Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7121516171819222742 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 1000

Thread: D90 User Group (Thread IV)

  1. #321

    Default Re: D90 User Group (Thread IV)

    hey guys.. just bought a new SD card for my D90.. is there any ways to continue shooting from the last photo sequence from the previous memory card?

    e.g. 1st memory card, photos end with DSC_2020.nef then when i change to a new memory card i too want the first photo in the new memory card to be DSC_2021.nef instead of it starting at DSC_0001.nef

  2. #322
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: D90 User Group (Thread IV)

    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFields View Post
    hey guys.. just bought a new SD card for my D90.. is there any ways to continue shooting from the last photo sequence from the previous memory card?

    e.g. 1st memory card, photos end with DSC_2020.nef then when i change to a new memory card i too want the first photo in the new memory card to be DSC_2021.nef instead of it starting at DSC_0001.nef
    No leh... don't think it can be done.
    Exploring! :)

  3. #323
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,701

    Default Re: D90 User Group (Thread IV)

    you can continue with the running number . . . can be set in the camera.
    Shot more cos digital is FREE !!!

  4. #324
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,701

    Default Re: D90 User Group (Thread IV)

    menu >>> pencil icon >>> d >>>> d*7 number sequence >>>> set to 'ON'

    your number will run in sequence . . . else it will reset by itself if you set to 'OFF'

    you can change your file name too . . . DSC can be change to your initial.
    Shot more cos digital is FREE !!!

  5. #325

    Default Re: D90 User Group (Thread IV)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    No leh... don't think it can be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by weegk View Post
    you can continue with the running number . . . can be set in the camera.

    hmmmmmm.. so which is which?

    i looked through the whole menu.. didn't see an option for that..

  6. #326
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,701

    Default Re: D90 User Group (Thread IV)

    Quote Originally Posted by weegk View Post
    menu >>> pencil icon >>> d >>>> d*7 number sequence >>>> set to 'ON'

    your number will run in sequence . . . else it will reset by itself if you set to 'OFF'

    you can change your file name too . . . DSC can be change to your initial.


    Try it . . . my photos are in running sequence.

    But it will reset at 10,000 . . . . meaning at DSC 9999 . . . next will be DSC 0001.
    Shot more cos digital is FREE !!!

  7. #327
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,701

    Default Re: D90 User Group (Thread IV)

    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFields View Post
    hmmmmmm.. so which is which?

    i looked through the whole menu.. didn't see an option for that..
    Page 182 >>> File number sequence

    Obviously you didn't read properly.
    (don't be angry, just joking)
    Shot more cos digital is FREE !!!

  8. #328

    Default Re: D90 User Group (Thread IV)

    Quote Originally Posted by weegk View Post
    Page 182 >>> File number sequence

    Obviously you didn't read properly.
    (don't be angry, just joking)
    oh nooooooooooo.. just did that and it starts from 0001 instead of continuing from the last number sequence.. haha... jialat.. now everytime transfer file to computer headache liao..

    p.s. sorry.. should have gone through the manual first.. :x

  9. #329
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,701

    Default Re: D90 User Group (Thread IV)

    Don't worry, i give you another secret kungfu . . .

    Page 169 Active Folder.

    You can change the folder name which will allow you to start your photo labeling too from DSC to other initial. (Eg ABC, JAY etc)

    So you won't have problem transfering . . . .

    PS : Never read your manuel properly again.
    (sorry, just joking again)
    Shot more cos digital is FREE !!!

  10. #330

    Default Re: D90 User Group (Thread IV)

    Quote Originally Posted by weegk View Post
    Don't worry, i give you another secret kungfu . . .

    Page 169 Active Folder.

    You can change the folder name which will allow you to start your photo labeling too from DSC to other initial. (Eg ABC, JAY etc)

    So you won't have problem transfering . . . .

    PS : Never read your manuel properly again.
    (sorry, just joking again)
    haha..... okok! thanks a million! that's definitely an idea...

  11. #331

    Default Re: D90 User Group (Thread IV)

    Quote Originally Posted by weegk View Post
    Don't worry, i give you another secret kungfu . . .

    Page 169 Active Folder.

    You can change the folder name which will allow you to start your photo labeling too from DSC to other initial. (Eg ABC, JAY etc)

    So you won't have problem transfering . . . .

    PS : Never read your manuel properly again.
    (sorry, just joking again)
    i just changed the folder name and the photos that i took still starts with DSC? read page 169 and they didn't say anything else..

  12. #332
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,701

    Default Re: D90 User Group (Thread IV)

    you need to choose the folder . . . should be able. Try it . . .
    i suspect you didn't choose the folder correctly . . .
    i have been changing it . . .

    Hmmm.... only those newly shot will be changed. the existing ones which you shot previously will not.
    Last edited by weegk; 24th October 2010 at 10:55 PM.
    Shot more cos digital is FREE !!!

  13. #333

    Default Re: D90 User Group (Thread IV)

    Quote Originally Posted by weegk View Post
    you need to choose the folder . . . should be able. Try it . . .
    i suspect you didn't choose the folder correctly . . .
    i have been changing it . . .

    Hmmm.... only those newly shot will be changed. the existing ones which you shot previously will not.
    my file no. sequence is still on..

    changed folder name, created new folder.. my photos still start with DSC_####

    and i am sure i select the folder liao.. even the active folder there display my new folder name..

  14. #334
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,701

    Default Re: D90 User Group (Thread IV)

    ops . . . sorry about that.

    i did it on the D300 and it is ok. i tried on the D90 just now and is not ok.
    I will read it up again . . . hmmm . . .think i must re-read again the manual.
    hope to find a solution to it.
    Shot more cos digital is FREE !!!

  15. #335
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: D90 User Group (Thread IV)

    Quote Originally Posted by weegk View Post
    you can continue with the running number . . . can be set in the camera.
    I thought the file number will end up resetting when you switch memory cards
    This I need to check. I know about the setting for file number sequence. Thought it would still be over-ridden by a swap of cards.
    Exploring! :)

  16. #336
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,701

    Default Re: D90 User Group (Thread IV)

    it wont' if you switch the number sequence to 'On' . . . see page 182.
    Shot more cos digital is FREE !!!

  17. #337
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: D90 User Group (Thread IV)

    Quote Originally Posted by weegk View Post
    it wont' if you switch the number sequence to 'On' . . . see page 182.
    mine is 'on'... I must try with a swap of cards...
    Exploring! :)

  18. #338

    Default Re: D90 User Group (Thread IV)

    hi hi everyone. Just gotten my D90 last Friday.
    Upgraded from D80.
    There are numerous changes or additions comparing between the D90 and D80.
    I have look through the technical improvement. Did a bit of street shoot and landscape. So far only just 2 things I feel has some impact for me after the upgrade. Higher ISO and lower noise. Rest of the improvement harder has any impact for me. Instead of simply just satisfying craving for a current tech tool, I wonder if the extra money I put in will pay back(not saying in terms of monetary but quality) when I fully explore it. For landscape photography, there is hardly any impact except for a 20% higher res photo which can't differentiate when we reduce the size to upload the photos online.

    What are you guys opinions for those upgraded from D80?
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  19. #339

    Default Re: D90 User Group (Thread IV)

    Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    hi hi everyone. Just gotten my D90 last Friday.
    Upgraded from D80.
    There are numerous changes or additions comparing between the D90 and D80.
    I have look through the technical improvement. Did a bit of street shoot and landscape. So far only just 2 things I feel has some impact for me after the upgrade. Higher ISO and lower noise. Rest of the improvement harder has any impact for me. Instead of simply just satisfying craving for a current tech tool, I wonder if the extra money I put in will pay back(not saying in terms of monetary but quality) when I fully explore it. For landscape photography, there is hardly any impact except for a 20% higher res photo which can't differentiate when we reduce the size to upload the photos online.

    What are you guys opinions for those upgraded from D80?
    Congrats!

    Erm. 2 weeks ago when I used my friend's D80, some options in D90's menu were missing in D80's menu. I also find the buttons of D90 easier to access, as well the better quality of the LCD
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

  20. #340

    Default Re: D90 User Group (Thread IV)

    Quote Originally Posted by weegk View Post
    you need to choose the folder . . . should be able. Try it . . .
    i suspect you didn't choose the folder correctly . . .
    i have been changing it . . .

    Hmmm.... only those newly shot will be changed. the existing ones which you shot previously will not.


    i must come after u now as i lose an hour of sleep because of that! anyway, it's ok for the mistake.. still must thank you for your help..

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •