Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6111415161718212641 ... LastLast

Thread: D7000 Discussion Thread II

Default Re: D7000 Discussion Thread II

yah; the price they tell me is acceptable. But cannot confirm is including the kit or not?
    Yes! wihtin this week.

In HK D300s price now about HK$10800 and D7000 is HK$11500!. Seems D300s is now cheaper in HK than Singapore. In this case D7000 almost $150 more expensive than D300s!

check out http://price.com.hk
    Last edited by desertfox65; 2nd November 2010 at 10:08 AM.

Hello folks,

regular reader, but I don't post much.
    I put aside my plans to get a D300s for a D7000 because I have recently jumped head-on into DSLR video (Currently shooting with a borrowed 7D and manual Nikkor lenses with adapter) and need a camera that can work excellently for stills (Either works for me, as my current portfolio is almost entirely shot with a D70s which I have pushed to its limits until it died, lol and either camera would be a massive upgrade) as well as 24 fps, 1080p video (Which only the D7000 has.

So as much as I want a semi-pro body to suit my semi-pro shooting habits, I think the D7000 is a better bet.

I did consult one of my sources who says that the initial 2-3 lots will not have a body only option and the kit would cost SGD2200 approx. Any truth to this?

I'd say SGD 1800 for body only is the ideal price for the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by san2001 View Post
    Hello folks,

regular reader, but I don't post much.
    I put aside my plans to get a D300s for a D7000 because I have recently jumped head-on into DSLR video (Currently shooting with a borrowed 7D and manual Nikkor lenses with adapter) and need a camera that can work excellently for stills (Either works for me, as my current portfolio is almost entirely shot with a D70s which I have pushed to its limits until it died, lol and either camera would be a massive upgrade) as well as 24 fps, 1080p video (Which only the D7000 has.

So as much as I want a semi-pro body to suit my semi-pro shooting habits, I think the D7000 is a better bet.

I did consult one of my sources who says that the initial 2-3 lots will not have a body only option and the kit would cost SGD2200 approx. Any truth to this?

I'd say SGD 1800 for body only is the ideal price for the camera.
    Yes. There will be body only option but not so soon. This was told by the Marketing people of Nikon during the D7000 kopi session. He is unable to confirm when there will be body only option too. Everything is subject to change.

personally, sgd1800 for body only i still feel it's overprice.
    considering many reputed websites in m'sia are taking a price bet of rm3999 abt sgd1680 for body only...
    Stirring up emotions with pics - cyliew

Ah, that's a pity. I was hoping to get the body only just around Christmas bonus time as I have decent glass to go with the body.

I am not sure if this is off-topic, but do you reckon if any shop would do me an in-shop trade (If I buy the kit, that is) for the 18-105 with say, the Tokina 11-16?

Due to skyhigh expectation, it's common that D7000 is selling at such a high price. You are buying a legend-in-the-making camera you know? So it's worth it.
    If not, just settle for other cheaper cameras or wait for another 2-3 months for the price to drop.
    Kent Wong Photography |Leica Q & Leica M-P 240 | 75 & 28mm Summilux

the selling price for the initial stage will be high . . . as many will queue up to get it . . .

wait a little longer for the hot cake to cool a little and the price will drop . . .

wonder why so many people dying to get this evil D7k?
    Shot more cos digital is FREE !!!

Yeah, I also don't know why. Talked to a salesperson from a famous shop in Funan a few days ago. He also said that D7k image is not really much fantastic for that price range. Maybe many people are too eager to see a replacement for the legendary D90 after 2 years wait?

Quote Originally Posted by weegk View Post
    the selling price for the initial stage will be high . . . as many will queue up to get it . . .

wait a little longer for the hot cake to cool a little and the price will drop . . .

wonder why so many people dying to get this evil D7k?
    Kent Wong Photography |Leica Q & Leica M-P 240 | 75 & 28mm Summilux

Quote Originally Posted by kentwong81 View Post
    Yeah, I also don't know why. Talked to a salesperson from a famous shop in Funan a few days ago. He also said that D7k image is not really much fantastic for that price range. Maybe many people are too eager to see a replacement for the legendary D90 after 2 years wait?
    replacement comes and goes . . . just wait a bit longer won't die right ?
    Shot more cos digital is FREE !!!

Not saying I'm a D300s user.. but all information can be review in internet.
    All the review about D7000..

To me.. I still find D300s better. ISO for D7000 is high but.. their 6400 is like my 800/1600.
    So.. It could be my eye got problem :P

You can compare it.. no need to wait until it launch in Singapore..
    The fact is out there!
    Last edited by bornwild4; 2nd November 2010 at 08:48 PM.

I beg to defer tho, i use to own 2 d300 and sold them. I feel D90 is better. When it come to raw performance is equal or even better. Of course my time spent with my two d300 is about 4 months, and d90 a year plus.

Quote Originally Posted by HELLOSTEVEN View Post
    Hi all,

where can buy the D7000 camera in malaysia? price?

i need the camera next week urgently..
    mid NOV!!!

use ur friends' first..

Quote Originally Posted by soeypixels View Post
    in this case i remembered D700 also have hot pixel

FYI it should be out in 7-14days from my fav. dealer
    but its over subscribe like the recent IPOs
    what is the case with the d700 hot pixels? nikon eventually fix it? or ??

haiz! this wait for the d7000 is so torturing. hope it can arrive by this weekend. :~~(

Quote Originally Posted by kvinP View Post
    mid NOV!!!

use ur friends' first..
    ok. thanks.,

Here is a shot I did earlier with the D7k and kit lens and SB800.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    Here is a shot I did earlier with the D7k and kit lens and SB800.

Nice Shot Thanks for sharing

Hey Lumiere, on the topic of hot pixel, if you mind taking a random video of 1080 format and post it up?

Probably a dark location with a high ISO like 1600 and 3200 would be appreciate.

Was so enthusiastic to buy till I saw one of the youtube video, and thought "Well, 1 or 2... "

Referring to this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZSSYi8jZs0

Only after watching another, that guy got 5-6 -_-;;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABj5pKP5NZ4

Really appreciate it >_<;;
    また再建しましょう~ ^_^