Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9242932333435363944 ... LastLast

Thread: D7000 Discussion Thread II

Finally I got home and verify on the hot pixel issue.

I took several photos using various settings, ranging from steps of sec exposure till 8 sec at various ISO level. None of which has evidence of a hot pixel.

Which I know there is, because when I took video, even at ISO100, I saw the hot pixel (blue at 12 o'clock, and red at 3:30).

I was told by Nikon staff that it'll only appear if the subject and the surrounding is dark, therefore I speculate that it might be something related to 'iso'. This video I made should explain. (watch in 1080HD)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgSdY54NdAo

PS: They call it 'normal'. What's the take?
    Last edited by PaulKami; 18th November 2010 at 08:10 PM.
    また再建しましょう~ ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by jackychua View Post

What I know is it is extremely uncommon for me that I need to pick off the obvious hot pixel from my nightshoots with such a brand new unit. And most importantly, Nikon pixel remapping failed to address the issue.

Btw, just for info. I was told by Nikon that exposure shorter then 8 seconds is not considered as long exposure for d7000, thus the long exp nr will not kick in for those shoots.
    Hot pixel is normal. Most cameras of other brands can map them out EXCEPT nikon. Don't ask me why...

there are old threads about this....

Quote Originally Posted by PaulKami View Post

I took several photos using various settings, ranging from steps of sec exposure till 8 sec at various ISO level. None of which has evidence of a hot pixel.

Which I know there is, because when I took video, even at ISO100, I saw the hot pixel (blue at 12 o'clock, and red at 3:30).

I was told by Nikon staff that it'll only appear if the subject and the surrounding is dark, therefore I speculate that it might be something related to 'iso'. This video I made should explain. (watch in 1080HD)

then urs should be good.
    mine starting to get the hot pixel on still photo from iso 800 5 sec onwards, nv try 1 second though.

btw, I tried it again just now after the remapping, the photos looks like quite clear now.
    left only the most obvious hot pixel that they are not able to fix it using remapping. but previously it was a group of hot pixel like a cross at 200% view, now it become one horizontal line.

so I guess I must be damm lucky to get a very bad set which even pixel remapping cant fix it.

I will be alright if it appears in the video like yours, not very obvious..

Quote Originally Posted by PaulKami View Post

I just came back from NSC. I must say their service sucks.

1. My D7k is < 4 days old. (They should jolly well know they launched on 12 nov)
    2. I never rant to them about the hot pixel appearing in auto because I understand its 'common' to have them and nikon have this nice NR that removes them (or at least made them less obvious)
    3. The thing i rant to them is the video. There is one blue dot at the center of the screen with u switch to LV. It is more obvious when u point at dark areas or black color items. The service lady went inside and came out with the conclusion from engineer: "That is not hot pixel, its noise". I was like . Then I show to her and tell her which noise in the world can actually appear consistently on the same spot no matter where u point?
    4. She went in again and out came the engineer. I dunno what kind of eyes he have but he according to his eyes, its not obvious. I told him to point to dark areas and black objects. Then he say, oh, its common to have this problem(he keep saying that). I said no, the unit is only 4 days old and its not like I used the unit for so long and its due to aging. Let me ask u guys, u spent money buying a toyota altis and the car seat got a hole. The salesman tell u its common in all leather seats and ask u to accept it. Can you?
    5. He keep on saying its company policy that its not within the threshold. I got up. This is nikon service center not bargain center. Your product got a fault and you're supposed to solve my problem not create more problem and ask me to accept flaws. Which client in the world would accept a video with a blue pixel at the center in their wedding/corporate video? Do you see dead pixels on mediacorp video or hollywood movies? I use the machine to make a living and do I have to rely on luck each time i buy a dslr? Or I have to do a complete testing at TKfoto or MS color or whichever shop and hang there for hours?
    6. Then finally he used an unfriendly tone to ask me if i'm looking for an exchange and say that company does not provide that. I said FINE. I'm not looking for an exchange but a way to rectify the situation WHICH he has not provided me any and keep asking to accept it.
    7. He offered to send in for remapping. (Finally this word came out)
    8. I shall not say much. I sent it in for remap.

Good service or bad service. You judge. I'm done with them

FYI to all potential owners or owners of D7000, NSC has made it clear to me (I swore to him that I'm gonna quote online what he said to me and he dared me to do it and I'm doing it now.)

If the Hot Pixels are not 'deemed' obvious to them or under their level of threshold, they treat it as a common issue and will not warrant it. (Video or Photo (especially with NR on). The kinda of threshold they're expecting is daylight "normal" shooting (which i seriously wonder what is night photography about) with few hot pixels and visible to naked eye. It does not matter to them how many days or hours or minutes u've bought the camera. This is their company policy. (thinking of which, i forgot to ask them for the complete list of company policy. Everything must have black & white if he's so 'obedient' to follow policies)

For potential buyers, PLEASE CHECK the video/photo for hot pixels before accepting the product because Nikon WILL NOT service it at this point in time. The best they can do is remap which they claim that its not guaranteed. If mapping fails, there WONT BE an exchange.

Btw, is there any email or feedback channel that I can use to feedback to their boss?

Wow...finally I know which camera I should pick between K5 and D7K now after reading this.......

try shooting at iso 3200 .. hot pixel become obvious, it may not appear at low iso setting.
    nsc actually will allow 1 -1 exchange, case by case review, especially if you are nps member.

Quote Originally Posted by Miao View Post
    try shooting at iso 3200 .. hot pixel become obvious, it may not appear at low iso setting.
    nsc actually will allow 1 -1 exchange, case by case review, especially if you are nps member.
    oh nps... preferred member. so now I understand why i get this kinda service.

Finally, I have made up my mind on whether to buy and then be at the mercy of others.
    S5Pro|S3Pro|D50|16-85VR2|70-200VR|80-400VR|S50f1.4|105f2|135f2|SB900|SB80DX

Quote Originally Posted by jackmbox View Post
    I just came back from NSC. I must say their service sucks.

1. My D7k is < 4 days old. (They should jolly well know they launched on 12 nov)
    2. I never rant to them about the hot pixel appearing in auto because I understand its 'common' to have them and nikon have this nice NR that removes them (or at least made them less obvious)
    3. The thing i rant to them is the video. There is one blue dot at the center of the screen with u switch to LV. It is more obvious when u point at dark areas or black color items. The service lady went inside and came out with the conclusion from engineer: "That is not hot pixel, its noise". I was like . Then I show to her and tell her which noise in the world can actually appear consistently on the same spot no matter where u point?
    4. She went in again and out came the engineer. I dunno what kind of eyes he have but he according to his eyes, its not obvious. I told him to point to dark areas and black objects. Then he say, oh, its common to have this problem(he keep saying that). I said no, the unit is only 4 days old and its not like I used the unit for so long and its due to aging. Let me ask u guys, u spent money buying a toyota altis and the car seat got a hole. The salesman tell u its common in all leather seats and ask u to accept it. Can you?
    5. He keep on saying its company policy that its not within the threshold. I got up. This is nikon service center not bargain center. Your product got a fault and you're supposed to solve my problem not create more problem and ask me to accept flaws. Which client in the world would accept a video with a blue pixel at the center in their wedding/corporate video? Do you see dead pixels on mediacorp video or hollywood movies? I use the machine to make a living and do I have to rely on luck each time i buy a dslr? Or I have to do a complete testing at TKfoto or MS color or whichever shop and hang there for hours?
    6. Then finally he used an unfriendly tone to ask me if i'm looking for an exchange and say that company does not provide that. I said FINE. I'm not looking for an exchange but a way to rectify the situation WHICH he has not provided me any and keep asking to accept it.
    7. He offered to send in for remapping. (Finally this word came out)
    8. I shall not say much. I sent it in for remap.

Good service or bad service. You judge. I'm done with them

hi, i went through exactly the same process like you until I got one supervisor out to handle my case. The case was smooth after that.

Regarding no exchange if cant fix by remapping, not true. Mine cant fix by remapping and they are going to exchange for me.

Anyway, new set havent on my hand yet, lets pray hard.

what is your outcome after remapping? I saw on US forums saying that remapping cant fix their D7k too...

Quote Originally Posted by jackychua View Post
    hi, i went through exactly the same process like you until I got one supervisor out to handle my case. The case was smooth after that.

Regarding no exchange if cant fix by remapping, not true. Mine cant fix by remapping and they are going to exchange for me.

Anyway, new set havent on my hand yet, lets pray hard.

what is your outcome after remapping? I saw on US forums saying that remapping cant fix their D7k too...
    I 'sent' mine in but he didn't even give me a timeframe as to when I can collect mine. So I don't know the result. So much for 'service' and now i don't even know how long it'll take before i'll get back my d7k

I 'sent' mine in but he didn't even give me a timeframe as to when I can collect mine. So I don't know the result. So much for 'service' and now i don't even know how long it'll take before i'll get back my d7k
    Oh, My god.
    I have a lot hot pixels.
    I am planning to go NSC, but I am scared now.
    Anybody else would like to go. Can we go together.
    Why Singapore has so many Gang。
    I think Nikon is the biggest one.

So sorry to hear so much problem for the d7000 user.

Thinking of switching camp... Thought d7000 was a good product, but back by a lousy customer service team, it's a major deal breaker.

Good luck to them if they only service professional customer, cos all us, casual users are fool, can discriminate us one... Never mind, the money we spent on nikon products stinks!

I did not experience what jackmbox is going through, but if what he mentions was really happen, I will make sure the manager talks to me personally... And not even in Clubsnap he will see my post, I think it will be every known forum and blog...

Sorry for the frustration cos I hate such bad services from reputable brand.

Never claim lost of use? Or at least ask them to compensate for a lousy product... Claim taxi fare also happy....

Is NSC crowded with D7000 owners now? how long you waited before been served?

Default At the heart of the image

FYI to all potential owners or owners of D7000, NSC has made it clear to me (I swore to him that I'm gonna quote online what he said to me and he dared me to do it and I'm doing it now.)

If the Hot Pixels are not 'deemed' obvious to them or under their level of threshold, they treat it as a common issue and will not warrant it. (Video or Photo (especially with NR on). The kinda of threshold they're expecting is daylight "normal" shooting (which i seriously wonder what is night photography about) with few hot pixels and visible to naked eye. It does not matter to them how many days or hours or minutes u've bought the camera. This is their company policy. (thinking of which, i forgot to ask them for the complete list of company policy. Everything must have black & white if he's so 'obedient' to follow policies)

For potential buyers, PLEASE CHECK the video/photo for hot pixels before accepting the product because Nikon WILL NOT service it at this point in time. The best they can do is remap which they claim that its not guaranteed. If mapping fails, there WONT BE an exchange.

Btw, is there any email or feedback channel that I can use to feedback to their boss?
    Be cool Bro,

Able to find the following info for you.. (hope it work)

UK - Nikon CEO - Mr Michio Miwa - Michio.Miwa@nikon.co.uk

Singapore - Nikon Senior Sales & Marketing Manager - Mr Gregory Lee - gregory.lee@nikonoa.net

Singapore - Nikon Group Leader - Mr Dennis Tan - dennis.tan@nikonoa.net

Good luck with your enquiry / feedback
    Last edited by HELLOSTEVEN; 18th November 2010 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tkp77 View Post
    Never claim lost of use? Or at least ask them to compensate for a lousy product... Claim taxi fare also happy....
    They sound like its my fault to get a faulty unit u think they will do anything meh.

Just to add: I told him that there is something wrong with the QC of D7K that this is a prevalent problem and U know what he say? He say its not a QC problem but a common problem with cmos(blah blah)... In the first place, did QC on the video mode and look at the screen at all? if they did, its not hard to miss the pixels. That's it, you guys judge for yourself if the QC/Service is acceptable (especially the 'power' explanation by the 'engineer')

NSC is not crowded and I was there abt 5.30pm. Apparently, many owners of D7k chose to live with it. Mine is a video problem and I use that function for a living. I don't wish to live with it.

Rumoured from BB that the first batch of d7000 have common hot pixel (sensor) and they have recall back to retify them at new plant. Hmm, so prehaps what we have here is the so call "first batch". Let wait for the next which will be coming in time for SITEX this month end and see whether this issue is much resolved. It was very much highlighted when other country receive the problematic one, and thought we will be getting the new batch. Look like we didn't... Nikon have a reputation and they will try to uphold. With so many people complaining at the problematic batch, I believe they will sort it out asap and issue those clean sensor very soon^^

Anyway, just shoot in raw and process thru ACR/LR, they will automatic do a pixel remap and remove hot pixel. There are also free program where you can download to combat this issue.
    Last edited by rainxp; 19th November 2010 at 12:35 AM.

Hummm... If I leave the len cover on and switch on live view... I don't see any dots, is that the way to verify?

Sorry to sound different. I tried everything. no hot pixel le.