Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: BALI

Default Re: BALI

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    dunno about that.

I heard that Batur is 'controlled' by local guides, who demand that you engage one (of course must pay sufficient $$) to bring you to the peak/summit.
    Perhaps someone in the know can shed some light on this.
    I think you refering to Besakih Temple?

I stay here few weeks ago
    http://www.villakubu.com/

btw, you get tons of information for day tour when you are there.
    It abt 70-80USD for two persons.
    With driver, guide and car.
    Everything in , include entry fees if any and lunch and dinner too.
    If you take this out, I could be cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by archon View Post
    I stay here few weeks ago
    http://www.villakubu.com/

btw, you get tons of information for day tour when you are there.
    It abt 70-80USD for two persons.
    With driver, guide and car.
    Everything in , include entry fees if any and lunch and dinner too.
    If you take this out, I could be cheaper.
    hi archon, i went in, it is like USD 250 and above... how u get 70-80 USD?
    D90|10-24mm f3.5-4.5G|70-300mm VR f/4.5-5.6G|18-105mm VR f/3.5-5.6G|35mm f/1.8|SB700|MB-D80

Sorry, I mean day tour...the villa is abt 250+++

oh icic....
    D90|10-24mm f3.5-4.5G|70-300mm VR f/4.5-5.6G|18-105mm VR f/3.5-5.6G|35mm f/1.8|SB700|MB-D80

Guys, it is getting near!

For the temple, is there anything that we need to look out for in attire, esp girls' attire?

Also, did your take any injection b4 going?

Best you bring along your own sarongs and scarf. Basically anyone wearing shorts, bermudas or skirts have to wear sarong before you enter temple area. Long pants is ok except you have to get a sash to tie round your waist. Scarfs for sleeveless blouse or tee. This is also applicable when you go up Uluwatu Cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Tan View Post
    Best you bring along your own sarongs and scarf. Basically anyone wearing shorts, bermudas or skirts have to wear sarong before you enter temple area. Long pants is ok except you have to get a sash to tie round your waist. Scarfs for sleeveless blouse or tee. This is also applicable when you go up Uluwatu Cliff.
    thanks for the info Andrew!

This temple at tanah lot is cool...can walk there during low tide. Prepare to get wet.

My guide told me that couple not married should not visit it. It only a myth.

Quote Originally Posted by desertstrike View Post
    Guys, it is getting near!

For the temple, is there anything that we need to look out for in attire, esp girls' attire?

Also, did your take any injection b4 going?
    just got back recently, at uluwatu I was provided sarong FOC by temple
    and be really careful with the monkeys at uluwatu, remove hair clips, specs or whatever small objects that can be snatch easily. it almost snatch my P&S camera pouch & my specs (it drop on the ground, so lucky)

i did not take any injection, it wasn't that bad. but just stay away from the dogs (even bali folks does that)

Quote Originally Posted by blurfoto View Post
    just got back recently, at uluwatu I was provided sarong FOC by temple
    and be really careful with the monkeys at uluwatu, remove hair clips, specs or whatever small objects that can be snatch easily. it almost snatch my P&S camera pouch & my specs (it drop on the ground, so lucky)

i did not take any injection, it wasn't that bad. but just stay away from the dogs (even bali folks does that)
    oh wat abt the seafood? need to take injection before can eat the seafood there?

Quote Originally Posted by archon View Post

This temple at tanah lot is cool...can walk there during low tide. Prepare to get wet.

My guide told me that couple not married should not visit it. It only a myth.
    the get wet part is only the feet? or... cos i was afraid that my dslr will get wet...

Quote Originally Posted by zy974 View Post
    Hi,
    I'm heading there next week for a short trip...
    these are the places i'm going which you might find it useful

Places to visit:
    Pura Tman Ayun
    Pura Ulu Danu @ Bratan Lake
    Tanah Lot for sunset
    Tampak Siring
    Teglalang
    Pasar Ubud
    Uluwatu Temple for sunset

Possible Activities I might go
    Water Rafting
    Mekepung buffalo races(if available)
    Mt Climbing
    Banyan tree cycling tour
    Water sports activities
    Sky diving
    great info!! thanks!!

did u get a driver?

Ya Ho~~~

I'm back
    Had a great time there...
    Just some tips that you might find it useful...

You might wanna get a SIM card, you can use it to call back to SG and also if you are lost or wanna move on to the next destination you can call ur driver or taxi to pick you up...
    the cost of the SIM card is not very expensive 20k for the card with abt 10k value inside...but please top up another 20k just in case.

Bali is a place where giving tips to the person who serve you is impt (like bell boy etc...)
    but there's no need to tip too much $10-15k Rp is more than sufficient
    If you decide to buy things.. you can always go quote below half price....you can also bargain abit if you interested to go for water sports activities. (like 4activities for the price of 3 )

This is the driver I used...
    his name is Mr Bagus, and like his name he is really BAGUS (malay word for good)
    my friend called him the human GPS as he knows all the roads/shortcut in Bali.. his service is quite good.. provide 24hr service at the price of 350K Rp.. and there's number of times we reach the hotel like 12-1am and he was fine with it..
    If you are into spa, you can also get him to recomend... we paid like half price for the spa we went to.

If you still havent get your driver you can try contacting him and provide him with ur itinerary he can assist you in planning ur route as well..
    You can also quote my name as my group built a good rapport with him during our trip.
    (Zhi Ying who book the trip with him on 13-16 oct 2010)

This is his contact
    Mr Bagus: gelo82181@yahoo.com
    Mobile: +6281999115999 / +6281337229717

the get wet part is only the feet? or... cos i was afraid that my dslr will get wet...
    feet only... unless you fall or something... so just change to a pair of slipper if u are heading there

Ya Ho~~~

I'm back
    Had a great time there...
    Just some tips that you might find it useful...

You might wanna get a SIM card, you can use it to call back to SG and also if you are lost or wanna move on to the next destination you can call ur driver or taxi to pick you up...
    the cost of the SIM card is not very expensive 20k for the card with abt 10k value inside...but please top up another 20k just in case.

Bali is a place where giving tips to the person who serve you is impt (like bell boy etc...)
    but there's no need to tip too much $10-15k Rp is more than sufficient
    If you decide to buy things.. you can always go quote below half price....you can also bargain abit if you interested to go for water sports activities. (like 4activities for the price of 3 )

This is the driver I used...
    his name is Mr Bagus, and like his name he is really BAGUS (malay word for good)
    my friend called him the human GPS as he knows all the roads/shortcut in Bali.. his service is quite good.. provide 24hr service at the price of 350K Rp.. and there's number of times we reach the hotel like 12-1am and he was fine with it..
    If you are into spa, you can also get him to recomend... we paid like half price for the spa we went to.

If you still havent get your driver you can try contacting him and provide him with ur itinerary he can assist you in planning ur route as well..
    You can also quote my name as my group built a good rapport with him during our trip.
    (Zhi Ying who book the trip with him on 13-16 oct 2010)

This is his contact
    Mr Bagus: gelo82181@yahoo.com
    Mobile: +6281999115999 / +6281337229717
    good to hear that! i am departing in 3 days time! haha!

Hows the weather there?

Do u know if take taxi from kuta to nusa dua, is how much?

and take taxi from kuta to seminyak is how much?

feet only... unless you fall or something... so just change to a pair of slipper if u are heading there
    okie, thanks for the tip zy!

good to hear that! i am departing in 3 days time! haha!

Hows the weather there?

Do u know if take taxi from kuta to nusa dua, is how much?

and take taxi from kuta to seminyak is how much?
    I din really take taxi around there... but from what i heard... probably around $40k and up to take from kuta to nusa dua (depending which part of nusa dua you going) not so sure abt kuta to seminyak... should be ard the same...
    if you taking blue bird... remember to ask them to charge by meter

Weather is ok... slight drizzle every now and then... remember to bring a mini umbrella just in case..
    bring some flu preventive medication... since this type of weather you will tend to catch cold easily...
    Last edited by zy974; 21st October 2010 at 01:25 AM.

hie guys...really nice to hear that u guys had great trip to bali...im goin the on the 5th to 9th of nov n stayin at seminyak..wanna know frm u exprience ppl is there any nice place or scenery in seminyak?? seen like no body goes there for any photo shoot...

I din really take taxi around there... but from what i heard... probably around $40k and up to take from kuta to nusa dua (depending which part of nusa dua you going) not so sure abt kuta to seminyak... should be ard the same...
    if you taking blue bird... remember to ask them to charge by meter

Weather is ok... slight drizzle every now and then... remember to bring a mini umbrella just in case..
    bring some flu preventive medication... since this type of weather you will tend to catch cold easily...
    okie,sure,will bring panadol

oh wat abt the seafood? need to take injection before can eat the seafood there?
    hepatitis jab? up to you, didn't take the jab, but i did that prior going for my Vietnam few years ago not too sure if it's effective. there are flu shot available too if you want

remember to reserve 150K rp for departure tax

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast