Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 183338414243444548 ... LastLast

Thread: D7000 Discussion Thread II

Default Re: D7000 Discussion Thread II

Quote Originally Posted by Rc311 View Post
    @Jacky, So your 2nd set have no further problem?
    Read back the thread.. Second set still the same after remapping. And seem like hot pixel is growing..

Very obvious hot pixels for long exposure shoot. No need to zoom in to look up for it.

It seem that D7000 got more negative feed than good I will hold horse for the next 3 months and see the problem solve then my time to buy

How long is your long exposure shoot? with low light, high ISO or even cloudy, ISO 200?

Thks!

Quote Originally Posted by tarzanboy66 View Post
    It seem that D7000 got more negative feed than good I will hold horse for the next 3 months and see the problem solve then my time to buy
    I read around few forums.. Some people manage to exchange up to 7 or 8 sets of d7k. None of them is a good set and ended up returning the camera for refund.

I really hope that Nikon can resolve this and I no need to sell all my Nikon gears and switch to the other party..
    Last edited by jackychua; 23rd November 2010 at 04:41 PM.

Sure bro will share the infor when I look around
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    bro, what kind of reviews? Most of the review websites do put up good words as they might get sponsor by these camera manufacturers.

I simply click on dpreview forum and it is common.

IIRC, back to prosumer era, when nikon first launched their 5*** series, same problems happened: 1. Camera not 100% defect free before launching into market (most of the camera. That time was hot pixels also) 2. Low in supply. Consumers need to wait for the following batches to get their cameras. I do not know what kind of attitude Nikon has...after so many years, no improvement. 3. if you want to wait and see, Nikon always slow in responding to these issues and sometimes do NOT listen to their customers.
    bro, luckily we have patience. I think I was waiting for real Body ONLY and price to settle. My past experience was written as above.

In 6 months time, how would we know the set that we going to get is from the first production or improved ones ?

it don't seems wise to be the first group to get it . . . but i believe there are many happy owners too . . .
    Shot more cos digital is FREE !!!

Arrow Re: D7000 Discussion Thread II

Do request for a black and white letter when you take back your camera with regards to the hot pixels.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggurat View Post
    Nikon just call me that they have fixed the focusing problem. but they can not solve the hot pixels issue. So they will send my D7k back instead of change another one.
    And they said that Nikon is working on the hot pixel issue and would inform me once they have solution.
    So you d better wait and see what happen.
    Anyway. I am trying to be used to my body.

bro, luckily we have patience. I think I was waiting for real Body ONLY and price to settle. My past experience was written as above.
    Same with you bro hold my patience here and only want the body with best price

Hi, I was quoted $1570 for D7000 and $1090 for D90. Both before GST.

Dont know which to get after reading all the issue with D7000.

same bro, my long consideration on it ...save me a little trouble...
    But still hope Nikon can fix these problems...

hope next replacement for D300s will be better....

Quote Originally Posted by Rc311 View Post
    Hi, I was quoted $1570 for D7000 and $1090 for D90. Both before GST.

Dont know which to get after reading all the issue with D7000.
    Care to share which shop offer such good deal.

Relax guys , suppose there is hot pixel removal software in the CD box .

Really? That CD provided got hot pixel removal software??? I haven't check yet...

Quote Originally Posted by biskandar View Post
    Relax guys , suppose there is hot pixel removal software in the CD box .

Quote Originally Posted by jackychua View Post
    Read back the thread.. Second set still the same after remapping. And seem like hot pixel is growing..

Very obvious hot pixels for long exposure shoot. No need to zoom in to look up for it.
    Show ur pic with exif intact..

Do note tat LE or activating of LV expose ur sensor for prolonged period of time tat leads to heating up.. So hot pixels is inevitable... Regardless of cam body..
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

Asking you guys, isn't that it is very simple for a company to launch a new product, first thing is to do the advertisement/ marketing first? Then produce a sufficient amount of stock with decent quality and launch into market? I do not know what happened to Nikon in this case... always have quality problems, e.g.: hotpixel in high ISO and video and focusing issues....

It is common for CMOS sensor to have hotpixels but for new products is not common.
    I understand that first batch of products will have some teething problems but so many defective products is not common (imagine that even remapping can't solve the problem).
    Products were launched without sufficient QC check is not common (if look at the quantity of users experienced this problem).
    There isn't any further instruction from manufacturer is not common.
    Glad that I waited and am not a guinea pig for the first batch of D7K. I will wait for 3 months before re-considering it again.

Nikon should issue a statement now be it a recall or production halt or firmware update. Or else customers will always imagine and expect the worst.

These are indeed teething and quality control problems of a very good camera. SIGH....

Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    Show ur pic with exif intact..

Do note tat LE or activating of LV expose ur sensor for prolonged period of time tat leads to heating up.. So hot pixels is inevitable... Regardless of cam body..
    hi, reading back the thread, my setup at iso1600, 5 sec, F22, long exp NR ON, high ISO NR ON.
    dun think it is a tough setting.
    you can google and see many sample photos uploaded. of course, if you need to see mine, PM me your email address. I will send you the raw photo straight out from the camera.

for my second body, there is one faint bright hot pixel at iso800, 5 sec, F32, long exp NR on, high ISO NR ON.

btw, for the above 2 shoots, the long exp NR will not kick in since it is lesser then 8 sec.

u can look at the guy who posted sample photo at dpreview forum regarding this issue. mine is almost facing the same, but mine is far more obvious then his.

are all the problem coming from the batch comes with kit lens?? hoping the release of the body alone wont have any problem,, i saw ken rockwell bought only a body with the golden box so far no negative feed back from him regarding hot pixel hoping and praying nikon will rectify this issue i really need this camera badly

hi, reading back the thread, my setup at iso1600, 5 sec, F22, long exp NR ON, high ISO NR ON.
    you can google and see many sample photos uploaded. of course, if you need to see mine, PM me your email address. I will send you the raw photo straight out from the camera.

for my second body, there is one faint bright hot pixel at iso800, 5 sec, F32, long exp NR on, high ISO NR ON.

btw, for the above 2 shoots, the long exp NR will not kick in since it is lesser then 8 sec.

u can look at the guy who posted sample photo at dpreview forum regarding this issue. mine is almost facing the same, but mine is far more obvious then his.

aiyo... do you shoot often at these settings?? If you are shooting at 5 seconds, why are you not using ISO100 or 200 since it is mounted on a tripod? If you care about IQ so much, you really should be using ISO100 or 200.

Even if you die die want to use ISO1600 for some weird reason, a little adjustment of the aperture or other settings (Like ISO up or down a stop) will push the shutter speed above 8seconds to kick in the long exposure NR or bring it lower so that the hot pixel is not obvious.

I really think this is making a mountain out of a molehill. My personal opinon.
    Last edited by alantkh; 23rd November 2010 at 09:19 PM.

heck, ISO 1600, f/22, 5 sec and ISO 800, f/32, 5 sec...
    I recommend not to drink too much coffee...
    I dunno!!!
    It's banana-zero-neh. :)

Quote Originally Posted by alantkh View Post
    aiyo... do you shoot often at these settings?? If you are shooting at 5 seconds, why are you not using ISO100 or 200 since it is mounted on a tripod? If you care about IQ so much, you really should be using ISO100 or 200.

Even if you die die want to use ISO1600 for some weird reason, a little adjustment of the aperture or other settings (Like ISO up or down a stop) will push the shutter speed above 8seconds to kick in the long exposure NR or bring it lower so that the hot pixel is not obvious.

I really think this is making a mountain out of a molehill. My personal opinon.
    Quote Originally Posted by banana0ne View Post
    heck, ISO 1600, f/22, 5 sec and ISO 800, f/32, 5 sec...
    I recommend not to drink too much coffee...
    I believe you have seem enough article online sharing the common issue regarding this d7000 hot pixel issue. And the issue is real.

The above settings are the example that can show the hot pixel in d7k still photos. for your information, I tested some with more then 8 sec for the long exp NR to kick in, but the issue still persist. long exp NR failed to remove some of the hot pixel from the photos.

every person have their own requirement on why they need the above setting. I am not sure why the function is built in the camera but I need to "compensate" the camera to shoot. and I understand the way you are talking about to step down ISO, adjustment of aperture, but it will not necessarily able to get the effect that I want.

and banana0ne,
    I am not a coffee drinker, and I dun really get what you mean. Thanks.

Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 183338414243444548 ... LastLast