Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Storm Troopers in MRT and Interchange

Quote Originally Posted by SniperD
    perhaps when they stroll over, notice the bag you are carrying and demanded a look-see, you just tell them it's a bomb and that if you unzip the compartment, it's rigged to blow. If you remove it from your side, it will blow. If you managed to remove it from your body, it will blow once it's out of its 10m range. Then you smile and ask: "so, what will you do?"

*forgive me, I'm in a terribly crappy mood tonight*
    they might just shoot you and dispose of your body and the bomb together.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    they might just shoot you and dispose of your body and the bomb together.
    darn....

mebbe the powers-that-be felt that the threat was credible and imminent? not much reaction or consultation time then.
    got lor. got time. if my memory dun fail me, the madrid bombs occured more than 2mths ago? to think of it now, if u wanna tok abt the 'fast and the furious', we shud have the storm troopers like more than a mth ago le.

at the end of the day, its a matter of whether they wanna ask us or not. in this case, i think they can't be bothered to lar. its always the case lar, in singapore, the government's the boss lar. they say wat means must do wat lar. at the end of the day, do we really have a VOICE?

Quote Originally Posted by oeyvind
    Now, come to think about this? What do they wanna achieve really? Try to think if you are a terrorist or suicide bomber... you travel by MRT?
    yes, to kill as many as possible.

Now, if you do, your mind is already been brainwashed and if you see an approaching guard, what with you do next? You will detonate whatever explosive you have on you... you don't think an expert to tell you this.
    unfortunately, true. until such time that the guards get better at identifying terrorists.

you know, Tim made a good point...

counter-terrorism will teach that terrorist will not put themselves at such big risk (travelling by MRT) to achieve so small of a success (bombing the train). but then again, they may just want to make a statement.

Quote Originally Posted by oeyvind
    Now, come to think about this? What do they wanna achieve really? Try to think if you are a terrorist or suicide bomber... you travel by MRT?

Now, if you do, your mind is already been brainwashed and if you see an approaching guard, what with you do next? You will detonate whatever explosive you have on you... you don't think an expert to tell you this.
    WELL SAID! although we still need to thank their not-so-practical approach at the end of the day... its the effort lar.

Quote Originally Posted by jonlou
    got lor. got time. if my memory dun fail me, the madrid bombs occured more than 2mths ago? to think of it now, if u wanna tok abt the 'fast and the furious', we shud have the storm troopers like more than a mth ago le.

at the end of the day, its a matter of whether they wanna ask us or not. in this case, i think they can't be bothered to lar. its always the case lar, in singapore, the government's the boss lar. they say wat means must do wat lar. at the end of the day, do we really have a VOICE?
    Gentle reminder, this is a discussion about the security measues that have been put in place. This is NOT for anyone to start a politically slanted discussion.

Consider this the last reminder.

Thank you.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

in matters of defence or national security, i don't think there is going to be much (if any) public consultation, due to operational security.

actually again this brought a point in mind:

wby the stereotype that explosives are found/ hidden only in big bags? Liken to Mindef's checking of the car when entering camps, they check only certain areas like the boot and glove compartments...

you know, Tim made a good point...

counter-terrorism will teach that terrorist will not put themselves at such big risk (travelling by MRT) to achieve so small of a success (bombing the train). but then again, they may just want to make a statement.
    in the mind of the suicide bomber, killing more than one of the enemy is considered a success. that's why, e.g., palestinian suicide bombers keep on targeting israeli buses, even with increased counter-measures enforced by the israelis. they have even used young women bombers to try to slip through the security cordons.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang
    Gentle reminder, this is a discussion about the security measues that have been put in place. This is NOT for anyone to start a politically slanted discussion.

Consider this the last reminder.

Thank you.
    ooops. sorry. was carried away, off the topic.

actually again this brought a point in mind:

wby the stereotype that explosives are found/ hidden only in big bags? Liken to Mindef's checking of the car when entering camps, they check only certain areas like the boot and glove compartments...
    bombs can also be hidden in shoes...

can we all just pray for world peace....haiz.....why they all want to like that.....

bombs can also be hidden in shoes...
    precisely my point I guess this counter-measure acts more as a confidence booster and psychological deterence rather than a strongarm prevention system

in the mind of the suicide bomber, killing more than one of the enemy is considered a success. that's why, e.g., palestinian suicide bombers keep on targeting israeli buses, even with increased counter-measures enforced by the israelis. they have even used young women bombers to try to slip through the security cordons.

fren, now they use children too

war is cruel...

If I'm the terrorist, all i have to do is blow myself up at 1 of the platforms at Cityhall or raffles place MRT station. Mass casualty, also disruption to train service. How long it takes? less than 30 secs if start at the ground level, & walk quickly during rush hour.

can we all just pray for world peace....

Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    If I'm the terrorist, all i have to do is blow myself up at 1 of the platforms at Cityhall or raffles place MRT station. Mass casualty, also disruption to train service. How long it takes? less than 30 secs if start at the ground level, & walk quickly during rush hour.
    let's hope the guards can spot that kind of behaviour...
    Last edited by zaren; 2nd June 2004 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AReality

remind me to ask the stormtroopers to frisk you proper if we go out for a shoot

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast