Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 157

Thread: BALI

  1. #81

    Default Re: BALI

    Quote Originally Posted by desertstrike View Post
    then if it rained... then the driver must still pay him, or can just cancel him one day?

    anyway... i still have not found a good driver yet...
    The driver yet to reply u? aiyo....

  2. #82

    Default Re: BALI

    Quote Originally Posted by Spikenap View Post
    The driver yet to reply u? aiyo....
    yah...

    but the driver u gave me is which one ar?

    i sent out a few, none reply yet... this monring i sent out another one... not sure whether is the one u recommend...
    D90|10-24mm f3.5-4.5G|70-300mm VR f/4.5-5.6G|18-105mm VR f/3.5-5.6G|35mm f/1.8|SB700|MB-D80

  3. #83

    Default Re: BALI

    ok guys, i have this temp itinerary:

    1. reach Bali ard 9pm, will check in hotel at ubud
    2. 8am move out from hotel
    3. 8.30am reach tegalalang rice terrace
    4. 10am depart rice terrace and proceed to kintamali
    5. reach kinatamli ard 11am? (will it be too late for photogrpahy or go somewhere else, then come back another day 6am to see sunrise)?

    the rest of the destination will be after settle this, haha, anyone pls comment, thanks!
    D90|10-24mm f3.5-4.5G|70-300mm VR f/4.5-5.6G|18-105mm VR f/3.5-5.6G|35mm f/1.8|SB700|MB-D80

  4. #84

    Default Re: BALI

    Hi Friend, just spoke to the driver. He said your date of travel was for 23rd March. Maybe it's another email but he will reply you today. As for the Hotel, you can call my friend direct +65 97684494. He & his wife works in Singapore. His name is Dewa Negara and speaks & write English so no problem with communication. Believe they also can arrange transport but I have never used his transport before so I can comment. However, for my name sake he'll try to do his best. Please do not expect too much from the hotel. TV no programs and Breakfast very simple. Please bargain as much as possible for the room rates.

    I think your itinerary is OK. As for Tirta Empul Temple, the best time to go is when hundreds of Hindu devotees goes there for cleansing. It's like 1st or 15th of our chinese calenders where you see hundreds of people at Quan Yim Temple. So this may upset you plan.

    I also see you left out Jimbaran & Uluwatu Cliff. Jimbaran you go early morning when all the fishing boats starts to come in. You can take pictures of woman carrying pails of fishes on their heads, fishermans mending the nets and bringing up their boat to the land. The boats are very colorful. You can enjoy good seafood at Jimbaran Beach.

    Uluwatu Cliff very nice scenery and the sunset is beautiful. However, you have to be careful of the monkeys. The are trainned by locals to snatch spectacles, small cameras, handphones, hairbands. You'll get them back if you give them $$$ and they recognise by color. You throw bananas to exchange they will ignore you. So nothing of those must be insight, must be totally hidden. Of course you hold on to your cameras and handphones securely. At night they have this traditional dance - warrior in tradition clothings dancing around fire.

    As for sunset, to me the best is at Tanah Lot and Uluwatu Cliff. At Uluwatu you can take it from two different sides.

  5. #85

    Default Re: BALI

    hi andrew, thank you so much!

    er... actually i shortlisted all the places that i wanna visit, can u roughly tell me how much time i should spend there?

    Day 1 (reach ard 9pm)
    - check in hotel @ ubud

    Day 2 (base @ ubud)
    1. Ubud (morning) (9-3pm) (ubud palace, Goa Gajah, Tirta Empul, Pura Kehan)

    2. Tegalalang rice terrace (1hour?) (reach there ard 4pm, possible?)

    3. Gunung Agung (1hour?)

    4. kinamani (sunset) then base there

    Day 3
    5. kintamani (sunrise) (set off at 5am?) (5am -> 10am?) (then go back hotel rest and for lunch since it is just nearby)

    6. Munduk waterfall (2 hour)

    7. Jatiluwih (1 hour)

    8. go back resort at Kinamani to play canoeing etc etc

    day 4
    9. Lake bratan (depart at 7am, hopefully reach there at 8am, then from 8am till 10am) (2hour?)

