.

Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2237424546474849 ... LastLast