Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3678

Thread: BALI

Default Re: BALI

I just come back from Bali, Bali is full of steps and undulating terrain, everywhere u go, there will be steps, esp photography area, I have not seen temples without steps, but some has a lot more while some has lesser
    D90|10-24mm f3.5-4.5G|70-300mm VR f/4.5-5.6G|18-105mm VR f/3.5-5.6G|35mm f/1.8|SB700|MB-D80

if anyone wanna go to bali, i can find u a cheap villa or hotel and driver, u can PM me for the information..

I am going Bali in 1st week of December(4days), only Ubud. Thinking of the following list of places for my itinerary. Is this itinerary mission impossible/too cramp? I will only reach Ubud, 1st day in the afternoon and leaving on 4th day morning.

Was thinking of Mt Batur for evening sunset as well...or there are places from the list I can forgo? tks!

Ulun Danu Temple
    Pura Tirta Empul
    Gunung Kawi Royal Monument
    Taman Gili
    Jati Luwih
    Uluwatu Sunset

Quote Originally Posted by annmui View Post
    I am going Bali in 1st week of December(4days), only Ubud. Thinking of the following list of places for my itinerary. Is this itinerary mission impossible/too cramp? I will only reach Ubud, 1st day in the afternoon and leaving on 4th day morning.

Was thinking of Mt Batur for evening sunset as well...or there are places from the list I can forgo? tks!

Ulun Danu Temple
    Pura Tirta Empul
    Taman Gili
    Jati Luwih
    Uluwatu Sunset
    i think i post my trip here, maybe u can use as reference, i have a good driver though, so i was able to keep to my plan
    D90|10-24mm f3.5-4.5G|70-300mm VR f/4.5-5.6G|18-105mm VR f/3.5-5.6G|35mm f/1.8|SB700|MB-D80

Day 1:
    Goa Gajah
    Yeh Pulu
    Bebek Bengil
    Puri Saren Agung
    Gunung Agun

Day 2:
    Mount Batur
    Lake Bratur
    Tegallalang
    Tempaksiring
    Gunung Kawi

Day 3:
    Lake Bratan (Pura Ulun Temple)
    Lake Buyan & Tamblingan
    Lunch @ Pacung
    Munduk Waterfall
    Jatiluwih
    Pura Tanah Lot

Day 4:
    Pura Luhur Batukaru, Wongayagede
    Pura Taman Ayun
    Nusa Dua 5 star area
    Uluwatu Temple (Pura Uluwatu)
    Jimbaran
    Kuta

A bit of reshuffling here and there, but this is about the main guideline

Ulun Danu Temple
    Pura Tirta Empul
    Taman Gili
    Jati Luwih
    Uluwatu Sunset
    Ulun Danu Temple ~ when i was there, one of the structure was under reconstruction. anyway, I wasn't impressed. but i was impressed with food, Ayam Bakar Taliwang, across the road

i felt you should add Tanah Lot

Hi Ann,

Places
    I dont think its a gd idea to hve Mt batur as a sunset place for photography.
    Am currently in Bali and Mt Batur closes its entrance to tourists at 5pm local time. Try to go there if u want, either for for sunrise shoot or early morning air is fresh and cool, remb to bring along a windbreaker

Below was my itinerary which i did a few days back, you can run thru and add on if you want. A place that i could not visit was Gitgit waterfall as i had 1 person on wheel chair but if you can tryout this place

Food
    Ubud is a food haven. couple of food is a must try if you are there if you do not already know

1. UBUD Babi guling - IBU OKA (if you are dining in its fine prices are the same at 30k rp, but if you intend to pack out ask your driver to buy on your behalf if you engaged one. he pays 15k rp if he buys, you pay 30k rp if you show ur face)

2. UBUD Roasted RIBS at naughty Nuri's - DONT COME BACK TO SGP if you didnt dine at this place. superb stuff. everything i ate during my past 4 days places in compairison to this diner. the RIBS are a must order , mee goreng is suprisingly good though they used maggi mee

3. UBUD Bebek Bengil - crispy duck
    didnt really live up to its name. You can try if your mid section has enough space otherwise you can give it a miss.

4. KUTA Maliboro restoran
    operates like a fastfood restaurant, food is suprisingly tasty, their crispy fried chicken (can makan tog with bones) and batter wraped fish are wonderful

5. if you do visit Bedugul (Lake Bratan) and have to stop for lunch. DONT eat at the restaurant which serves buffet lunch (ie the entire stretch of restaurants are all serving this lunch buffet). The driver may bring you there just for convenience but seriously for the price you pay it sucks. Hang in there and eat elsewhere instead, even macdonalds taste better. this is where packing food from UBUD comes in handy

Day 1 07 Nov 10 (Half Day)

2:45pm Denpasar Airport to for Hotel Check-in
    3:30pm Lunch at Seminyak
    5:30pm Head back to Tanah lot for Ocen view & sunset viewing
    7:00pm Dinner then back to Hotel End of day

Day 2 08 Nov 10 (Full Day)

10:00am pick up at Hotel to Ubud
    12:00pm lunch at Ubud
    01:00pm tour around the area (need your advise what to do in Ubud)
    02:30pm head out to Tegallalang to view the terrace rice-fields
    03:30pm Go to Mt Batur , Kintamani 06:30pm Dinner, then back to Hotel

Day 3 09 Nov 10 (Full Day)

10:00am pick up at Hotel to Lake Bratan (Bedugul)
    01:00pm go to Ubud for lunch / shopping
    04:00pm move out to Kedonganan beach for sunset viewing / dinner
    07:30pm Back to hotel

Day 4 10 Nov 10 (Full Day)

05:30am pick up Hotel to Kusamba Beach for sunrise viewing
    08:00am Breakfast
    10:00am Free & easy
    14:00pm Free & easy
    04:30pm Uluwatu for sunset and ocean view
    07:00pm Dinner and back to hotel

Ulun Danu Temple
    Pura Tirta Empul
    Taman Gili
    Jati Luwih
    Uluwatu Sunset

Thanks all for the information!

Planning a trip there on 03 Dec over the weekend.....thanks to all for the tips too....

Quote Originally Posted by silvertrek View Post
    Planning a trip there on 03 Dec over the weekend.....thanks to all for the tips too....
    Sounds too short!
    To me, Bali is a place one can go to at least a few times, and not yet be bored with it.
    Don't try to squeeze too much. Enjoy the leisurely pace of life there. Have a good and safe trip!
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Kopiko79 View Post

5. if you do visit Bedugul (Lake Bratan) and have to stop for lunch. DON'T eat at the restaurant which serves buffet lunch (ie the entire stretch of restaurants are all serving this lunch buffet). The driver may bring you there just for convenience but seriously for the price you pay it sucks. Hang in there and eat elsewhere instead, even McDonald's taste better. this is where packing food from UBUD comes in handy

I wish I had read this kind of advice before I went!
    Ended up at the buffet restaurant at Bedugul, since the driver stopped us there.
    Still affordable by Singapore standards (about S$14 per head), though I agree that the quality is nothing to crow about. Well, at least they provided air-con and quite nice ambience.
    Exploring! :)

Im travelling there next month and will be my first time there.
    What is the voltage and plug use in Bali?
    Last edited by fitzy; 12th November 2010 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fitzy View Post
    Im travelling there next month and will be my first time there.
    What is the voltage and plug use in Bali?
    voltage same as singapore
    plug, buy the 2 round pins

2 Pin round plug should be the EU plug like this one I guess -

yup, correct

Quote Originally Posted by desertstrike View Post
    yup, correct
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by fitzy View Post
    Thank you
    if u following my itinerary, can engage my driver, he knows the way well cos i just went there, haha

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3678