Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192427282930313439 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 580 of 1000

Thread: D90 User Group (Thread IV)

  1. #561

    Default

    but nikon lens and speed light both have international warranty if brought from overseas right?

  2. #562
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Seletar Estate, Singapore
    Posts
    478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daoyin View Post
    D90 is a very good camera whether bought new or pre-owned. But last camera?
    Yes. Last camera.

    Good enough for many many years till it dies. By then, I have enough records (the photos) of my memory and need no more.
    Fuji X100s, Tamron 17-50 f2.8 vc, Nikon 55-200mm, 35mm 1.8f

  3. #563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LBL2009 View Post
    Yes. Last camera.

    Good enough for many many years till it dies. By then, I have enough records (the photos) of my memory and need no more.
    Ha ha, nice to see someone here who knows exactly why/what he wants, to use a camera to record/preserve happy memories, like many do.

    Not into buying gears just to show what one can afford or spend large amount of money just to get the "sharpest" picture, usually of mundane stuff, to show off to others.

    If a camera cost $1800 & last 5 years, then its only $30 a month for this purpose, like subscribing to phone line Viewed this way, hmmm can budget $100 a month & get the D700, even D3
    Last edited by s1221ljc; 18th November 2010 at 04:56 PM.

  4. #564
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LBL2009 View Post
    Yes. Last camera.

    Good enough for many many years till it dies. By then, I have enough records (the photos) of my memory and need no more.
    wow. Really salute your anti-virus power!

    My opinion though, if I was looking to get a D90 now, I would get the D7000 instead.
    Of course it all depends on budget.
    D90 still a damn capable camera, but D7000 looks like it will 'get out of the way' a bit more, allowing you the freedom to concentrate more on composition and other aspects.
    Exploring! :)

  5. #565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    wow. Really salute your anti-virus power!
    ...
    D90 still a damn capable camera, but D7000 looks like it will 'get out of the way' a bit more, allowing you the freedom to concentrate more on composition and other aspects.
    Someone once ask an extremely wealthy multi-millionaire how much $$$ he consider would be "enough", since what he has can already last many lifetimes & he said "just a bit more" We man will never have enough, always wanting more & more. Better for some to "get out of the way" of the path to upgrade & upgrade But the temptations are too great.... and we love temptations.

    Now that the D90 has been relegated to the pre-owned market, its price has fallen so low we can now get 2 used D90 for the price of 1 new D7000. Or can get 1 used D90 with some very nice lens. So those who have yet to experience the D90 have all the choices & its good that those below can move up.... Thats why news of new advanced models are always welcomed..
    Last edited by s1221ljc; 18th November 2010 at 05:22 PM.

  6. #566
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    West
    Posts
    2,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LBL2009 View Post
    Yes. Last camera.

    Good enough for many many years till it dies. By then, I have enough records (the photos) of my memory and need no more.
    D90 pre-owned should now at a low price as many who have upgraded to a D7000 would be looking to sell. Hope to see you shooting more photos for your memories.

  7. #567
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by s1221ljc View Post
    Someone once ask an extremely wealthy multi-millionaire how much $$$ he consider would be "enough", since what he has can already last many lifetimes & he said "just a bit more" We man will never have enough, always wanting more & more. Better for some to "get out of the way" of the path to upgrade & upgrade But the temptations are too great.... and we love temptations.

    Now that the D90 has been relegated to the pre-owned market, its price has fallen so low we can now get 2 used D90 for the price of 1 new D7000. Or can get 1 used D90 with some very nice lens. So those who have yet to experience the D90 have all the choices & its good that those below can move up.... Thats why news of new advanced models are always welcomed..
    that is human nature.... never be satisfied.
    Good and bad la.


    ok... shifting topic back to D90...
    There was a newbie thread recently about Canon 550D mistakenly thinking that external flash is mounted, even though it has been removed. From replies, it seems like the cause (a little plastic button hiding underneath a metal flap) is quite common. I was shocked to hear this.
    My first reaction was to assume that Nikon has gone fully electronic with this, but I looked closely at the flash hotshoe, and indeed there is a metal strip with what looks like a miniature button below.

    But I've never had my camera being mistaken about presence of external flash before. Just wondering if anyone has such unfortunate experience with their D90.
    Exploring! :)

  8. #568
    Member pasay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    that is human nature.... never be satisfied.
    Good and bad la.


    ok... shifting topic back to D90...
    There was a newbie thread recently about Canon 550D mistakenly thinking that external flash is mounted, even though it has been removed. From replies, it seems like the cause (a little plastic button hiding underneath a metal flap) is quite common. I was shocked to hear this.
    My first reaction was to assume that Nikon has gone fully electronic with this, but I looked closely at the flash hotshoe, and indeed there is a metal strip with what looks like a miniature button below.

    But I've never had my camera being mistaken about presence of external flash before. Just wondering if anyone has such unfortunate experience with their D90.
    Hmm, i remember that thread. TS mistakenly thought the problem was bcoz he mounted a nissin flash, but someone explained it was a common issue with the camera's hotshoe regardless of which flash was mounted.

    I've used sb900, sb600 (borrowed), su-800 (borrowed again), and third party triggers (borrowed yet again). So far, i haven't experienced this on my d90.
    a Nikon body, some lenses, a flash, and a whole lot of dusty photos

  9. #569
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pasay View Post
    Hmm, i remember that thread. TS mistakenly thought the problem was bcoz he mounted a nissin flash, but someone explained it was a common issue with the camera's hotshoe regardless of which flash was mounted.

    I've used sb900, sb600 (borrowed), su-800 (borrowed again), and third party triggers (borrowed yet again). So far, i haven't experienced this on my d90.
    Don't we all love our D90s?
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  10. #570
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default

    I was quite shocked to hear that it's a COMMON problem

    Exploring! :)

  11. #571
    Member pasay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Don't we all love our D90s?
    Obsessively.

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    I was quite shocked to hear that it's a COMMON problem

    Hmm, my workplace got a 550D issued for company events. Worth a check tomorrow to see if it IS a common problem. Only thing is they didnt get a flash. Dunno if can check without the flash or not
    a Nikon body, some lenses, a flash, and a whole lot of dusty photos

  12. #572
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pasay View Post
    Obsessively.



    Hmm, my workplace got a 550D issued for company events. Worth a check tomorrow to see if it IS a common problem. Only thing is they didnt get a flash. Dunno if can check without the flash or not
    Pop in your SB900...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  13. #573
    Member pasay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Pop in your SB900...
    Will a 550D take an SB900? Quite concerned connecting it will short one or the other... alternatively, just curious, will a d90 take a canon flash?
    a Nikon body, some lenses, a flash, and a whole lot of dusty photos

  14. #574
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pasay View Post
    Will a 550D take an SB900? Quite concerned connecting it will short one or the other... alternatively, just curious, will a d90 take a canon flash?
    Remember the 5D Mk II using an SB900 at BMW world?...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  15. #575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pasay View Post
    Will a 550D take an SB900? Quite concerned connecting it will short one or the other... alternatively, just curious, will a d90 take a canon flash?
    Should be able to take it. I mounted akerue's 580EX on my D90. Works, but have to go full manual. No TTL. He mentioned something along the lines of, the higher end flashes will be able to do tt.

    Edit: "Tt" in bold refers to Nikon bodies being able to use Canon's higher-end flashes, and not regarding retaining the TTL function.
    Last edited by Smiles88; 19th November 2010 at 02:18 AM.
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

  16. #576
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default

    Tsk tsk tsk... never pay attention... shooting xmms while we were exploring our D90s har? Well, now we know high end cannon flash can work on D90... wonder if it is workable the other way round?
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 18th November 2010 at 09:41 PM.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  17. #577
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Tsk tsk tsk... never pay attention... shooting xmms while we were exploring our D90s har? Well, now we know high end cannon flash can work on D90... wonder if it is workable the other way round?
    as long as the trigger voltages are the same, it should be workable...

    but of course the other pin arrangement is different, so forget about any TTL capability.
    Exploring! :)

  18. #578

    Default

    hi all, i have a question here.

    these lenses can be use on d90 right? advisable to use such old manual lenses or better to buy a new afs lens?

    http://www.lens.sg/products/50mm-F1....ing)-(EX).html

    http://www.lens.sg/products/50mm-F1....l-Nov2010.html

  19. #579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flossbun View Post
    hi all, i have a question here.

    these lenses can be use on d90 right? advisable to use such old manual lenses or better to buy a new afs lens?

    http://www.lens.sg/products/50mm-F1....ing)-(EX).html

    http://www.lens.sg/products/50mm-F1....l-Nov2010.html
    Sorry, but the links are not working. I'm guessing tt you're actually referring to AiS lenses or the other lenses produced around tt era? What you must know is tt no matter how old the lenses are, Nikon still uses the same mount. So it can definitely be used. It's just a question of what functions there will be. As AiS lenses are MF lenses, you don't lose out on AF. However, with D90 as body, what you do lose out is the metering.





    From your question, it's very obvious you didn't read through the user manual properly. Right?
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

  20. #580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    Should be able to take it. I mounted akerue's 580EX on my D90. Works, but have to go full manual. No TTL. He mentioned something along the lines of, the higher end flashes will be able to do tt.
    ah yesh it will work but purely manual, be it SB900 on a Canon body or vice versa....
    so no ttl and whats not.

    dear smiles, no i did not mention higher end flashes will ttl on others body... except one of the metz model, than can adapt to either a canon or nikon body... or even sony via adaptor and yet retain the ttl function

    link here http://www.metz.de/en/photo-electron...formation.html
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •