Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15303538394041424550 ... LastLast

Thread: D7000 Discussion Thread II

Blog Entries

Default Re: D7000 Discussion Thread II

Quote Originally Posted by jackychua View Post
    read the post back. I sent back my d7000 back to NSC and served by one of the supervisor. Pixel remapping is not able to fix the hot pixel issue on all the d7000.
    Most hot pixels can be solved by re-mapping.

If not resolvable, then ask for a replacement. Which Nikon already did for you. So what's the problem now?
    Last edited by daredevil123; 21st November 2010 at 10:44 AM.

Blog Entries

i believe you did not read through all my threads.

1) Pixel remapping failed to fix the issue. It still appear as a very bright pixel on still image on my nightshoot. no need to zoom. It is too obvious to draw your attention. It becomes smaller after pixel remapping, thus Nikon make an exchange for me since they said it is falling out of the threshold (pixel remapping cant fix)

2) I do not think I need to change my workflow by changing my d90 to d7000. Why do I need to add some extra works to myself by the same shooting style?

3) I understand well there is no so call "defect free" sensor. But at least pixel remapping must be able to fix the obvious hot pixel from the picture without user intervention.

4) I ADMIT that I am a beginner who speak lousy english. Thanks. But, something that everyone must agree this:
    different people got their own expectation, you can tolerate doesnt meant other people can tolerate. No need to advice people to tolerate with the matter.

5) If the hot pixel cannot draw your attention on your picture, and you keep on looking out for it. It is pixel peeping.

6) Let the potential buyer decide by looking on all the sample online. If it still suit them, buy it. If not, keep away from it. We no need to educate what is normal or common on behalf of nikon? :P

7) I no need to switch to 7D as my another canon 400D still serving me quite well as spare camera. And for new purchaser who is still deciding, compare yourself 7D and 7k. no need to lock yourself to nikon option.

8) Good photographer make up a good picture, not camera. But, a good quality tools is important to archive that.
    1) Ok mah, pixel mapping can't fix, so they replaced it. Fair right?

2) I did not ask you to change your workflow.

3) I agree. That is what I said also. And NSC did replace a camera for you once they determined that one hot pixel was not resolved after re-map.

4) Agree. I did not ask you to tolerate. i asked you to bring it to NSC get it fixed. Which you did, and finally they replaced yours with a new unit. Since when I asked you to live with a hot pixel?

5) That is not my definition of pixel peeping. Might be yours, but definitely not mine.

6) What I am saying is, if there is a problem, get it fixed. Why make such a big fuss out of it? And i have personally seen it happen also in other brands and other models, including D700, 7D, 5Dm2.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 21st November 2010 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    1) Ok mah, pixel mapping can't fix, so they replaced it. Fair right?

2) I did not ask you to change your workflow.

3) I agree. That is what I said also. And NSC did replace a camera for you once they determined that one hot pixel was not resolved after re-map.

4) Agree. I did not ask you to tolerate. i asked you to bring it to NSC get it fixed. Which you did, and finally they replaced yours with a new unit. Since when I asked you to live with a hot pixel?

5) That is not my definition of pixel peeping. Might be yours, but definitely not mine.

6) What I am saying is, if there is a problem, get it fixed. Why make such a big fuss out of it? And i have personally seen it happen also in other brands and other models, including D700, 7D, 5Dm2.

you still cant catch the point.

1) Pixel mapping couldnt fix hot pixel issue on d7000.
    -My first d7k hot pixel still very obvious after remapping until they need to exchange one for me
    -The exchange set after remapping still showing hot pixel. not very obvious (maybe due to it is blue hot pixel) so I will keep it until nikon got a way to fix it or replace it.

2) people are encourage to voice out the issue if there is one on forum. Manafacturer used to fob off as much as possible to identify or resolve an issue if consumer silence.

3) We no need to silence people on the forum regarding this issue, it will be none talking about it, if the problem no longer exist.

4) Do you think every buyer should go back to NSC for their new camera to fix the issue?
    This issue seem like a mass issue that need to draw their attention.

Blog Entries

-My first d7k hot pixel still very obvious after remapping until they need to exchange one for me
    -The exchange set after remapping still showing hot pixel. not very obvious (maybe due to it is blue hot pixel) so I will keep it until nikon got a way to fix it or replace it.

2) people are encourage to voice out the issue if there is one on forum. Manafacturer used to fob off as much as possible to identify or resolve an issue if consumer silence.

3) We no need to silence people on the forum regarding this issue, it will be none talking about it, if the problem no longer exist.

4) Do you think every buyer should go back to NSC for their new camera to fix the issue?
    1. Get this new replacement mapped, and if still persist, get another replacement.

2. I do not understand what you are trying to say here. Can you write in normal English?

3. I am not trying to silence anyone. But why kick up a big fuss? does it help to solve the problem? I don't think so.

4. If there is a problem with their camera, every buyer should go back to NSC to get them fixed. Yes.

ok dude we get ya point...

1) problems still persist with the replacement, but can u still go shoot pics, if can go out and shoot, unless u use the cam for work than maybe that might be an issue.. but if not shld be ok... till they either fix it for you and give u another replacement..

2 and 3) didnt really understand what u trying to convey, but i leave as such, while voicing out in issues and concerns is good, let others be informed, but too much of the same rants well we know thats leads to..

4) yesh all the owners facing the same issue shld go to NSC and get it fix, by all means get it fix..

so dude chill we understand u,
    Last edited by akerue; 21st November 2010 at 12:34 PM.
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

Dear all,

Wonder anyone went shopping recently? Care to let us know which shop has stock as well as their price range?

Quote Originally Posted by Rc311 View Post
    Dear all,

Wonder anyone went shopping recently? Care to let us know which shop has stock as well as their price range?
    You can check out the other thread, which consists of a list of people who purchased it recently, as well as where they purchased from

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=796242

There was this price guide maintained by a moderator here (chngpe01), not sure if there's a new one though.
    また再建しましょう~ ^_^

Understood and thats precisely the point agreed

1) UNFORTUNATELY thats the ONLY option
    2) Yes indeed, we must not let them get away
    3) Well said, it started because of a faulty product and bad service. To highlight the wide spread fault is educational, but by telling consumer to live with this industry fraud is not.
    4) Yes the mass should be informed and the issue must be addressed. Why should a buyer go back for service/exchange if its not faulty..it takes time and money to do so..Consumer are forced to take such measures because they have unknowingly purchased a faulty product and have to suffer the consequence. It should not be a consumer behaviour to buy , go for fault fixing and be told to live with it while waiting for the fix.

So, we have now obediently...and shall be contented when NSC has FINALLY gotten the message to step up their customer services.

The grass on my lan has grown 2 inches since I first read into this forum..

I hope a day will come to hear from a distributor saying that their out coming product may experience some fault (due to whatever reason(s))and we as distributor will see to it that our supporters will be protected...

In fact there are living examples..one for one exchange no questions asked.. or stop distribution until issue resolves..

On the contrary.. there are also cases like.. blame yourself for not being careful when buying the product.. I cannot help much.. learn to live with it like the others.. ren't you told that its an industry norm.. get a life..next please

if hot pixels are clearly visible even not in 100% zoom, i won't accept it personally.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    1. Get this new replacement mapped, and if still persist, get another replacement.

2. I do not understand what you are trying to say here. Can you write in normal English?

3. I am not trying to silence anyone. But why kick up a big fuss? does it help to solve the problem? I don't think so.

4. If there is a problem with their camera, every buyer should go back to NSC to get them fixed. Yes.

Bro...let me draw your attention!!! You know in Vivo City there's a cinema...lets watch Harry Potter and eat popcorn. To state your point even when you're right is pointless in this juncture. Lets chill...I got plenty of Heineken in my walking fridge. (I mean walk-in fridge)
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

Quote Originally Posted by mellette View Post
    Understood and thats precisely the point agreed

1) UNFORTUNATELY thats the ONLY option
    2) Yes indeed, we must not let them get away
    3) Well said, it started because of a faulty product and bad service. To highlight the wide spread fault is educational, but by telling consumer to live with this industry fraud is not.
    4) Yes the mass should be informed and the issue must be addressed. Why should a buyer go back for service/exchange if its not faulty..it takes time and money to do so..Consumer are forced to take such measures because they have unknowingly purchased a faulty product and have to suffer the consequence. It should not be a consumer behaviour to buy , go for fault fixing and be told to live with it while waiting for the fix.

So, we have now obediently...and shall be contented when NSC has FINALLY gotten the message to step up their customer services.

The grass on my lan has grown 2 inches since I first read into this forum..

I hope a day will come to hear from a distributor saying that their out coming product may experience some fault (due to whatever reason(s))and we as distributor will see to it that our supporters will be protected...

In fact there are living examples..one for one exchange no questions asked.. or stop distribution until issue resolves..

On the contrary.. there are also cases like.. blame yourself for not being careful when buying the product.. I cannot help much.. learn to live with it like the others.. ren't you told that its an industry norm.. get a life..next please
    That's why I let them rush in first and get the bragging rights. I would stroll in and buy when all the faults has been rectified in the next batch. Why must die die be the first to buy?

Sad to read all these comments here about the D7000. Something that's supposed to be a joyous occassion & celebration for all - for owners/users with their fantastic new "toys" & for dealers/distributors with the super sales volume - has descended into this.

Have not bought the D7000 yet & unable to verify some facts for myself. Not sure if this is due to the unrealistic expectations/demands of inexperience/ignorant consumers or the insensitive/indifferent/arrogant attitudes of a successful company. Either way I think Nikon should take the initiative to directly address consumers' concerns & be transparent in its dealings so as to restore our confidence & support..... Looking now at the big advertisements in the media on the D7000 cant help but leaves a sour taste in many Should other countries in the world tune in to these comments here, it should be a real embarassment for the company.
    Last edited by s1221ljc; 21st November 2010 at 03:30 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hotwork77 View Post

Bro...let me draw your attention!!! You know in Vivo City there's a cinema...lets watch Harry Potter and eat popcorn. To state your point even when you're right is pointless in this juncture. Lets chill...I got plenty of Heineken in my walking fridge. (I mean walk-in fridge)
    Let's go scream at the Heineken together like that TV ad... LOL...

yea.. no point. It is a stampede now.. LOL.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 21st November 2010 at 04:06 PM.

do some research and found most hot pixels are appeared on video mode.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38153623@N03/5086980477/

Quote Originally Posted by s1221ljc View Post
    Sad to read all these comments here about the D7000. Something that's supposed to be a joyous occassion & celebration for all - for owners/users with their fantastic new "toys" & for dealers/distributors with the super sales volume - has descended into this.

Have not bought the D7000 yet & unable to verify some facts for myself. Not sure if this is due to the unrealistic expectations/demands of inexperience/ignorant consumers or the insensitive/indifferent/arrogant attitudes of a successful company. Either way I think Nikon should take the initiative to directly address consumers' concerns & be transparent in its dealings so as to restore our confidence & support..... Looking now at the big advertisements in the media on the D7000 cant help but leaves a sour taste in many Should other countries in the world tune in to these comments here, it should be a real embarassment for the company.

Bro...if you're in the engineering field, you will know that every 1st batch of products will always have problems. The first batch of customers are the free QC for the company to test out their products. After feedbacks and such, the 2nd batch will be an improved model with updated firmwares and such. It's the ignorant fools that makes the most noise.

After you learn your lesson, you become wiser and then learn to sit back and let the other new fools to take your place. We the wise can't help but sit back a while longer for all the early adopters to spot the problems. When the model matures in the next batch cycle, we will come in and buy an improved product at an even lower cost.

for those who wan to check how many hot pixels u've got.
    this tool will make it alot easier
    http://www.starzen.com/imaging/deadpixeltest.htm

Tested d7k at C3 sales at suntec, 1 unit with true blue pixel, another set no hot spot at all
    MAKE YOUR MAGIC BEHIND THE CAMERA, NOT IN PHOTOSHOP

When the model matures in the next batch cycle, we will come in and buy an improved product at an even lower cost.
    That's the time when their cost reduction activities kick in too

Bro...if you're in the engineering field, you will know that every 1st batch of products will always have problems. The first batch of customers are the free QC for the company to test out their products. After feedbacks and such, the 2nd batch will be an improved model with updated firmwares and such. It's the ignorant fools that makes the most noise.

After you learn your lesson, you become wiser and then learn to sit back and let the other new fools to take your place. We the wise can't help but sit back a while longer for all the early adopters to spot the problems. When the model matures in the next batch cycle, we will come in and buy an improved product at an even lower cost.
    2 bro there are well written

Anyone can answer my query... so hot pixels only appear with slow shutter speed?
    Last edited by SnagIt; 21st November 2010 at 09:14 PM.