Thread: hELP on Conversion Lens Adaptor LA-DC58K

Default hELP on Conversion Lens Adaptor LA-DC58K

hi ,

i am very new to photography.

i am keen to find out more on this" Conversion Lens Adaptor LA-DC58K" from canon.

May i ask from fellow experts here, what is the main function for this conversion?

How does it work and for what purpose?

Example: my is nikon D90, if i am using 50mm f/1.4G and i need to add a addition lens infront of this 50mm lens, and at a distance of say 50 - 80 mm apart, do i use such lens adaptor?

And where can i get one?

sorry if i have ask some too simple question.

thanks a lot inadvance.
    d90 | 18 -108mm | Micro 85mm f/3.5G | 50mm f/1.4G

Default Re: hELP on Conversion Lens Adaptor LA-DC58K

Quote Originally Posted by wnltrading View Post
    hi ,

i am very new to photography.

i am keen to find out more on this" Conversion Lens Adaptor LA-DC58K" from canon.

May i ask from fellow experts here, what is the main function for this conversion?

How does it work and for what purpose?

Example: my is nikon D90, if i am using 50mm f/1.4G and i need to add a addition lens infront of this 50mm lens, and at a distance of say 50 - 80 mm apart, do i use such lens adaptor?

And where can i get one?

sorry if i have ask some too simple question.

thanks a lot inadvance.
    a simple google search found this...

http://shop.usa.canon.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10051_10051_200966_-1

Lens Adaptor - LA-DC58K

Canon LA-DC58K Conversion Lens Adapter for Canon G10 Digital Cameras. Required to connect the Tele Converter - TC-DC58D to your camera.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

The particular lens adapter you have mention is for the Canon G series of camera. The purpose is to mount on a Tele convertor for the camera. It is not suitable for your Nikon 50mm
    Canon 40D: EF 24-105 L f/4 IS: Speedlite 580 EX II

hi, anyone knows what is the equivalent for the Nikon D90 body and lens(AF-S 50mm f/1.4G).?

Quote Originally Posted by wnltrading View Post
    hi, anyone knows what is the equivalent for the Nikon D90 body and lens(AF-S 50mm f/1.4G).?
    The equivalent is to buy a different lens. That's the whole point of a DSLR camera.

Exactly *what* are you trying to accomplish? What is it that you are trying to do?
    Alpha

i have a pano lens that i "hope" to add in front of the 50mm lens. But if i add immediate.
    the distance is too near. i.e the distance interval between the pano lens and the 50mm lens is too short. Need to spread them apart say 50 - 80 mm away.

thats what i need to accompanised.

Ah, so what you are saying is you purchased one of those useless Vitacon/Steinzeiser wide-angle converters? It's not a "pano lens". What you should use instead is your 18-55 kit lens, or buy/rent a wide angle lens. Those wide-angle converters are pure rubbish and a waste of money; they are actually designed for handycam video cameras where image sharpness is not important.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Ah, so what you are saying is you purchased one of those useless Vitacon/Steinzeiser wide-angle converters? It's not a "pano lens". What you should use instead is your 18-55 kit lens, or buy/rent a wide angle lens. Those wide-angle converters are pure rubbish and a waste of money; they are actually designed for handycam video cameras where image sharpness is not important.
    I would agree with Rashkae. Furthermore using such adapter to DSLR will subject the image to effects of distortion and vignetting. Go and spend money on a wide angle lens. Do not waste your money on those sub-par adapter.
    Canon 40D: EF 24-105 L f/4 IS: Speedlite 580 EX II