Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 25678 LastLast

Thread: BALI

Default Re: BALI

Quote Originally Posted by blurfoto View Post
    hepatitis jab? up to you, didn't take the jab, but i did that prior going for my Vietnam few years ago not too sure if it's effective. there are flu shot available too if you want

remember to reserve 150K rp for departure tax
    Is it per person 150k?? It is so expensive...
    D90|10-24mm f3.5-4.5G|70-300mm VR f/4.5-5.6G|18-105mm VR f/3.5-5.6G|35mm f/1.8|SB700|MB-D80

yup 150k rp person... and they only accept cash

technically it's not a departure tax, but rather an airport tax, which is normally included in ticket fare when we depart from singapore. but in indonesia, airport taxes are collected directly when we check-in for our flight.

Quote Originally Posted by desertstrike View Post
    okie,sure,will bring panadol
    panadol is definitely not preventive medication, is it? haha.
    blackmore echinacea+zinc is pretty good to prevent flu

Quote Originally Posted by pl4nx View Post
    panadol is definitely not preventive medication, is it? haha.
    blackmore echinacea+zinc is pretty good to prevent flu
    oh i see
    D90|10-24mm f3.5-4.5G|70-300mm VR f/4.5-5.6G|18-105mm VR f/3.5-5.6G|35mm f/1.8|SB700|MB-D80

Quote Originally Posted by pl4nx View Post
    technically it's not a departure tax, but rather an airport tax, which is normally included in ticket fare when we depart from singapore. but in indonesia, airport taxes are collected directly when we check-in for our flight.
    oh, no wonder, my departure flight no tax

anybody knows if wanna go kuta/seminyak for shopping, where is good to shop?

anyone go up mt batur? is it cold up there?

so whos gonna go Bali at januari next year? heard from my friend mount batur is cold, he trekking on the mountain at 12 am night, and take the picture of the sunrise...
    indonesia only have airport tax, 150K rupiah for international flight..

Quote Originally Posted by dannytux View Post
    so whos gonna go Bali at januari next year? heard from my friend mount batur is cold, he trekking on the mountain at 12 am night, and take the picture of the sunrise...
    indonesia only have airport tax, 150K rupiah for international flight..
    You looking for travel kaki or ____ ?
    Everyone's definition of 'cold' is different. To me, I find 10-16 degrees C very nice and comfortable.

But it's a mountain. At altitude, temperature is bound to be lower than at sea level.

departure tax is collected at a counter within the international terminal, which you have to pass through as you head to the plane. Unavoidable.
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    You looking for travel kaki or ____ ?
    Everyone's definition of 'cold' is different. To me, I find 10-16 degrees C very nice and comfortable.

But it's a mountain. At altitude, temperature is bound to be lower than at sea level.

departure tax is collected at a counter within the international terminal, which you have to pass through as you head to the plane. Unavoidable.
    i mean who knows someone from CS go bali same time with me, so i can learn ^^

errr.10 degres, so cold lah ^^
    but a sunset view from mount batur my friend said is nice..

Quote Originally Posted by dannytux View Post
    i mean who knows someone from CS go bali same time with me, so i can learn ^^

errr.10 degres, so cold lah ^^
    but a sunset view from mount batur my friend said is nice..
    yes, it is very nice, and it is v cold up there, better bring a wind breaker up there...

Dear Friends,

Flying off to Bali tmr, hope you can share you thoughts on my itinerary below

1) The places that we are gg is it accessible for wheelchair to manouvre around? if not can describe how tough the terrain is.
    2) Been hearing pple say got 1 place in Bali is gd for seafood not the touristy jimbaran but another location. Anyone familiar?

Thanks for the inputs and sharing your thoughts

Day 1 07 Nov 10 (Half Day)

2:45pm Denpasar Airport to for Hotel Check-in
    3:30pm Lunch at Seminyak
    5:30pm Head back to Tanah lot for Ocen view & sunset viewing
    7:00pm Dinner then back to Hotel End of day

Day 2 08 Nov 10 (Full Day)

10:00am pick up at Hotel to Ubud
    12:00pm lunch at Ubud
    01:00pm tour around the area (need your advise what to do in Ubud)
    02:30pm head out to Tegallalang to view the terrace rice-fields
    03:30pm Go to Mt Batur , Kintamani for Sunset viewing
    06:30pm Dinner, then back to Hotel

Day 3 09 Nov 10 (Full Day)

10:00am pick up at Hotel to Lake Bratan (Bedugul)
    01:00pm go to Ubud for lunch / shopping
    04:00pm move out to Kedonganan beach for sunset viewing / dinner
    07:30pm Back to hotel

Day 4 10 Nov 10 (Full Day)

05:30am pick up Hotel to Kusamba Beach for sunrise viewing
    08:00am Breakfast
    10:00am Free & easy
    14:00pm Free & easy
    04:30pm Uluwatu for sunset and ocean view
    07:00pm Dinner and back to hotel

Hi kopiko79, I think most the the sight seeing place is quite difficult for wheel chair manourve around, especially Tanah Lot n Uluwatu.these 2 places do not have flat path to access.U might not be able to get closer to these spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopiko79 View Post
    Dear Friends,

Flying off to Bali tmr, hope you can share you thoughts on my itinerary below

1) The places that we are gg is it accessible for wheelchair to manouvre around? if not can describe how tough the terrain is.
    2) Been hearing pple say got 1 place in Bali is gd for seafood not the touristy jimbaran but another location. Anyone familiar?

Thanks for the inputs and sharing your thoughts

Day 1 07 Nov 10 (Half Day)

2:45pm Denpasar Airport to for Hotel Check-in
    3:30pm Lunch at Seminyak
    5:30pm Head back to Tanah lot for Ocen view & sunset viewing
    7:00pm Dinner then back to Hotel End of day

Day 2 08 Nov 10 (Full Day)

10:00am pick up at Hotel to Ubud
    12:00pm lunch at Ubud
    01:00pm tour around the area (need your advise what to do in Ubud)
    02:30pm head out to Tegallalang to view the terrace rice-fields
    03:30pm Go to Mt Batur , Kintamani for Sunset viewing
    06:30pm Dinner, then back to Hotel

Day 3 09 Nov 10 (Full Day)

10:00am pick up at Hotel to Lake Bratan (Bedugul)
    01:00pm go to Ubud for lunch / shopping
    04:00pm move out to Kedonganan beach for sunset viewing / dinner
    07:30pm Back to hotel

Day 4 10 Nov 10 (Full Day)

05:30am pick up Hotel to Kusamba Beach for sunrise viewing
    08:00am Breakfast
    10:00am Free & easy
    14:00pm Free & easy
    04:30pm Uluwatu for sunset and ocean view
    07:00pm Dinner and back to hotel

HI Spike,

noted but since a few of us are going we can carry the person if it is just a few flight of stairs to get to higher ground.

How abt lake batur? is it even acessible to get to the destination? we hve a driver but not sure how near he can take us

Quote Originally Posted by Spikenap View Post
    Hi kopiko79, I think most the the sight seeing place is quite difficult for wheel chair manourve around, especially Tanah Lot n Uluwatu.these 2 places do not have flat path to access.U might not be able to get closer to these spot.

It's not so much steps but more uneven terrain. The person on wheelchair will feel quite restricted at those "photography" spots.
    It might become a "burden" to everyone who is inconvenienced, and the wheelchair-bound person might feel paiseh to be such trouble.

Yo zero,

noted with thks but that person is my grandmother. Inconvenience is not a problem for me more impt is she enjoy the sights and scenary

my other concern is hopefully it wont be uncomfortable for her if just some small bumps its ok but if it requires to trekking through a forest or other highly inacessible terrain then i probably will hve to take it out from my itinenary.

will you be able to provide some insights based on the places we are gg?

It's not so much steps but more uneven terrain. The person on wheelchair will feel quite restricted at those "photography" spots.
    It might become a "burden" to everyone who is inconvenienced, and the wheelchair-bound person might feel paiseh to be such trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopiko79 View Post
    Yo zero,

noted with thks but that person is my grandmother. Inconvenience is not a problem for me more impt is she enjoy the sights and scenary

my other concern is hopefully it wont be uncomfortable for her if just some small bumps its ok but if it requires to trekking through a forest or other highly inacessible terrain then i probably will hve to take it out from my itinenary.

will you be able to provide some insights based on the places we are gg?
    If it's your grandmother and she's not into photography, then she can sit somewhere and enjoy the scenery, or basically avoid those "difficult" places.
    Should be ok

I've not been to Batur, so can't comment on that.
    Ubud area and Bratan all should be ok. Plenty of places to explore that are quite accessible. Just some steps here and there.

xie xie!

If it's your grandmother and she's not into photography, then she can sit somewhere and enjoy the scenery, or basically avoid those "difficult" places.
    Should be ok

I've not been to Batur, so can't comment on that.
    Ubud area and Bratan all should be ok. Plenty of places to explore that are quite accessible. Just some steps here and there.

no worries
    I've only been to Bali once before, so my memory of the place ain't that great. Most towns are like what you'd expect to find in Malaysia. And I don't mean Jaya Jusco and Carrefour!! Basically small streets and shophouses and uneven pavements, etc.
    Only in the touristy areas (eg. Kuta) will you likely find shopping malls, etc.

I'm sure you will be able to adapt to the situation. If your grandmother is still able to get in/out of the wheelchair fairly easily, and make a few assisted steps, you should still be able to have an enjoyable and interesting holiday.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 25678 LastLast