    10. Lake Buyan (10.30 - 12.30) (lunch)

    11. Lake tamblingan (2-3, 1 hour?)

    12. jimbaran (2hour) (dinner) (base @ kuta)

    day 5
    13. jimbaran (early morning for fishing boat)

    14. sanur

    15. nusa dua

    16. lunch

    17. uluwatu

    day 6
    basically rest in villa, and explore kuta and tanah lot

    day 7
    rest in villa, until check out, flight at 10pm, maybe can explore a bit of other places also then airport

    please comment on the time allocated to these spots, and whether the distance and travelling time can make it or not thanks!
    Last edited by desertstrike; 15th October 2010 at 01:51 PM.
    D90|10-24mm f3.5-4.5G|70-300mm VR f/4.5-5.6G|18-105mm VR f/3.5-5.6G|35mm f/1.8|SB700|MB-D80

  6. #86
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,522

    Default Re: BALI

    Seems like your itinerary causes you to spend a lot of time travelling to a place then back again to your base. To me that's a bit inefficient.

    I would rather keep moving in one direction, so as not to keep back-tracking.
    Am not familiar with all the places you mentioned, though I would have to say that for Day 3, you stated Jatiluwih, which is a pretty long drive from Kintamani area. Then you're going back to Kintamani after that...

  7. #87

    Default Re: BALI

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Seems like your itinerary causes you to spend a lot of time travelling to a place then back again to your base. To me that's a bit inefficient.

    I would rather keep moving in one direction, so as not to keep back-tracking.
    Am not familiar with all the places you mentioned, though I would have to say that for Day 3, you stated Jatiluwih, which is a pretty long drive from Kintamani area. Then you're going back to Kintamani after that...
    ok, i will think about that again

    anyway, what are the time allocated to each location, are those time allocated good enough?
    D90|10-24mm f3.5-4.5G|70-300mm VR f/4.5-5.6G|18-105mm VR f/3.5-5.6G|35mm f/1.8|SB700|MB-D80

  8. #88
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,522

    Default Re: BALI

    again, i'm not familiar with all the places (kintamani, munduk waterfall, etc), so I can't comment on all.

    Jatiluwih can spend about an hour or so there. Sounds all right. But the nice part is located off the main road between Kuta and Lovina. To turn off that road and travel to the nice part, then back out again to the main road (same spot), is about 2 hours or so I reckon.

  9. #89

    Default Re: BALI

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    again, i'm not familiar with all the places (kintamani, munduk waterfall, etc), so I can't comment on all.

    Jatiluwih can spend about an hour or so there. Sounds all right. But the nice part is located off the main road between Kuta and Lovina. To turn off that road and travel to the nice part, then back out again to the main road (same spot), is about 2 hours or so I reckon.
    Hmmm... Ok jatiluwih 1 hour. Wat about the rest? And wats the name of the nice spot u mention?
    D90|10-24mm f3.5-4.5G|70-300mm VR f/4.5-5.6G|18-105mm VR f/3.5-5.6G|35mm f/1.8|SB700|MB-D80

  10. #90
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,522

    Default Re: BALI

    Quote Originally Posted by desertstrike View Post
    Hmmm... Ok jatiluwih 1 hour. Wat about the rest? And wats the name of the nice spot u mention?
    jatiluwih lor....


    I think you don't get my point...
    jatiluwih is an entire area/region.
    The driver took us to one place (within Jatiluwih) where the place 'opens up' and you see lots of nice terraces all around. I saw many photogs there. I think that's the favourite spot. To get to this spot from the main road turn-off, and back to the same spot on the main road, takes about 2+ hours for the round trip. Add the 1 hour you'll spend photographing, and that makes it 3-4 hours detour.

