Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 173237404142434447 ... LastLast

Thread: D7000 Discussion Thread II

Default Re: D7000 Discussion Thread II

This morning I rush to NSC.
    My D7k has not only hot pixels but also focus issue.
    I got there at 9:03AM. and a lucky Q number of 0001. hahah.
    When I was talking the lady, a guy rushing in with a D7K. Also Focusing issue.
    Oh. D7K is really hot.
    And half an minute later. The third man came in with a D7K kit.
    So. I think we are the first 3 customer came to NSC today. and all of us are suffering D7K.
    And I just own this body within one week. I required to exchange another set. but they said that only can be decided by technical staff and will inform me later. Let 's fine. since if you can fix it. But for such poor quality,
    I strongly suggest you guy do not buy it at this moment.

Wait wait and wait.

what happen to the focusing? Problem with auto forcusing or manually spot forcusing? Camera "refuse" to focus on an object? Just wanna make sure that my D7000 doesn't suffer from the same problem.... tks!

Quote Originally Posted by ziggurat View Post
    Oh. D7K is really hot.
    So. I think we are the first 3 customer came to NSC today. and all of us are suffering D7K.
    And I just own this body within one week. I required to exchange another set. but they said that only can be decided by technical staff and will inform me later. Let 's fine. since if you can fix it. But for such poor quality,

Wait wait and wait.

Hello everyone, I hope those who had purchased a D7000 have also registered with Nikon on their site. This will help in any communication that may need to be done.

I have done so...
    Quote Originally Posted by Daoyin View Post
    Hello everyone, I hope those who had purchased a D7000 have also registered with Nikon on their site. This will help in any communication that may need to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by jackychua View Post
    Sad to say that just within few days of usage.. The hot pixel actually grow more. or I din notice previously, or it appears to be intermittently bad/hot at the particular pixels.

I just read from nikonrumors forums, someone actually said that the dealer received call from Nikon informing that the d7k production is stopped at the moment. Let's wait and see how Nikon is going to deal with this issue.
    STOP PRODUCTION?!

Hopefully an announcement for product recall. Whoever bought it , hopes they will seriously rectify product issues.
    Think of concepts and work towards it.

That's why I am holding my purchase to observe the situation before commit.

By the way, asking, for those who managed to exchange their D7k, any idea what happened to the camera that being taken back? Fixed and then recycle? Isn't that once the product is made, then reopen and put back is not the same as newly manufactured one?

Asking you guys, isn't that it is very simple for a company to launch a new product, first thing is to do the advertisement/ marketing first? Then produce a sufficient amount of stock with decent quality and launch into market? I do not know what happened to Nikon in this case... always have quality problems, e.g.: hotpixel in high ISO and video and focusing issues....

It is common for CMOS sensor to have hotpixels but for new products is not common.
    I understand that first batch of products will have some teething problems but so many defective products is not common (imagine that even remapping can't solve the problem).
    Products were launched without sufficient QC check is not common (if look at the quantity of users experienced this problem).
    There isn't any further instruction from manufacturer is not common.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Asking you guys, isn't that it is very simple for a company to launch a new product, first thing is to do the advertisement/ marketing first? Then produce a sufficient amount of stock with decent quality and launch into market? I do not know what happened to Nikon in this case... always have quality problems, e.g.: hotpixel in high ISO and video and focusing issues....

It is common for CMOS sensor to have hotpixels but for new products is not common.
    I understand that first batch of products will have some teething problems but so many defective products is not common (imagine that even remapping can't solve the problem).
    Products were launched without sufficient QC check is not common (if look at the quantity of users experienced this problem).
    There isn't any further instruction from manufacturer is not common.
    Maybe all the QA/QC personnels were busy walking on the streets in Bangkok don in a red T-shirt at that moment.. hee

Lesson #1 don't be a Nikon new product tester , wait till aprox 6 months and look for the reviews ;-)

and don't worry , Nikon will produce the new firmware for this issue .

Oh. D7K is really hot.

Wait wait and wait.
    My camera purchased on Friday and Sat I discoverd that I unable to select the autofocus mode ( Press the AF-mode button and rotate the main command dial). I need to power off to restart the camera or rotate the focus mode selector from AF back to M as well back to AP (numbers of time), then I able to select the autofocus mode.

Same fault as your camera?

Thinking of changing camp (canon 7D) and ask for refund too (thinking refer to CASE if refund fail - 61000315).
    Last edited by HELLOSTEVEN; 23rd November 2010 at 02:39 PM.

Sad to say that just within few days of usage.. The hot pixel actually grow more. or I din notice previously, or it appears to be intermittently bad/hot at the particular pixels.

I just read from nikonrumors forums, someone actually said that the dealer received call from Nikon informing that the d7k production is stopped at the moment. Let's wait and see how Nikon is going to deal with this issue.
    Are you sure they stop production at the moment? If yes, Oh No... we are the white mouse..

Was it a rumor or purely speculation on the cease production of D7000? Damm bad if it really happen... that is going to affect their market share lor, esp these periods.. holiday coming!!! Haiz..

After some testing, here's my findings:

- TWO hot pixels on LCD during Live View. These are visible in all movies.
    - Autofocus during movies is hunting before it locks on, and sound is very audible during playback of movie. (no issue with taking pics)
    - The two hot pixels are visible on pictures from around ISO 360 upwards.

In all, I am not very impressed with their Quality Control. I don't expect issues like this from Nikon, they should have been captured during testing, and closely monitored during production.

Makes me wonder what Chase Jarvis was doing to test out his D7000..??

Oh. D7K is really hot.

Wait wait and wait.
    Nikon just call me that they have fixed the focusing problem. but they can not solve the hot pixels issue. So they will send my D7k back instead of change another one.
    And they said that Nikon is working on the hot pixel issue and would inform me once they have solution.
    So you d better wait and see what happen.
    Anyway. I am trying to be used to my body.

Quote Originally Posted by HELLOSTEVEN View Post
    Are you sure they stop production at the moment? If yes, Oh No... we are the white mouse..
    U can check on Nikon rumors forum thread regarding d7k hot pixel issues.

Nikon just call me that they have fixed the focusing problem. but they can not solve the hot pixels issue. So they will send my D7k back instead of change another one.
    And they said that Nikon is working on the hot pixel issue and would inform me once they have solution.
    So you d better wait and see what happen.
    Anyway. I am trying to be used to my body.
    What is ur focusing issue?
    I did notice mine unable to switch to autofocus mode on previous d7k body. But it was ok after I adjust the lens release button a few times. Seem like there is a sensor there, if u press the button without turning off the camera, u can notice that the camera switched to manual focus mode..

And there is few times my d7k stop focusing in live view mode. But it works after I switched back to viewfinder..
    I don't bother the problem, since I am not using live view all the time.

BUT! Hot pixel issue really need to be resolved. Damm it.

I will strongly advice all potential buyers to hold back too. Especially on coming sitex. My second d7k body is from the same shipment for sitex stock..

Quote Originally Posted by eXtremeSG View Post
    After some testing, here's my findings:

- TWO hot pixels on LCD during Live View. These are visible in all movies.
    - Autofocus during movies is hunting before it locks on, and sound is very audible during playback of movie. (no issue with taking pics)
    - The two hot pixels are visible on pictures from around ISO 360 upwards.
    For D7000, Continuous AF for videos doesn't work well in this camera and loud AF noises will be recorded. Googgle around u'll know, so these are not QC problem.

I will strongly advice all potential buyers to hold back too. Especially on coming sitex. My second d7k body is from the same shipment for sitex stock..

@Jacky, So your 2nd set have no further problem?

Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 173237404142434447 ... LastLast