Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 173237404142434447 ... LastLast

Thread: D90 User Group (Thread IV)

Default Re: D90 User Group (Thread IV)

Quote Originally Posted by parky View Post
    i explain to NSC that i was overseas and the warranty just expired. After some "swee" talk, i am a happy
    they repair the AF for me FOC again. Nice gesture from NSC Singapore
    like i always say, i always get what i want when you open your mouth and ask.
    Good deal bro
    a Nikon body, some lenses, a flash, and a whole lot of dusty photos

thats very nice of them!

Quote Originally Posted by parky

i explain to NSC that i was overseas and the warranty just expired. After some "swee" talk, i am a happy
    they repair the AF for me FOC again. Nice gesture from NSC Singapore
    like i always say, i always get what i want when you open your mouth and ask.
    Glad you got it settled
    Exploring! :)

morningg everyone!~

would like to find out if Raynox DCR-250 would work on a Sigma 30mm/50mm F1.4..on a D90

Quote Originally Posted by iandao View Post
    morningg everyone!~

would like to find out if Raynox DCR-250 would work on a Sigma 30mm/50mm F1.4..on a D90
    for sigma 30, u shld be able to use it without any prob.
    but do note that is is using a 62mm filter so there maybe some vignette

for sigma 50, it is quite big 77mm filter the clip on for raynox is not able to go up to 77 but only 67mm so u can use a step down filter if u really wan but will have vignette for sure.

nikon 50 f1.4 or 35 will be able to use it without any vignette as it uses 52mm filter.

oh okay..thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by quizesilver View Post
    for sigma 30, u shld be able to use it without any prob.
    but do note that is is using a 62mm filter so there maybe some vignette

for sigma 50, it is quite big 77mm filter the clip on for raynox is not able to go up to 77 but only 67mm so u can use a step down filter if u really wan but will have vignette for sure.

nikon 50 f1.4 or 35 will be able to use it without any vignette as it uses 52mm filter.

Quote Originally Posted by pasay View Post
    welcome to CS, and the "evil " D90 group.
    Hi,

I'm new in D90. And I know you are well knowledge in D90 DSLR. Some funtion need your advice.

1. May I know how to cancelled the AF-assist lamp while I'm taking very low light environment. Some of the area are not required for camera when performing. If this lamp funtion have been cancelled. Is that affected my quality of picture? What is the setting procedure?

2. May I know how to change my picture countinue running number (SC). When I down load all my photo to computer and re-shot another event again, the number always re-start to DSC-0001. This may happen when I copy my new phtot over to the same file folder and may over-write my pervious photo.

3. When I shoting the person who wearing white shirt with white table cloth. May I know what setting should I set to prevent over expose?

Hope can hear from you soon.

Regards
    Mickel

check this out if the user manual is too much for you.

http://kenrockwell.com/nikon/d90/users-guide/d90.pdf

after moving on from D80 to D90. I notice there is a very slight but noticeable drop in picture quality. I am using the same lens sigma 18-200 and the same tripod and head. Using cable release and now using delay exposure.

I will try to find if there is any comparative image among the photos I've took.

Anyone out there who might have any suggestion(s) to help me to narrow down if it is a user or camera problem? If it is a camera problem, I will bring it down to NSC and see what they can do to help. Thank you.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Mickel Tan View Post
    Hi,

I'm new in D90. And I know you are well knowledge in D90 DSLR. Some funtion need your advice.

1. May I know how to cancelled the AF-assist lamp while I'm taking very low light environment. Some of the area are not required for camera when performing. If this lamp funtion have been cancelled. Is that affected my quality of picture? What is the setting procedure?

2. May I know how to change my picture countinue running number (SC). When I down load all my photo to computer and re-shot another event again, the number always re-start to DSC-0001. This may happen when I copy my new phtot over to the same file folder and may over-write my pervious photo.

3. When I shoting the person who wearing white shirt with white table cloth. May I know what setting should I set to prevent over expose?

Regards
    Mickel
    1 and 2. Note to self. I have to read the manual in depth instead of skimming through.

3. If you are using A or S mode, ev+.

Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    after moving on from D80 to D90. I notice there is a very slight but noticeable drop in picture quality. I am using the same lens sigma 18-200 and the same tripod and head. Using cable release and now using delay exposure.

I will try to find if there is any comparative image among the photos I've took.

Anyone out there who might have any suggestion(s) to help me to narrow down if it is a user or camera problem? If it is a camera problem, I will bring it down to NSC and see what they can do to help. Thank you.
    bro, it could be that the focusing is a bit off? ie. the camera's AF and your Sigma's don't quite tally.

If you bring it down to NSC, they might 'push' the responsibility (if it's an AF issue) onto Sigma. Got try printing out focus chart to test?

I seriously doubt it's a user problem
    Last edited by ZerocoolAstra; 24th December 2010 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickel Tan View Post
    Hi,

Regards
    Mickel
    I would've thought that if you photograph someone/thing white, the camera's meter would be fooled, and you'd get an underexposed photo.
    Whatever it is, it should be fairly predictable (similar situation, similar outcome), and you can dial in exposure compensation.

Wireless Remote Control and Remote Cord whats the difference ah? besides the fact that one is wireless and the other is not.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
    Wireless Remote Control and Remote Cord whats the difference ah? besides the fact that one is wireless and the other is not.
    yah... that is a no brainer answer.

if you are talking about the Nikon ML-L3 Wireless Remote and Nikon MC-DC2 Remote Release Cord. The wireless one, you have to activate the wireless function and have to point it at the sensor on the left side of the camera. The remote cord has a switch like thing to hold down the button which is good for bulb mode long exposure.

And there are lots of others remote control including the third party ones with even more functions.
    Last edited by coolthought; 25th December 2010 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    bro, it could be that the focusing is a bit off? ie. the camera's AF and your Sigma's don't quite tally.

If you bring it down to NSC, they might 'push' the responsibility (if it's an AF issue) onto Sigma. Got try printing out focus chart to test?

I seriously doubt it's a user problem
    Yah.... guess it may be a "sigma" problem.
    Guess printing out the focus chart to test will be definite.
    Thanks for the suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by coolthought

Yah.... guess it may be a "sigma" problem.
    Guess printing out the focus chart to test will be definite.
    Thanks for the suggestions.
    I guess is the le that cause slightly poorer quality. More noise introduce etc.

Quote Originally Posted by quizesilver View Post
    I guess is the le that cause slightly poorer quality. More noise introduce etc.
    I am comparing the current photos with those taken with my last camera D80 and hence the slight but noticeable drop in iq.

Probably, I will try to include a similar nikkor lens for some test shots to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by rains
    Hi guys,

I want to check with you if D90 has this function where it detects all the faces and gets all faces sharp? Someone told me there is this function, but I can't find it in the manual.

I am using this function where I focus on one face using the ... I dunno what you call that, but it's a small rectangle that you see on the viewfinder and you can move it up, down, left or right by pressing the arrow buttons around the 'OK' button. But sometimes I don't get sharp faces for the rest of the people in the group. Sometimes I do. I honestly don't know what I am doing right or wrong when I get it sharp or not sharp. Some people have suggested adjusting the aperture to F10 or F11 which I do but sometimes it doesn't work.
    Hey there, I'am a 2 mths old new user here too... but I think I know what you're trying to get. try this.

1. go to custom setting menu.
    2. go to "a7" setting
    3. chose Face priority
    4. take your photo with Live screen mode by pressing LV

let me know if this is what you want
    Last edited by Hitokiri84; 25th December 2010 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    yah... that is a no brainer answer.

if you are talking about the Nikon ML-L3 Wireless Remote and Nikon MC-DC2 Remote Release Cord. The wireless one, you have to activate the wireless function and have to point it at the sensor on the left side of the camera. The remote cord has a switch like thing to hold down the button which is good for bulb mode long exposure.

And there are lots of others remote control including the third party ones with even more functions.
    ok thanks. now considering either the MC-DC2 or ML-L3.

any idea where i can find the Exp. delay mode in the D90 menu? cant seem to find it sia.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
    ok thanks. now considering either the MC-DC2 or ML-L3.

any idea where i can find the Exp. delay mode in the D90 menu? cant seem to find it sia.
    The wireless one cost about 10.

Look for d10 Exposure delay mode
    http://nikond90blog.blogspot.com/200...r-lock-up.html

Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 173237404142434447 ... LastLast