    I covered all this in the thread which I had linked to you. I'm just repeating myself here...
    Last edited by ZerocoolAstra; 15th October 2010 at 03:59 PM.
    Exploring! :)

  11. #91

    Default Re: BALI

    I'll talk to my friend Dewa, he is a Balinese. He knows the places very well and can provide quite accurate information and get back to you. We see each other every Tues for Badminton. I'll print out your itinerary and get his opinion.

  12. #92

    Default Re: BALI

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Tan View Post
    I'll talk to my friend Dewa, he is a Balinese. He knows the places very well and can provide quite accurate information and get back to you. We see each other every Tues for Badminton. I'll print out your itinerary and get his opinion.
    thank you so much andrew!!!
    D90|10-24mm f3.5-4.5G|70-300mm VR f/4.5-5.6G|18-105mm VR f/3.5-5.6G|35mm f/1.8|SB700|MB-D80

  13. #93

    Default Re: BALI

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    jatiluwih lor....


    I think you don't get my point...
    jatiluwih is an entire area/region.
    The driver took us to one place (within Jatiluwih) where the place 'opens up' and you see lots of nice terraces all around. I saw many photogs there. I think that's the favourite spot. To get to this spot from the main road turn-off, and back to the same spot on the main road, takes about 2+ hours for the round trip. Add the 1 hour you'll spend photographing, and that makes it 3-4 hours detour.

    I covered all this in the thread which I had linked to you. I'm just repeating myself here...
    oh, maybe i miss this part... i think i will go see the thread again, thanks!
    D90|10-24mm f3.5-4.5G|70-300mm VR f/4.5-5.6G|18-105mm VR f/3.5-5.6G|35mm f/1.8|SB700|MB-D80

  14. #94

    Default Re: BALI

    anybody climb Mount Batur for sunrise & Gunung Agung for sunset b4? will die of fatigue? haha
    D90|10-24mm f3.5-4.5G|70-300mm VR f/4.5-5.6G|18-105mm VR f/3.5-5.6G|35mm f/1.8|SB700|MB-D80

  15. #95
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,522

    Default Re: BALI

    Quote Originally Posted by desertstrike View Post
    anybody climb Mount Batur for sunrise & Gunung Agung for sunset b4? will die of fatigue? haha
    on the same day???

    I think agung is super high leh... and not easily accessible. Batur I think you can travel by vehicle quite close by. It's not like Mt Kinabalu.
    But Agung...
    Exploring! :)

  16. #96

    Default Re: BALI

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    on the same day???

    I think agung is super high leh... and not easily accessible. Batur I think you can travel by vehicle quite close by. It's not like Mt Kinabalu.
    But Agung...
    ok, then i think i spilt, both these places need a guide?
    D90|10-24mm f3.5-4.5G|70-300mm VR f/4.5-5.6G|18-105mm VR f/3.5-5.6G|35mm f/1.8|SB700|MB-D80

  17. #97
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,522

    Default Re: BALI

    Quote Originally Posted by desertstrike View Post
    ok, then i think i spilt, both these places need a guide?
    dunno about that.

    I heard that Batur is 'controlled' by local guides, who demand that you engage one (of course must pay sufficient $$) to bring you to the peak/summit.
    Perhaps someone in the know can shed some light on this.
    Exploring! :)

  18. #98

    Default Re: BALI

    okie, by the way, anybody stay in good villas in kuta/seminyak area?

    got private pool that kind de...

    any to recommend?
    D90|10-24mm f3.5-4.5G|70-300mm VR f/4.5-5.6G|18-105mm VR f/3.5-5.6G|35mm f/1.8|SB700|MB-D80

  19. #99

    Default Re: BALI

    Quote Originally Posted by desertstrike View Post
    okie, by the way, anybody stay in good villas in kuta/seminyak area?

    got private pool that kind de...

    any to recommend?
    Bro, google "bali private villa". I booked mine at BNG villa, quite a cheap deal.

  20. #100

    Default Re: BALI

    okie, will check it out, thanks!
    D90|10-24mm f3.5-4.5G|70-300mm VR f/4.5-5.6G|18-105mm VR f/3.5-5.6G|35mm f/1.8|SB700|MB-D80

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •